Creative Consultants

34 replies to this topic

#26 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 23:45

View PostGen.Kenobi, on 1 Nov 2009, 23:43, said:

For me, the only way of getting more visitors is making FS a mod hostee like Moddb. Not like, but with forums for new mods and modders (like Revora).

Am I missing something here?

*wonders what we're doing now*

#27 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts
  • Projects: New!

Posted 02 November 2009 - 00:01

what do you mean?

In my personal opnion, your mod "hosting guide" isn't helpfull for new guys that need a handy. Also if you look to SWR's you'll see that their policys about hosting are much better for new mods.
"The entire ocean. The entire world. Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what Tidal Wars really is... is freedom."
Posted Image

kudos to Pasidon for this awesome avvy and siggy!

#28 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 00:17

View PostGen.Kenobi, on 2 Nov 2009, 0:01, said:

what do you mean?

In my personal opnion, your mod "hosting guide" isn't helpfull for new guys that need a handy. Also if you look to SWR's you'll see that their policys about hosting are much better for new mods.

Sorry, but I'd like further clarification on that point. I don't understand how you think their hosting policy is more beneficial to new modifications. At all.
For there can be no death without life.

#29 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 00:19

The only difference is there is that they 'require' a beta. We do not, however we do reserve the right to ask for one.

Edited by Wizard, 02 November 2009 - 00:19.

#30 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts
  • Projects: New!

Posted 02 November 2009 - 00:26

They don't ask. Here FS ask.

Look>

"SWR" said:

What is required of a modification or total conversion before it will be hosted here at SWR Productions:

-A solid design plan, with accompanying documentation, showing what your modification or total conversion is intended to be like.

Details are always subject to change so in this case a draft does suffice.

-Members on the team who have a proven history. This can be anything from renders or a gallery that showcase the team members' work.

If the modification or total conversion does not have any of the above the following may be accepted as an alternative:

-A working beta that shows the mod to be in a playable or, at least, in a release worthy state. An alpha with untextured models does not suffice.

"The entire ocean. The entire world. Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what Tidal Wars really is... is freedom."
Posted Image

kudos to Pasidon for this awesome avvy and siggy!

#31 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 00:29

And to that, I raise you:

If possible, a working testing version (alpha) of the project.

We don't require an alpha, but it is obviously a bonus if someone can present us with a little bit of work.

Edited by AJ, 02 November 2009 - 00:29.

For there can be no death without life.

#32 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 00:31

They say exactly the same thing we do. If the documentation and other such work is not available (or at an acceptable stage) then a beta is required. As do we.

#33 CodeCat

It's a trap!

• Gold Member
  • 6111 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:22

I'd like to add that a HUGE difference is that SWR hosts mods only, while FS hosts any game-related project.
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

Go dtiomsaítear do chód gan earráidí, is go gcríochnaítear do chláir go réidh. -Old Irish proverb

#34 Sicarius

Semi-Pro

• 226 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 02:33

Since you are already considering changing member titles, why not change the forum/ subforum names to more suit the site's new theme? Like change "General discussion" to "The Core" or SYD to "The Cooling Tower" or something like that.

Also, these.

Edited by Sicarius, 06 November 2009 - 02:33.

I've come face to face with myself, man.
Sanctify the early light just like the old man can, boy!
Change the world? You'd better change yourself, man/ boy/ man
Challenge the mind to be more like the rolling ocean, man!

#35 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:24

I personally think SYD's name itself is just too significant :)
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users