L4D Server Cancelled

3 replies to this topic

#1 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 15:42

We have cancelled the L4D server, with immediate effect. We've asked a few times now and everyone seems to agree that it isn't worth the money to keep it. One game day a week, when it happened and was used simply wasn't enough to warrant the expense, even if it was only relatively minor.

We are always prepared to consider other servers/needs of the community so just because something is gone, doesn't mean it can never return or something can't take it place.

#2 Ghostrider

Duly Appointed Federal Marshal

• Project Team
  • 991 posts
  • Projects: The Pants Party, Irradiated Inc.

Posted 18 December 2009 - 20:03

As much as I appreciated you guys paying for our own FS server, I think this was a good decision. :P
Posted Image
AJ is responsible for this signature masterpiece... if you see him, tell him I say thanks.
Posted Image

#3 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 22:52

Well yeah on L4D, as much fun as the game is it probably does not possess the longevity of a true PvP multiplayer game.
Posted Image

#4 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 18 December 2009 - 23:37

Shock, on 18 Dec 2009, 22:52, said:

Well yeah on L4D, as much fun as the game is it probably does not possess the longevity of a true PvP multiplayer game.

That wasn't the problem, the problem is alot of the people that played on a friday stopped for various reasons, like university for example. Although tbh we always used Chyros' connection anyway, as some people had problems with the FS server from time to time.
Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users