Supreme Commander 2

52 replies to this topic

#1 Mbob61

I may or may not be iron man!

• Project Team
  • 3068 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict

Posted 05 December 2009 - 00:15

Not sure if anyone has seen this but i think it looks amazing - Epic Sup Comm 2 screenies
Here is the wiki which has some more info and a 12 minute gameplay video but i haven't watched that yet - http://supcom.wikia....eme_Commander_2
If you go to the main section there are some more seriously amazing looking shots.
This is now firmly top of my wanted games list.

Mike

Edit - Just watched the gameplay trailer. Looks and sounds pretty impressive to me. A different style of Sup Comm but I'm really looking forward to it none the less.

Edited by Mbob61, 05 December 2009 - 00:42.

Thanks to Pav3d for the awesome sigs
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Magma

Regular

• 174 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:41

Cybran Nation for the win!
I liked SC very much, but it needed very good comp to work in 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3 etc.( when every faction had about 300 units rolling around) It's good to hear that they lowered system requirements for SC2.
But massing lvl 1 units and sending them to their doom is always fun, and im looking for to continue it in this game; one of the must have games for me. |8

But new FATBOY model looks awful.

Edited by Magma, 06 December 2009 - 09:50.

Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it... It really is worth fighting for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more.

________________________________________________________________________________
Everyone needs believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.
________________________________________________________________________________
My greatest weapon is my knowledge.... And laser beam eyes.

#3 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:35

View PostMagma, on 5 Dec 2009, 10:41, said:

Cybran Nation for the win!
I liked SC very much, but it needed very good comp to work in 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 3 etc.( when every faction had about 300 units rolling around) It's good to hear that they lowered system requiments for SC2.
But massing lvl 1 units and sending them to their doom is always fun, and im looking for to continue it in this game; one of the must have games for me. |8

But new FATBOY model looks awful.

This looks fun, I love how the maps are in demigod style. That without a doubt has the best maps in an RTS ever.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Lizzie

• 1364 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:04

They lowered the system requirements? Hmm. I might actually get this then.
- E.A.B
My escape route goes through the enemy.
Posted Image

#5 IPS

Eisenhower Commander

• Project Team
  • 649 posts
  • Projects: Shockwave, Rotr

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:56

I loved the first one and the second seems to be even an improovement.

though I mislike the anime style characters and the new fatboy : /
My Showroom
-{Aston Martin 4ever}-
Posted Image
"the earth does not deserve to touch my feet"
...:rofl:...:rofl:...:lol:...:rofl:...:rofl:...:lol:...
......... -.___.--"------ ................./ /

........ / ]: [][ I ]..........=======/
....... (-,____==o___.´ ..............` --
--`-------`---..........

#6 Mbob61

• Project Team
  • 3068 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 14:58

I actually quite like the fatboy.
I think it works as a gun platform although i do still have a softspot for the old Fatboy.
If i find anything else, i will post it here |8

Mike

Edited by Mbob61, 05 December 2009 - 14:59.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Mbob61

• Project Team
  • 3068 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 16:21

http://na.square-enix.com/sc2/
An awesome video in the gameplay section.
Uses similar footage but has a different voice over and is quite a bit more in depth. Reveals some experimentals and talks a bit about the tech/upgrade system.
Also, This looks so damn awesome - Fear the CybranZilla

Mike

Edited by Mbob61, 05 December 2009 - 16:26.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 22:33

Also, This looks so damn awesome - Fear the CybranZilla

that looks so damned campy |8
it's time to wake up

#9 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 22:54

While the graphics are definitely better on this one, and a bit smaller scale in return for lesser system reqs is something I can live with. However, the art direction and design has obviously suffered with Square Enix' involvement.

Edited by Shock, 06 December 2009 - 22:55.

Posted Image

#10 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 23:04

View PostShock, on 6 Dec 2009, 23:54, said:

the art direction and design has obviously suffered with Square Enix' involvement.

that's the word i searched for. these guys manage to make everything look retarded. anyways, i am LOVING those maps. a big get for me when it comes out.
it's time to wake up

#11 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:43

So I'm a bit slow in getting my feet wet as it were with Supreme Commander, but as of 2 days ago, I've played the SC demo. It took me all of a game to figure the economy out, which is unique, thus the learning curve. As it was only a demo, I've only been able to sample what the Cybran have to offer, and I do like what I've tasted. The Spiderbot for instance is a rather insane engine of war, and the Destroyers that can walk on land, well, let's just say war has never looked the same when trying to be different. From what I can see of the teaser footage, SC2 will be amazing. The map they give you to try in the demo is probably one of the smaller ones, but even so, it is quite large. In the teaser reel, the maps appear to be one of the best parts of SC2, making for some pretty jaw dropping eye-candy.

Minus the economy curve, the game itself does take some growing accustomed to, as build times vary greatly from a few seconds for the tier one buildings, to over an hour for the experimental units (though these experimentals are well worth the wait). Chris Taylor makes mention that the economy has been fixed, and having "snookered" myself with this cornerstone of survival in RTS', I have to say that I'm looking forward to what Taylor meant by this.

Edited by Sgt. Nuker, 09 December 2009 - 06:43.

