The Fallout Studios Forums RolePlay.

25 replies to this topic

#1 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 12:08

Hello Boils and Ghouls!

Your friend The SquigPie have been away for the last 14 days due to an… episode with the mods (again). There was flaming, rage, misunderstandings, random violence and tears, but that’s another story, and a very unlulzy one.

This thread is my way to start over, with lots and lots of nerdiness. A Play-by-Post RolePlay, I thought that the Fallout Forums needed one of these, and here it is!

Style is now officially Railroaded (GM controls the events, players chooses how to react to it, that means that you can’t write: “and then the house EXPLODED! And zombies zergrushed us!” I write that, and you write: “Karl III screamed “NOEZ WE’RE GONNA DIE!!!!!111” and then he died”). It won't give as much freedom, but it will be easy, and fun.

Settings are unknown as of yet

I got some ideas for settings though, (add your own, and it will be considered):

Fanfic RP (based on established universe):

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Freedom’s Duty: We’re a group of Loners (neutral Stalkers). And the RP is about us trying to survive The Zone and gathering Artifacts. If you dunno what STALKER is, then it’s a Russian version of Fallout look it up on Google or Wikipedia.

Warhammer 40000: Kind off free here, we can be Guardsmen, Marines, Chaos Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar, Orks, Tau, everything, except Necrons and Tyranids.
Lots of killing and epic battles in this RP.

Warhammer Fantasy: Same as above, we can be a group of Wood Elves or a group of Orcs and Goblins or something entirely different.
Classic Fantasy RP, set in the Gothic world of Warhammer

Dead Space: Lone Wolf: Our ship, the USS Wolf, is contacted by command after another marine ship stopped reporting in. And, as a group of badass marines equipped in high-tec gear, its our job to go in and do right what they did wrong. The mission goes to the USG Ishimura….
The RP is like the game, mature, violent, and focused on action and horror.

Shockwave/RotR: Well, it’s what the forum is (partly?) dedicated to after all. Story and all that will be decided if it is chosen as the subject

Original:

The Order of Chaos: 72 years into the future, war have torn the world apart, all contact to the American continent have been lost, and Europe, Africa and Asia are divided into three superpowers who are forever locked in combat. The Dostos, a totalitarian dictatorship, who uses high-tec and draconic discipline to wage war. The Sades, Anarchistic Libertines, who fights with guerrilla warfare and terror tactics, and last, but not least, the Wells, promising Utopia, uses the fanatically devoted masses and propaganda as a tool to reach their goals.
But they will soon have to join together, for over the ice between Alaska and Yakutsk wanders the army of a new faction, which is the results of 40 years of isolation.
The USA is back, now bearing a new name.
Their name is Legion, for they are infinite.
The RP is about us, a group of the-best-of-the-best of Sade, Well’s Utopia and Dostoevsky. We hate each other, but we have to stand together to kick the crap out of Legion.

The Mouth: You are a croup of total strangers, you wake up from cryostasis inside a small futuristic room, the labyrinth-like place you are in is identified by an ominous voice as “The Mouth”. It is a place of madness, people metamorphs and mutate. Monsters prowl the hallways and walls appear and disappear, your mind slips deeper and deeper into madness.

This is the trickiest, hardest, and potentially best of the RP’s. We aren’t a group of 1337 soldiers fighting for the greater good, we are normal people. the RP will be focused on interaction, atmosphere, psychology and it will take a hell lot of dedication and seriousity to make it win and
not fail miserably, but if it win, then it will be glorious.

This is the thread for voting what setting and style it should have. When that is decided I will make one for rules and joining. Then finally one in the Writers Section, where the actual Roleplay takes place.

Well, I want to see some voting and some commentaries. Also, I’m all up for being in charge of plot, but I need somebody with a killer instinct (mod or admin?)To keep in check that nobody goes LEEEEEROYY JENKINS And ruins the RP for the rest of us.

So, done for now, I hope to see this project of mine/ours up and running soon.

Edited by SquigPie, 15 August 2009 - 08:02.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#2 Brad

Quick! STAB YOURSELF FOR SAFETY!

• Member Test
  • 1467 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 13:33

Sounds like a nice idea, but I think people are thinking that this will end the last RP did.
You almost did, didn't you?

