StarCraft 2

34 replies to this topic

#26 Stalker

All Purpose ZH Modder

• Project Team
  • 568 posts
  • Projects: secret stuff.

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:40

IIRC Blizzard promised that Battlenet would be free for Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3.

However they have planned a map-market where users could sell and buy custom maps.

And didn't they say there is LAN mode as long as you log in to there servers - like LAN with Steam-Games.
Posted Image

#27 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 13:26

View PostStalker, on 11 Jan 2010, 14:40, said:

IIRC Blizzard promised that Battlenet would be free for Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3.
I'd like to stress how happy this statement makes me :P .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#28 Zhao

That pro guy.

• Project Team
  • 619 posts
  • Projects: Situation Zero

Posted 11 January 2010 - 14:35

So i cant go Lan under hamachi :(?

#29 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 14:45

View PostStalker, on 11 Jan 2010, 14:40, said:

Are you sure and do you have any proof? With Blizzard merging with Activision creating the monster that is Activision-Frankenstein-Blizzard i need proof that someone in that company isn't pure evil when it comes to money.

And no, Hamachi won't work IIRC.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#30 Teron

Absinth drinker

• 938 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 15:07

Omg, this is turning into a whining thread about no LAN again. Lemma rephrase AGAIN what has been said in the last thread (Read it again here (esp. page 2) ):

Battlenet 2 will be free. No costs at all.
Proof:
http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topic...amp;pageNo=2#25

(no) LAN:
First of all, yes no pirating Starcraft and playing it over Hamachci. I welcome it.
Secondly, NO LAG because battle.net2 will pretty much connect players directly with each other after joining a game online, like the current version of battlenet does.
So yes, you CAN play with friends together like over "LAN", need ONE internet connection though for confirmation of your copy.

Edited by Teron, 11 January 2010 - 15:12.

"It's not the cards you have, it's how you play them!" - Gambit (X-Men)

#31 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 15:37

View PostTeron, on 11 Jan 2010, 15:07, said:

Omg, this is turning into a whining thread about no LAN again. Lemma rephrase AGAIN what has been said in the last thread (Read it again here (esp. page 2) ):

Proof:

(no) LAN:
First of all, yes no pirating Starcraft and playing it over Hamachci. I welcome it.
Secondly, NO LAG because battle.net2 will pretty much connect players directly with each other after joining a game online, like the current version of battlenet does.
So yes, you CAN play with friends together like over "LAN", need ONE internet connection though for confirmation of your copy.

I think you over reacted there, no one was really whining about LAN.
Some people like playing over hamachi because its sometimes easier, rather than for pirating reasons (Look at Zero Hour for example, the online for that was horrible).

For me, as long as the online is free, il be happy. The only problem i foresee is if they shut down the online service in the future, but i guess they could implement a patch that lets you play without it, it all depends on how long the games/service lasts for.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#32 Teron

Absinth drinker

• 938 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 15:43

View PostTheDR, on 11 Jan 2010, 16:37, said:

Proof:

(no) LAN:

Some people like playing over hamachi because its sometimes easier, rather than for pirating reasons (Look at Zero Hour for example, the online for that was horrible).

For me, as long as the online is free, il be happy. The only problem i foresee is if they shut down the online service in the future, but i guess they could implement a patch that lets you play without it, it all depends on how long the games/service lasts for.

Well it wasn't meant mean or anything. If it looked that way, Im sorry.

Oh and don't worry about shutting down battlenet. It is (among other things) what made Blizzard what they are today. They were one of the first companies (if not the first) who had such a versatile online platform without any fee. and they always update and polish it when they release a new game. All games they offer run on it.
Battlenet exists now for over 12 years. :duh:

Edited by Teron, 11 January 2010 - 15:44.

"It's not the cards you have, it's how you play them!" - Gambit (X-Men)

#33 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 15:54

View PostTeron, on 11 Jan 2010, 15:43, said:

View PostTheDR, on 11 Jan 2010, 16:37, said:

Proof:

(no) LAN:

Well it wasn't meant mean or anything. If it looked that way, Im sorry.

Oh and don't worry about shutting down battlenet. It is (among other things) what made Blizzard what they are today. They were one of the first companies (if not the first) who had such a versatile online platform without any fee. and they always update and polish it when they release a new game. All games they offer run on it.
Battlenet exists now for over 12 years. :read:

Don't worry about it :read:
I know Blizzard are good at keeping the fans happy (apart from release dates :duh:) but I'm more worried about the ties in with Activision, who recently have been the bane of the gaming industry, raising prices and removing features. It hope none of that carries onto Blizzards games.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#34 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 22:59

Though I haven't used Battle.net THAT much, I remember it back from the days I used to play Diablo 2 online. I never had any complaints about it... Though the loss of LAN is a disadvantage for people on a closed circuit (this happens on campuses and colleges a lot - makes them unable to play the game), I'm not THAT bothered by it myself.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#35 NOPE

Amateur

• 147 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:50

I preordered it for like $5 from gamestop when I bought Starcraft battle chest (I kind of was really late on getting it). Can't wait till it's out.
For some reason I've never been able to play Starcraft online, though - battlenet doesn't work for me. Idk why. :|
no big deal though, when i actually do play rtses it's usually offline anyway..
this sig is a lie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users