Curing hardware issues with rage.

14 replies to this topic

#1 Nid

Human Being number 80446219302

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 17:25

At about 5PM yesterday, my left mouse button began playing up. It would stop functioning sometimes, meaning I would have to double or even triple click things to get them to work. As time went by, the issue got worse and worse and my patience grew thinner and thinner. This morning, the mouce ceased to function properly, and would only register clicks when a vast amount of pressure was applied, if at all. At about midday, I had become so frustrated with my mouse that I threw it against a wall and then slammed it on the desk several times in a fit of rage.

This seems to have cured my problem. Anyone else done anything similar?
Posted Image

#2 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 20 October 2009 - 17:27

Whenever my calculator's display dims, I bang it hard on the table and it's sorted out. This also used to work with the older CRT TVs we had :D
Posted Image

#3 Liten

Morally Moose

• 326 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 17:32

When I bought the computer I use now, it refused to play Ra3 without making loud beeping noises.
After a while, I got so frustrated that I kicked it as hard as I could. This actually stopped the beeping, but only for about 2 hours :D
Posted Image

Kyle Carter said:

Harry Potter is the safety scissors of the Fantasy genre

#4 ΓΛPTΘΓ

Ecchi Toaster

• Project Team
  • 923 posts
  • Projects: Spam

Posted 20 October 2009 - 17:34

My G-shock need a punch when the display dims...
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome radio

19:44 - Chyros: I'm very harmless

#5 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 20 October 2009 - 17:40

Forcibly "persuading" something to work seems to be a guy thing, though some women have found this useful. Also seems to work to make things fit. Why use the scalpel approach when the hammer's just as easy?
Posted Image

#6 BeefJeRKy

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 17:50

Actually in some cases girls/women will use this approach first even though I sometimes advice agaisnt them (a girl did this to her iPod and had all her data wiped off the HDD not to mention a dent :D)
Posted Image

#7 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 17:55

I got angry with my downstairs computer. I hit it loads of times and turned it on and it worked :D

Nid, maybe you had some dirt clogging something and whacking it against a wall cleared it out?
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#8 BeefJeRKy

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 18:06

View PostTheDR, on 20 Oct 2009, 20:55, said:

I got angry with my downstairs computer. I hit it loads of times and turned it on and it worked :D

Nid, maybe you had some dirt clogging something and whacking it against a wall cleared it out?

I think misaligned electrical contacts works as a better explanation. Since this isn't particularly spammy I'm moving it
Posted Image

#9 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:50

yer my left mouse clicker died on my mouse a month ago so i took it out back and shot it with ab air gun and it exploded into bits it was awesome

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#10 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:11

CURING hardware issues with rage.

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 21 October 2009 - 11:31.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Warbz

IRC is just a multiplayer notepad.

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:21

Well, it cured his rage. lol

Posted Image

#12 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:55

My calculator dies a lot so I have to hit it repeatedly/slam it on the table/wall/on my palm a lot. I think the battery's loose or something, heh. My acquaintances that borrow my calculator in school also do this, too. I did this while in my end-of-year examination hall, where the bangs echoed so loudly :D
Posted Image

#13 Dutchygamer

Shyborg Commander

• Member Test
  • 1899 posts
  • Projects: Frontline Chaos creator and leader, Invasion Confirmed co-leader

Posted 21 October 2009 - 14:43

Meh, rage doesn't solve my pc problems, and I think hitting your pc is a bit stupid. Also, knowing myself, I would have killed the pc with 1 smash :D
Posted Image

#14 NOPE

Amateur

• 147 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 04:39

I've had the same thing happen to me with the mouse - I used to have a really old ball mouse and it would stop working sometimes.. At one point I threw it at a wall and tried using it again, and it worked for another half hour or so. So naturally I drew from this situation that throwing things at walls = them working. So my mouse got pretty beat up and eventually I took it apart and fixed it (something had fallen out of place) and then put it back together and it worked. :X
I have anger issues, so when shit breaks my natural reaction is to flip over a desk or throw something at the wall. >_>
this sig is a lie

#15 General

Insufficient Title

• Member Test
  • 3869 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 15:43

It happened me once when the computer in my work stated it doesn't sees the harddisk, then I slammed it and in another restart, it worked , but I generally tend to throw controllers to somewhere when I am extremely hardened on a game , which is another issue 8|

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users