#3 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 12 August 2009 - 15:25

I'd be up for an RP, particularly one set in either 40k or just plain Warhammer. If Warhammer Fantasy, I already have a character set-up. 40k I can have a character in minutes (and you can guess which race I'll pick. Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 17:06

How did the last RP end out? I was wondering if the reason for the No RP thing is that you had some bad experiences with them.

Glad to hear that Nooka, lemme guess, Orc/Ork character?

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#5 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 18:19

I ran a rp, it was really best done as table top and was far to complex for a forum.

#6 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 21:14

View PostSquigPie, on 12 Aug 2009, 13:06, said:

Glad to hear that Nooka, lemme guess, Orc/Ork character?

Well...yeah. Posted Image Wuzn't dat an easy fing ta guess?
Posted Image

#7 Whitey

<Custom title available>

• 8743 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 22:36

I like the whole Chaos suggestion, but I'd be too tempted to be a part of the Legion. =P

#8 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 16:46

View PostBoidy, on 13 Aug 2009, 0:36, said:

I like the whole Chaos suggestion, but I'd be too tempted to be a part of the Legion. =P

Well, if its because they are evil and badass, then the other three factions are just as badass and evil, Sades are brutal and ruthless (For W40K fans: Like Dark Eldar). Wells are fanatical and half-insane (Like your average Ecclessiarchy representive), and Dostos are hardly even human (more like emotionless killing-machines).

Needs moar dakka boyz people to join, Thats why I originally didn't post the intro-thread on writers section, nobody ever comes here :(

Edited by SquigPie, 13 August 2009 - 16:47.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#9 Pandut

Abdomen and some dried fish.

• Project Team
  • 1261 posts
  • Projects: Frontlines and European Conflict

Posted 14 August 2009 - 18:14

Roll the dice?

I hope you don't mean like turn-based-combat...

It's a nice idea overall though, I'd join in.
Formerly Sobek

#10 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 18:27

Which type of role-play would you prefer though Sobek or do they all sound tempting?
Posted Image

#11 Pandut

Abdomen and some dried fish.

• Project Team
  • 1261 posts
  • Projects: Frontlines and European Conflict

Posted 14 August 2009 - 18:37

View PostWarboss Nooka, on 14 Aug 2009, 12:27, said:

Which type of role-play would you prefer though Sobek or do they all sound tempting?

Nothing associated with politics or reality. Something fictional, sci-fi, or fantasy.

I like ones that more of telling a story from a characters point of view, nothing like ''Ork Man Joe killed a rabid squirrel, Ork Man Joe gains 3 experience points!''
Formerly Sobek

#12 Liten

Morally Moose

• 326 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 19:59

Dow II + Order of Chaos = WIN

If that is the case, Space Marine Seargent Liten reporting for Duty Sir. Name Pending :lol:
Posted Image

Kyle Carter said:

Harry Potter is the safety scissors of the Fantasy genre

#13 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 20:21

^ This could get very interesting. Though if I'm to be honest, and if I may make an observation: Dawn of War is pretty much the same as saying Warhammer 40k, in so far as the units in Dawn of War II are pretty much the same as they appear in Warhammer 40k. The other bit of info is that 72 years to our current future, is only 2081, far from the 41st Millennium, which is essentially where WH40k picks up. Mixing Order of Chaos and WH40kis a bit cumbersome, and if I'm really honest, I'd rather just have either pure Order of Chaos or pure 40k, no mixing of the two.

Edited by Warboss Nooka, 14 August 2009 - 20:26.

Posted Image

#14 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 07:59

Glad to see some activity :lol:

Well, The official playstyle is now Railroaded, turnbased/stat-based would be rather hard. And I'm familliar with railroaded.

So tOoC and W40K seems to be the most popular at the moment.

Hmmm, Dunno if I can make a Chaos/W40K mix, think we should stick to one of them.

Edited first post btw.

Edited by SquigPie, 15 August 2009 - 08:02.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#15 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:27

W40k for teh WIN!!!

side note: interested (guess which faction im choosing :lol: )
Posted Image

#16 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:49

Well, the problem with the W40K one is that we all kinda need to be the same faction, or maybee we could play as a croup of mercs (ranger eldar, ork freebooter, renegade marines and guardsmen).

I dunno Killer, Squig?

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#17 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:54

I suggest renaming this an interactive story since that's the style and it might attract a different style of play. Best of luck with it guys.

Suggestion, Cyberpunk future.
Add fashion, style and lots of money to the Robocop world. I do have some background on this if people are interested.