Posted Image

#12 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 09 December 2009 - 13:44

View PostSgt. Nuker, on 9 Dec 2009, 6:43, said:

So I'm a bit slow in getting my feet wet as it were with Supreme Commander, but as of 2 days ago, I've played the SC demo. It took me all of a game to figure the economy out, which is unique, thus the learning curve. As it was only a demo, I've only been able to sample what the Cybran have to offer, and I do like what I've tasted. The Spiderbot for instance is a rather insane engine of war, and the Destroyers that can walk on land, well, let's just say war has never looked the same when trying to be different. From what I can see of the teaser footage, SC2 will be amazing. The map they give you to try in the demo is probably one of the smaller ones, but even so, it is quite large. In the teaser reel, the maps appear to be one of the best parts of SC2, making for some pretty jaw dropping eye-candy.

Minus the economy curve, the game itself does take some growing accustomed to, as build times vary greatly from a few seconds for the tier one buildings, to over an hour for the experimental units (though these experimentals are well worth the wait). Chris Taylor makes mention that the economy has been fixed, and having "snookered" myself with this cornerstone of survival in RTS', I have to say that I'm looking forward to what Taylor meant by this.

The trick to building experimentals fast is to use multiple engineers, of course, it takes a higher resource rate to do so, but in one of my games for example, I was building an Aeon Collosus every 1min 30.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 18:04

^ Please note that I was using the time given on the stats, and not the actual time it took me to build them. :D I'm well aware that using multiple engineers, as well as the ACU, brings build/research times way down.
Posted Image

#14 ultra1437

I lurk more than i post.

• 1178 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:30

hehe, a fully upgraded (and with forged alliance's experience addition) fully experienced ACU can churn out a spiderbot in under a minute alone.

now for forged alliance there are a couple mods out there that remove the level cap of 5, and imagine a level 50 ACU doing the same, hope you're aeon and built a paragon experimental resource generator already...

anyways, on topic, SC2 looks gorgeous from the whole attention to detail thing.... and it gets the one thing that's needed, unit upgrades that aren't limited to the ACU/sACU.

and RIP old Fatboy, i will miss ye.

/random rant.
R.I.P. Luyo, I will never forget you.

#15 Zhao

That pro guy.

• Project Team
  • 619 posts
  • Projects: Situation Zero

Posted 10 December 2009 - 14:12

LARGE SCALE BATTLES YAY :D

#16 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 00:20

It makes me feel old when I alt+tab out of Total Annihilation to read this. :D

Still, it looks like a nice game. I don't enjoy the design that much, but I'm glad they lowered the system requirements.

#17 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:42

Aeon Paragon pretty much ensured you could mass-spam Galactic Colossus, the most powerful land unit in the game.

View PostHobbesy, on 11 Dec 2009, 1:20, said:

I'm glad they lowered the system requirements.

That is probably relative, as I don't believe this game to be less demanding than the original SC. I just believe that it hasn't gone up on a linear performance scale.

#18 Mbob61

• Project Team
  • 3068 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 16:24

A quick update with some new media which has been recently released.
Firstly, a french site with a whole host of new videos and screenshots, both now showing many experimental units. There are several videos which reveal a new experimental each time which are definitely worth a watch. The link - The Link!

Here is a youtube video showing the most recent batch of screenshots. A lot of awesome ones here.

The are also a whole bunch of screenies here as well. Another link!

This game is looking like a certain buy 8|

Mike

Edited by Mbob61, 12 February 2010 - 16:24.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 16:56

Apparently UEF has designed their own Soul Ripper. I'm conserved on those first two units, the bomb bouncer especially and that Aeon vortex machine as they both rely on the enemy coming close to it.
Posted Image

#20 IPS

Eisenhower Commander

• Project Team
  • 649 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 14:03

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/&menu=b...9717&page=1

I can't wait to play that game!
My Showroom
-{Aston Martin 4ever}-
Posted Image

--`-------`---..........

#21 Mbob61

• Project Team
  • 3068 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 15:58

Saw these a while ago. They look awesome don't they :P

Some more recent ones:
http://www.supremecommander-alliance.com/I...les.7735.0.html
http://www.supremecommander-alliance.com/G...ges.5986.0.html

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 16:09

Looks like Aeon might have something in the way of an army this go round. Also, I can't wait to use Cybran. Even though they've lost some of the insectoid appearance they had, I'm still leaning towards them as my faction of choice.

Edited by Sgt. Nuker, 22 February 2010 - 17:15.

Posted Image

#23 IPS

Eisenhower Commander

• Project Team
  • 649 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 16:13

woha^^
indeed, I liked the first game but this time it looks like they make it really awesome

(why french?!!! >.<)
My Showroom
-{Aston Martin 4ever}-
Posted Image

--`-------`---..........

#24 Mbob61

• Project Team
  • 3068 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 16:44

No idea :P
Its not too hard to understand though :duh:
Cybran were my faction of choice in sup com 1 and they are looking sweet in 2 as well :xD:

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 ĦѦʠʠɵƇҟ Ϣϙɩƭ

Casual

• 52 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 03:14

View PostMbob61, on 22 Feb 2010, 11:44, said:

No idea ;)
Its not too hard to understand though :)
Cybran were my faction of choice in sup com 1 and they are looking sweet in 2 as well :read:

Mike

Cybran FTW. I always played cybran, I liked their feel better. I saw the 7 minute making of progress video not too long ago, and I have to say, it looks great. I do enjoy the epic 4V4 battles where everyone has hundreds of units. It really goes to show the power of the game. I also liked how FA didn't need the original, as I can't find the original's game disc.
But what is truth, is truth unchanging law? We both have truths, are mine the same as yours?
Posted Image
"Never forget 06/17/2047" Sig edited, due to it being 300 pixels to wide. -Nem

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users