2 replies to this topic

#1 Zeke

The X General

• Project Team
  • 3504 posts
  • Projects: Deep Impact (formerly EC)

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:20

The day started like any other.

I went to class, chatted with friends, went to the mall buy some stuff and eat lunch, everything was the same as it's always been.

On my way to the train station, an old woman called my attention. Judging by her appearance she didn't look like she had much money.

She was holding a bunch of little brown envelopes, she quickly took one and handed it to me.

At first I was a bit annoyed, "another beggar trying to sell me something AGAIN *sigh*" I thought to myself. The little brown envelope was empty, but it had writing at the front that said:

Advanced
Merry Christmas
And Happy New Year
God Bless
Thanks Giving

Connie

I was a bit confused at first, I had no idea what it was. She then asked me if I had any friends.

I replied "yeh, of course". She then gave me more cards and said "Here, for your friends, are they enough?"

I noded, she smiled at me, then left.

I just stood there staring at the cards she gave me for what seemed like forever.

As I turned around to walk away, I felt really sad and guilty. I felt like such a horrible person. I was ready to turn down whatever I thought she was trying to sell to me but she wasn't selling anything. This woman only wanted to give the people around her, probably the only gift she could give...

When I got home...

I cried...

...for the first time in over 10 years.

It was the simplest, and the most beautiful gift, that anyone's ever given.

Merry Christmas... Connie

#2 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts
  • Projects: New!

Posted 12 December 2009 - 14:31

Moving history...very beautifull, and resumes well the spirit of cristimas :P

Merry Cristimas !
"The entire ocean. The entire world. Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what Tidal Wars really is... is freedom."
Posted Image

kudos to Pasidon for this awesome avvy and siggy!

#3 Zhao

That pro guy.

• Project Team
  • 619 posts
  • Projects: Situation Zero

Posted 31 December 2009 - 07:43

I would have cryed to D:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users