#18 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 13:22

View PostSquigPie, on 15 Aug 2009, 12:49, said:

Well, the problem with the W40K one is that we all kinda need to be the same faction, or maybee we could play as a croup of mercs (ranger eldar, ork freebooter, renegade marines and guardsmen).

I dunno Killer, Squig?

I highlighted it a bit for you
Posted Image

#19 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 15:43

Everyone: Good, so if we decide to make it a Merc W40K RP/Interactive Story. We'll have an ork (Nooka), a guardsman (Teh Killer), and 2 space marines (Me and Liten)

Dauth: Hmm, maybee, I have to admit this, but I'm not sure exactly what Cyberpunk is, is it a mixture of old and futuristic?

Dauth, Sobek (Liten?) and Boidy: Are you up for a W40K one?

Edited by SquigPie, 15 August 2009 - 15:47.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#20 Liten

Morally Moose

• 326 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 15:50

Yes. lets Kick those Green Skins back to wahtever planet they came from >:lol:
Posted Image

Kyle Carter said:

Harry Potter is the safety scissors of the Fantasy genre

#21 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 16:07

I don't have the time to join in.

Cyberpunk is a 1980's view of the future. Cyborgs, mercenaries, glamour models for the rich.

These are characters I made during this post.

Martin Joesph - Solo
A clean shaven man with a long ponytail, about 5'10" above average build but not a weightlifter. He's never seen without a cigarette in his mouth, a scar on his top lip is the only blemish on his face. Behind the dark glasses contain a cybereye that is rumoured to be able to see through walls. Like all solo's he's paranoid and has not slept in the same location twice in the last 15 years. His clothes are expensive, a long leather coat conceals all details of his legs and hips. The stylised leather is tattered to the arms showing the ports on his wrists for the smartchip in his favoured Militek anti-Cyborg rifle. His accent is non-American indicating some time in the Soviet zone. He chooses SUV's which can take the weight of his Russian made cyberlegs+hips which allow him to jump five stories from a standing start. When flush with cash he heads out to parties always picking the girls with the coolest enhancements (from tech hair to cyber tails).

Current employment Militek Corp Bodyguard for overseas travel. Wanted at a price of 1,000,000eb by Arasaka Corp

Jimmy Tunes (Real name unknown) - Rockerboy
A rough shaggy beard savages Jimmy's face flashing in time with his music. Jimmy hates the megacorps and sets up concerts from the back of vans to abandoned stadia with the express desire to publish the formula for Chew-too (Synth petrol) on the net. Heavily into customising his band's gear, Jimmy's guitar is known to contain a pump action shotgun. His true calling is for the road, his motor home is a 300mph+ Euro import designed to take his band and his words out into the cities and broadcast them where everyone can see.

#22 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 18:12

Squigpie, you really should have a set of engagement rules or something similar so that one person's character doesn't kill another's without that person's consent.

Here's a link to the fantasy RP I played recently. Here is the link to the character introductions.
Posted Image

#23 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 19:24

No need for that, I will set them up in the next thread. Think I will make it tommorow.

I will take up a "Rocks fall, you die" policie, if somebody does something that ruins it for the rest of us, he will die, and his post will be counted as non-canon.

If anybody here remembers the old member of DoW 2 forums Mellissia, they will probably also remember her fantastic RP (and the countless flamewars she started and fueled, which got her banned, and ended the RP halfway into it). I've modeled mine after hers, there won't be a set group of rules, but if somebody goes over-the-top in kill count, they will be told to edit it or perish.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#24 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 21:11

"Over-the-top" is sort of what Orks do, but for the sake of the RP and to keep it playable, some aspects of my character can (and will) be curtailed. In the RP I linked you to, bringing the ferocity of the Ork into a playable/manageable sense should prove quite easy. Now, for me to reconstruct a 40k era Ork...Posted Image

Also, let it be noted that not only are Orks fierce creatures, they are depicted in 40k table top and in Dawn of War as comic relief. Having said that, I am also placing the task of acting as such (or trying as best I can) in this RP. Expect some "off-the-wall" logic and hapless mis-adventures, so as to keep the RP somewhat light despite the dark and gothic air that 40k tends to bring.

Edited by Warboss Nooka, 15 August 2009 - 21:11.

Posted Image

#25 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 21:35

Yeah, but what kind of ork are you anyway? A sneaky Kommando or ferocious Skarboy?

I've just finished the overall Campaign story, will finish and post tommorow.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users