An Awesome Idea.

8 replies to this topic

#1 Admiral Wesley

Semi-Pro

• 295 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 23:37

I just had this idea that maybe they should port Red Alert 2 to Nintendo DS. I think the graphics would work. The main game view would be on the top screen, and the minimap, objectives, unit and building menus on the bottom. Also, EA should add a few new units, maps, campaigns, etc. Also, this would contain both RA2 and Yuri's Revenge, with the campaigns from both. The units would be ordered around with the stylus, and it would be able to take advantage of the DSi by being able to import music tracks into the game. What do you guys think of this idea? Do you think it could work? What would YOU add to the game? Discuss.

EDIT: I threw this together in a few minutes. It's sort of what I'm talking about above.

Posted Image

Edited by General Wesley, 09 August 2009 - 23:53.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 10 August 2009 - 00:09

Yeah but... How would you move the units ? The stylus only works on the bottom screen...
Unless you use the buttons to train units and invert the screens so that you can actually control your troops on the bottom screen 8|

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#3 RaiDK

I have an Energon Axe. Your argument is invalid.

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 00:53

View PostCommander Carl, on 10 Aug 2009, 10:09, said:

Yeah but... How would you move the units ? The stylus only works on the bottom screen...

This 8|

A better idea would be to flip those screens around, so you're using the stylus to move units and the buttons to control unit production.

Or use an iPhone / Android system 8|

View PostMasonicon, on 17 Oct 2009, 13:44, said:

According to Conspiracy theories in internet, sci-fi and fantasy are real!

#4 Kichō

文昭皇后

• Tester
  • 2140 posts
  • Projects: NLS + Situation Zero

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:28

View PostCommander Carl, on 10 Aug 2009, 1:09, said:

Unless you use the buttons to train units and invert the screens so that you can actually control your troops on the bottom screen 8|

The only thing I can think of is like how RA3/2 is being developed on the iPhone(Or similar) like moving your units with your finger/pen.
Posted Image

#5 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:21

View PostRaiDK, on 10 Aug 2009, 1:53, said:

A better idea would be to flip those screens around, so you're using the stylus to move units and the buttons to control unit production.

That's what I said 8|

#6 SorataZ

Professional

• 347 posts
  • Projects: For the hunt I sharpen my claws.

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:43

That would be interessting indeed. But if they would actually do that, which sounds unlikely to me, they should include some new units for all factions in YR, new buildings, balance the game better and give Yuri a campain. THEN that would be really good. Just my opinion though.

#7 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:10

View PostZhen, on 10 Aug 2009, 17:28, said:

The only thing I can think of is like how RA3/2 is being developed on the iPhone(Or similar) like moving your units with your finger/pen.

If you've figured out how to make a dragbox...how do you right click then 8|
Posted Image

#8 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 10 August 2009 - 15:28

View PostDestiny, on 10 Aug 2009, 15:10, said:

Unless you use the buttons to train units and invert the screens so that you can actually control your troops on the bottom screen :D

If you've figured out how to make a dragbox...how do you right click then :D

On Windows Mobile, right click is done by holding down the stylus on the screen. However such portable devices might not be powerful enough for a smooth gameplay experience.
Posted Image

#9 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 17:07

View PostScope, on 10 Aug 2009, 16:28, said:

View PostDestiny, on 10 Aug 2009, 15:10, said:

Unless you use the buttons to train units and invert the screens so that you can actually control your troops on the bottom screen :D

If you've figured out how to make a dragbox...how do you right click then :D

On Windows Mobile, right click is done by holding down the stylus on the screen. However such portable devices might not be powerful enough for a smooth gameplay experience.

And on some games for the DS, holding down the stylus does a dragbox, so you can use it to select units, then point on the screen to move them, and have a little button to 'click on' to deselect them Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users