battle carrier priview-shokwave,mod

10 replies to this topic

#1 Genrail

Semi-Pro

• Project Team
  • 234 posts
  • Projects: Private Map Contractor

Posted 10 November 2009 - 23:23

well i came up for the idea of making a bace on the watter and it worked i made it in to a misshon where you must to destroy a GLA fort with planes and a few ground units oh and your bace is on a air craft carrer and a few landing craft! totaly awesome map cant post pics just yet. says i dont have permichens to post pics but ok? but the map will be done around in a week or two(nov 20 or before) toatly awesome tell me what you think of the idea!!! sory if my spelling is bad not my strong point. :(
This place still exists?

#2 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:36

upload your images to imageshack. Then copy the direct link here and wrap it in image tags.

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 11 November 2009 - 01:37.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Genrail

Semi-Pro

• Project Team
  • 234 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:09

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image here we go how does it look? and thanks Alot!! :D

Edited by genrail, 11 November 2009 - 02:16.

This place still exists?

#4 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:33

Unfortunately it looks less than satisfactory...a single carrier can hold twenty Raptors, that airfield isn't really needed, you know. Then again a Carrier itself is a mobile command center (If you can do ini editing it'll be nice.) so you don't need to slap one on it, too. The Phalanxes actually fit the Carrier, but their base ruins it. :D Maybe have them sink down a bit into the Carrier, and consider their placement. You might want some offmap player-controlled oil derricks to avoid that horrible looking supply docks on Carriers, too (After all they are Aircraft Carriers, not Structure Carriers).

It's still a good idea though, never thought about it.
Posted Image

#5 H4mm3r

Casual

• 91 posts
  • Projects: Freelance modeling and looking forward to being a Gmod

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:43

Hey you gotta give him a A for originality, I haven't seen anyone do this before... and I though I was revolutionary at modding |8 :D |8 |8
Posted Image

#6 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:44

I already did, but I guess it wasn't prominent enough. :D
Posted Image

#7 Genrail

Semi-Pro

• Project Team
  • 234 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:52

View PostDestiny, on 10 Nov 2009, 20:33, said:

The Phalanxes actually fit the Carrier, but their base ruins it

i sunk them down into it so the base doesn't show

a single carrier can hold twenty Raptors, that airfield isn't really needed, you know

well the thing was why have 20 raptors that kind of ruins it you know. so i put an air field with a Air gen chopper pad behind it and with 4 planes its a bit more challenging

You might want some offmap player-controlled oil derricks to avoid that horrible looking supply docks on Carriers, too

there are in the lower left hand Connor off pic 10 of them and an refinery, and i needed a place to put my supply centre one that just sits there and does nothing.. no good so i put in supply docks

(After all they are Aircraft Carriers, not Structure Carriers).

well that's the thing, when i first thought of this i thought wow this could be cool a big floating base that's how i see it. one big floating base.....

any other comments i can answer?

View PostH4mm3r, on 10 Nov 2009, 20:43, said:

Hey you gotta give him a A for originality, I haven't seen anyone do this before... and I though I was revolutionary at modding 8| |8 8| |8

thanks |8 :D
This place still exists?

#8 Warbz

IRC is just a multiplayer notepad.

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:55

Is it not possible to have the Airfields invisible, maybe invincible to? So you have it there for the planes but as you can't see it, it looks like the aircraft are actually landing on the carrier.

Posted Image

#9 Genrail

Semi-Pro

• Project Team
  • 234 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:59

View PostW!, on 10 Nov 2009, 20:55, said:

Is it not possible to have the Airfields invisible, maybe invincible to? So you have it there for the planes but as you can't see it, it looks like the aircraft are actually landing on the carrier.

that's out of my ballpark but i think it is possible remember the GLA mission 4 i think. where you had to git the toxin to the plane . like that but with an aircraft carrier
This place still exists?

#10 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:55

I really can't see the images, when you upload to imageshack make sure the resize button isn't checked.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Genrail

Semi-Pro

• Project Team
  • 234 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 22:56

bigger pics.
why need pics when you can have the map!! im done tell me what you think!! battle-carrier mission1.zip

Edited by genrail, 12 November 2009 - 03:42.

This place still exists?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users