Liten´s guide to Uprising Challenge mode

1 reply to this topic

#1 Liten

Morally Moose

• 326 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 19:31

I was thinking of doing this in the Wiki, but I am too lazy to do something like that, so i´m just gonna do it here 8|
This thread will be updated regulary untill I see no point in continuing.

Now, lets get this started, shall we?

The first one I have done is:

No Match for the Guardian

Tech Unlocked: Posted Image (This is what you unlock by clearing this challenge

Tech required: None (This is the tech I recommend you use during the said challenge)

-----------------------
This one is going to be an Allied head-on Battle.
Since you are only able to build Tanks, you must be First out with yours and steamroll his base before he gets his up.

This should be your build order:

Posted Image + Posted Image + Posted Image + Posted Image + Posted Image + Posted Image

As soon as you get your War factory up, queue 8-10 tanks. When you have 3, send them to Commander Hills base. They should encounter no ressistance if you have done this fast. Set one in secondary mode to help increase damage.

Posted Image

When you arraive at his base, you should see his second WF comming up, destroy them first, then go after the Power. He ussually throws up a few defenses here and there, so watch out. Also, constantly hit W to select the newly created Tanks in your base.

Posted Image

When you have killed his WF, go after the CY and then the Refinerys, you shouldn´t have much trouble defeating his remaning forces.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Victory!

More to come!

~Field Commander Liten
Posted Image

Kyle Carter said:

Harry Potter is the safety scissors of the Fantasy genre

#2 Liten

Morally Moose

• 326 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 20:08

After 5 months, and a few reformations and upgrades to my computer, I finally got my hands on this game again :) Since I did lose all my challenge mode data, we'll be looking at some EA strategies today:

Dead Meat
MikeO says: "Don't worry, Cores are on patrol!"
Posted Image
Tactical Overview
In Dead Meat, the AI opposition from Commander Hill comes mostly in the form of dogs, dogs, and more dogs! With the AI so strongly focused on a single unit, and us firmly aware of what’s coming, we can devise a strategy that will quickly counteract the mass of incoming canines to grab a quick victory under the par time.
The Empire of the Rising Sun has a natural, if unorthodox, counter to masses of dogs (or bears) at tier 1 – the Dojo Core! To beat this map under par time, we will make extensive use of the dreaded Dojo Core Rush.

MikeO’s all-in go-for-the-throat base build:

1. Create and deploy 2 Instant Generators. These will leave you with enough power for 4 Instant Dojos and one Ore Refinery.

2. Create and deploy a single Ore Refinery. The money trickle will provide you with enough economy for creating Engineers while not sacrificing an early $2500 for another Refinery. Engineers play a vital role in beating missions below par time since they capture any unprotected structure in less than 3 seconds.

3. Immediately sell off the Construction Yard (Conyard) after the Ore Refinery comes out. In Commander’s Challenge, selling off your Conyard does not get rid of your radar. You are going "all-in" with this strategy, and since you will not be creating any other structures from the Conyard, the extra $2500 will help tremendously. After selling off your Conyard, make sure to grab the closest Oil Derrick with the Engineer that is left behind.
Posted Image

MikeO’s Dojo Dance:

1. Select the Dojo Core and move it near the exit of the enemy's Barracks.

2. Hold "alt" and quickly right click the circled points shown in the screenshot.

3. This will cause the Dojo Core to patrol the area selected and immediately crush enemy infantry units that come out without having to micromanage it. Though the AI will sometimes squeeze through, it will most likely attempt to attack the patrolling Dojo Core and crush itself in the process.
Posted Image

Dead Meat specific strategy:

1. Create 4-5 Dojo Cores with the Conyard rally-pointed into Commander Hill's base (flag in battlefield overview). The first Dojo Core should be halfway to the enemy base after Commander Hill's in-game cinematic ends.

2. Default to MikeO’s all-in go for the throat base build.

3. At this point, micro your first Dojo Core to crush the Dogs Commander Hill has built. Do not directly chase the Dogs but predicatively move the Dojo Core towards the same location the Dogs are going. Keep this Dojo Core as your main "Dog Crushing" tank and crush any Dogs around the enemy base.
Posted Image

4. Deploy the 2nd Dojo Core near the front of the enemy's Training Facility and create an Engineer to capture it. To neutralize the enemy threat of more Dogs and Peacekeepers/Javelins, use another Dojo Core to perform MikeO's Dojo Dance.

5. The other Dojo Cores should then be deployed in optimal locations that face the exit of the buildings towards the enemy's structures. Since the enemy Dogs and the production structures are neutralized at this point, you can queue up 3-4 Engineers on each Instant Dojo and capture the entire enemy base without worrying about countering other units.
Posted Image
MikeO's Pro Tips:
Sell off any structure you capture to get extra money and to prevent you from going into low power. The spare Peacekeeper can also help protect the Engineers.

When capturing the Conyard, sell it off immediately and use the free Engineer to take over another structure (saves a bit more time from the par).

When Engineers exit the Dojo Cores, use their Sprint ability immediately to shave a few seconds from their travel time. Make sure the Engineer is close enough that their capturing mechanic will finish before their resting-phase from sprinting.

In case Dogs or Peacekeepers survive the Dojo Dance and head towards your Engineer, you can quickly sell one of your Instant Dojos, activate the secondary ability of the Imperial Warrior left behind by selling the structure, and Bonzai charge any units threatening your Engineers.

This startegy has earned:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Kyle Carter said:

Harry Potter is the safety scissors of the Fantasy genre

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users