TF2 custom maps added

9 replies to this topic

#1 CodeCat

It's a trap!

• Gold Member
  • 6111 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 22:13

I have added two custom maps, cp_castle4 and pl_swiftwater, to the map list. Both are good quality maps, so I hope you'll like them.

Castle is a Dustbowl-style attack-and-defence control point map, with three stages and two points per stage. It starts off with BLU team assaulting a huge castle and breaking further inside until making their way to the centre.

Swiftwater is a payload map in the style of Badwater with 5 control points in a single stage. It is grass themed with lots of buildings and a cave. It is nicely designed with plenty of side routes and sneaky approaches to the cart from both teams.

If you join the server while they're being played, you'll get a download first, which can take a while. So you can also download them here:

cp_castle4
pl_swiftwater

If you have any other custom maps to suggest, feel free to!
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

Go dtiomsaítear do chód gan earráidí, is go gcríochnaítear do chláir go réidh. -Old Irish proverb

#2 Kaido

The one who screams.

• Member Test
  • 898 posts
  • Projects: Nothin'

Posted 02 February 2010 - 22:23

This might be a good map cause of small size :P

Edited by Drag#!, 02 February 2010 - 22:24.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 22:57

CTF_Aerospace is a pretty good one.

#4 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:28

Well TF² isn't really the kinda game which requires additional maps isn't it ? I mean, most of the popular maps are included in the game updates so there's no need to add more of them...
Anyways, as long as the server doesn't become filled of custom junk, i'm fine with it. But just don't forget that too many of it can kill the server and definitely discourage the non-FS members from joining D:

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#5 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 12:37

View PostArgetlam, on 3 Feb 2010, 12:28, said:

Well TF² isn't really the kinda game which requires additional maps isn't it ? I mean, most of the popular maps are included in the game updates so there's no need to add more of them...
Anyways, as long as the server doesn't become filled of custom junk, i'm fine with it. But just don't forget that too many of it can kill the server and definitely discourage the non-FS members from joining D:

Don't worry, i share the same worries. We won't play custom maps on the server all the time, just occasionally. We had great fun yesterday with that melee map.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#6 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 14:04

Well I'm genuinely oppposed to any maps that detract from the real TF2 game, for example, such as the melee only one that we played last night - I realy didn't care for it at all. A good map playing along the lines of a normal map, however, is perfectly fine by me - I've also played swiftwater before and I enjoy that one a lot, it's a great map.
For there can be no death without life.

#7 Liten

Morally Moose

• 326 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 14:09

The castle map looks like one I will enjoy, can't wait to try it out :P

Edited by Liten, 03 February 2010 - 14:09.

Posted Image

Kyle Carter said:

Harry Potter is the safety scissors of the Fantasy genre

#8 CodeCat

It's a trap!

• Gold Member
  • 6111 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 15:59

Both new maps are good quality and I picked them because they fit nicely with the rest of the gameplay and visual style. They are not 'gimmicky' unlike many custom maps out there.
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

Go dtiomsaítear do chód gan earráidí, is go gcríochnaítear do chláir go réidh. -Old Irish proverb

#9 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 16:20

As I said, swiftwater is a genuiely good map, the terrain is also dissimilar to what is usually used on TF2, but that doesn't mean it's bad, in fact it's one of the best custom maps out there.
For there can be no death without life.

#10 MR.Kim

Insane Solider

• Member Test
  • 2740 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 19:47

This map is will be nice. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users