Looking for a News Team

13 replies to this topic

#1 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:22

For sometime it has been the intention to use the Fallout Studio website to provide the community with news and updates from the modding, development and gaming realms. In order for this idea to become a reality we are going to need some dedicated people to help us collect, collate and publish the goings on, ups and downs and ins and outs of the these worlds into something clear and legible for the community to absorb.

We're looking for approximately 3-4 people to come and work with the staff team to go out and about and trawl through the news, identify the gems and sift through the trash to bring the FS community all that is fit to print in the gaming, modding and development communities.

So if you have a keen interest in these areas, like to keep up to date and have sharp eyes, then we'd like you to apply. You'll be responsible for researching the public updates, identifying which is in the interests of the community and then publishing these on the FS site. You'll be working closely with the Staff team at FS so you'll have some help if you need it, but this will be something that you can have a substantial part in for the benefit of the community.

If you fit the bill and have the time to spare then let us know and give us a bit of an idea as to what you'd be capable of doing and any ideas that you might have (along with any relevant experience), we'll be putting the final team together as soon as we can.

Edited by Wizard, 06 November 2009 - 17:34.

#2 Nid

Human Being number 80446219302

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 11:51

I wouldn't mind giving a hand.
I've been sifting through ModDB since late 2005 and know what makes a good, successful mod or indie game. I'm also a media student, I have a basic idea of how to write for journalism and articles, although I'm no editor, I'm not exactly new to all this either.

I have no previous actual experience in this field, but I'm willing to take a shot at it now.
Posted Image

#3 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:17

Not sure if im allowed to make a post like this but you could ask DrugKoala (D.K.) on this matter. He reviews mods'n'shizzle for some Czech mag iirc
Posted Image

#4 D.K.

Semi-Pro

• 298 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:20

Atleast I did. They shut down few months ago. I was writing reviews for mods and indie games, and writing columns about mod development. I'm not sure if that's what you need from me, and my schedule is bit overloaded.

Though if it's "must be" I guess I could do some work here and there...
Requiescat in pace, James.

18.11.1991. REMEMBER VUKOVAR!

#5 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:28

We're looking for people to help out the community, if you don't have the time then we won't force you to do anything.

#6 D.K.

Semi-Pro

• 298 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:54

Ok, will see.
Requiescat in pace, James.

18.11.1991. REMEMBER VUKOVAR!

#7 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 20:20

I doubt I have enough time to go scouring news sites for new information regards modding/gaming in general, but I do have enough time to write stuff if that is a skill required, or just to provide a general keen eye on what's going through the site.
For there can be no death without life.

#8 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 06 November 2009 - 20:32

Seeing that I already trawl through a ridiculous amount of random blogs and news sites mostly about tech, I could potentially provide a helping hand especially as it would be easy to shift the perspective to gaming and the like. We'll see how it goes.
Posted Image

#9 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 21:03

I'd gladly take over as a blogger for the main page if you want. I roam quite a few gaming forums other than this one and I'm subscribed to a few RSS feeds from tech sites so I doubt I'll run out of things to post.

I also write some of the updates for NLS mods.

Edited by Hobbesy, 07 November 2009 - 17:05.

#10 Brad

Quick! STAB YOURSELF FOR SAFETY!

• Member Test
  • 1467 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 21:34

I wouldn't mind having a go at it. I already dig around a lot on the net and I have a lot of free time which I could use to fine tune et cetera.

Edited by Brad, 06 November 2009 - 21:35.

You almost did, didn't you?

#11 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts
  • Projects: New!

Posted 07 November 2009 - 12:47

Hi all! I'd like to apply :D

I have experience as staff of GamesModding.com
I wrote 3 articles, including tutorials, but i'm now finishing the last exams of this year and i'll have my entire summer vacations free.
However, my english is not 100% good, so i would need someone to review the gramar...
"The entire ocean. The entire world. Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what Tidal Wars really is... is freedom."
Posted Image

kudos to Pasidon for this awesome avvy and siggy!

#12 Rich19

I challenge thee!

• 1478 posts
  • Projects: Duelling

Posted 07 November 2009 - 16:40

I could give it a go if I have time. Used to do some stuff for C&C Files (IIRC that's what made me sign up on this forum in fact).

#13 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:53

I would help you out on the hardware part of gaming. I always keep myself up to date on this matter, especially on the graphic division which, for someone who doesn't deepen her/himself into it, can be very confusing nowadays.

I have already once started a topic with updates on the graphics divisions before here, which can be found here.
Posted Image

#14 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 13:15

Hello people, thank you guys for your enthusiastic reactions - we're pleased to see such spirit for the initiative :D .

To start, we have accepted the following five people into the staff team:

Hobbesy
Nidmeister
Brad
General Kenobi
Rich19

Congratulations, guys, and thank you for helping! :lol:

In addition, AJ and Scope have been chosen to assist in these duties. Thank you, too!

I will contact all of you on MSN/Steam soon to talk about your new positions. We'll have to sort out some details, but for now - welcome on board!
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users