n5p29 writings project

No replies to this topic

#1 n5p29

Lurker

• Project Leader
  • 1417 posts
  • Projects: NProject Mod, Recolonize, Tidal Wars

Posted 19 August 2009 - 05:57

Hi all, maybe you've heard my Recolonize mod. (look here if you haven't: http://www.moddb.com/mods/recolonize )
Actually that mod was born from my writing stories (originally in indonesian laguage), I'm trying to rewrite and continue it in english.

This writings project is not related to the mod progress! even the writings might affect the mod campaign/missions =P
This project is just my old story writing project that stopped from when I was in middle school and now i want to resume it.

It's a fiction story about not-so-far future that mankind nearly extinction because hunted by an army of drones controlled by a central AI. It might sounds like terminator very much, but it's really really different from terminator. I have the major plots in my mind and when compared with terminator it's far different.

In this story universe there are two major faction, Humans and Drones, but after a while it will be a fight of three sides (but still two factions). Humans survivor that scattered around the world still fights drones trying to gathering each other, Drones that works in one system with an ultimate AI called "The Mother" as the central. Still, the reason why Drones keep hunting humans still a mystery.

However, I have some problem, that's why I'm asking for some help:
- English is not my primary languange, if you spot language error please correct me.
- I'm bad in giving name or location
- I also just have limited amount of military/science/etc. knowlegde, comment me if spot some oddities

I'm really thank you if you willing to help me.

Here's the intro story (2nd revision):

RECOLONIZE INTRO

It's start at the near future. A secret military research project of making a perfect army controlled by a central supercomputer with advanced self-learning strategic artificial intelligence.

With the concept to create the most effective army, unlike human troops that are prone to deception and defection by enemies, the troopers would only focus on main objectives and victories regardless of any opposition. The AI will be used to control all of the military aspects ranging from resource management, unit productions, intelligence, battlefield strategies and even management of each individual unit. Due to its self-learning ability, it became highly adaptable in every battlefield, and surprisingly it can learn how to jam communications or lure enemies into traps.

After many years, the entire research project was put to a stop by the government due to reasons of its overpowerness and vulnerability to being uncontrollable. Despite officially being stopped, The computer of the Mother AI was frozen, buried deep, somewhere inside a research facility.

Several decades later, the world was at peace. Human technology isn't growing too far from now, besides the increasing usage of computer systems. Unknown to everyone, there was an unknown accident that caused the Mother AI to awaken and reactivate the army. The first attack reported was in the research facility where the AI was held. Intel indicates that the attack was just done by only few humanoid drone troops, but proved to be unstoppable. Condition being worse when the Humans army's lack of skills and lowered vitality due to the world being so peaceful for such a long period became apparent. There was also a report that no one survive from the annihilation on the location.

Only in few days the AI hacked and taken over several resource mines and Factories to build armies, did the inevitable capture of the military space satellite seem imminent. Following which, the entire world computer and data systems were shut down. Moreover the Drones seems to be evolving from one unit kind from a basic humanoid unit to many kinds of units like bird-like choppers and heavy mechs.

Disaster continued to spread around the world, causing human technology to deteriorate and populations being reduced drastically, with most casualties being in large countries that had used the most modern technologies before the AI's awakening. Prove the smart way to defeat enemy is by disabling their abilities.

Now, when things are messed up, human survivors have united in an effort to fight the drones. While the reason of the AI's awakening still remains unclear but it definitely does not have a good intention.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users