Suiginhime

4 replies to this topic

#1 kaoS

• 7 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 13:54

This is a OELVN (Original English Language Visual Novel), I am the editor in our core Dev team of 4 that's developing the visual novel. If you're not familiar with what a visual novel is, please visit this link. Suiginhime is just the first in a series set within the same universe. We're pushing for a 2010 release, although right now this target looks rather daunting seeing as our only artist will have to hand draw close to a thousand different CGs and Sprites. But don't worry, we'll get there somehow.

Now with that out of the way, here's a teaser synopsis:

8 years ago, a boy woke up from a coma.
Left behind in a world that only moves forwards.
Perhaps he’ll learn to regret it?

Bodies torn apart. Remains – with teeth marks.
People disappearing. The cause – unknown.
Strangers everywhere. From the city – Fortuna.

Most of all, a soft whisper to his ear.
“You – won’t blame me if you die right?”
Kojima Kiya nodded.

Yes, I know that's not the best that could be and it nowhere near does the story justice and a lot of things have been changed and added, we're simply too busy with finalizing the demo's script and adding music and sound effects into the game to worry about this synopsis.

But wait, did you just say a demo?

Yes, we're putting the finishing touches on the demo and it will be released at the end of this year. I'll be posting regular updates here, on behalf of the rest of the Dev team, and over on our blog at http://electrofishst....wordpress.com/.

Please don't hesitate to voice any comments, criticisms, questions and ideas in this thread or in our blog.

Edited by kaoS, 16 September 2009 - 04:53.

Posted Image

#2 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 16 September 2009 - 04:01

From the teaser/intro, I get the feeling this will sort of be a sci-fi type of novel. If that is indeed the case (and even if it isn't), I'm looking forward to the demo release. Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 kaoS

• 7 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:03

It's more of a blend of school life and fantasy with certain sci-fi elements.

It's set in modern day Japan where you, the protagonist, find yourself in the middle of a certain fictional event that spans over the course of 3 weeks. The story is mainly told through the view point of you, as the protagonist, but there are moments where third person perspective takes over. *I'm having a hard time keeping spoilers to a minimum* :D

Anyway, please look forward to more updates! :read:

-kaoS out
Posted Image

#4 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 05:13

View PostkaoS, on 16 Sep 2009, 13:03, said:

It's more of a blend of school life and fantasy with certain sci-fi elements.

This caught my eye...again. :D
Posted Image

#5 kaoS

• 7 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:56

Good to know there are people interested. :D
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users