2 replies to this topic

#1 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 23:15

Hi Fallout Studios, we meet again!

I need some quick and painless (mostly) help with something I'm working on:

1. Whats the correct word for "The Libertines" on French? Google Translate say its "Les Libertin" but I'm not sure if I can trust it.

2. I need a name for a faction of people, they're basically vigilantes, bandits, gangs, pimps, psychopaths and guns for hire. The only thing I could come up with is "Stalkers" but that would just be plagiarism.
So if somebody got a good word on their local language, something cool-sounding or obscure Biblical or Mythological reference (The universe is Revelations-inspired, and got more references to The Bible than you can count on one hand).

Edited by SquigPie, 21 December 2009 - 23:53.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#2 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 23:47

Mercenaries.

...well I don't do French, how'd I know what it is? 8|

Edited by Destiny, 21 December 2009 - 23:48.

Posted Image

#3 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 22 December 2009 - 00:24

Yeah, "Les libertins" is indeed a correct translation for "Libertines"
I've tried to find a good sounding name for these guys, but I can't think of something related to mythology (let alone Bible) D:
So here are some propositions in French and their approximate meaning (be aware that the 2 first ones are in Old French so you won't find many people who can actually understand them 8|)

- Les Nervis (An old term to designate mercenaries)
- Les StipendiƩs (The corrupted)
- Les Soudards (Some sort of assassins, but disorganized)
- Les Roublards (Rogues)

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users