The Russians are coming!

2 replies to this topic

#1 MentalAss

Death Before Dishonour!

• 965 posts
  • Projects: Warboss Nooka's personal Wartrukk.

Posted 23 January 2010 - 00:40

For those of you who jumped at the massive savings on the THQ pack during the Steam sale, or who own Company of Heroes and/or Opposing Fronts you may like to know that the Eastern Front mod has been released on the 21st.

By the title of mod and the topic, you can only guess what key faction has been added to an already fun RTT. For the people who lack multi-folder know-how, the mod runs separately from the core game, making switching easier for the users by using a launcher akin to dare I say...ok so I dare not say, but you all know |8. One word of warning, the core game has to be patched to version 2.601, which is the current installment.

Anyone who wishes to check it out, Nuker and I will be duking it out with the Germans all throughout the weekend and welcome anyone interested to join us. We go through Relic's own servers as WarbossNooka and MentalAss.

#2 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 00:42

I would love to play but this game doesn't connect online for me (I have tried nearly everything D:).

Stupid router D:
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#3 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 23 January 2010 - 01:23

This mod is one of the best mods out there mostly for what it includes. If you're not familiar with WWII Russian military strategy or technology, you'll want to look into it because Eastern Front stays very true to being historically correct. You need to rethink how you play the game if you chose the Russians, because they are lacking in a few things that other sides have early on. Fear not though, the Russians have a few aces up their sleeves, and if you know anything about the WWII era Russian military, you know about some of the goodies you can expect to command.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users