Bioshock 2 Countdown

14 replies to this topic

#1 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:06

I don't know if there are any other fans of Bioshock in here. But If you should'have missed it, the game is out the 9. february. (And for those lucky enough to live in NY, the game comes out today).

So heres the obligatory countdown thread, were the game will be discussed.

Launch trailer
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/launch-t...31#comments_top

Please do not spoil it, you lucky NY bastards.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#2 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:25

I liked the first one but i have nothing but doubt for the second one. If anything, i will get it just for the story.

The multiplayer looks tagged on, however it does interest me as it seems very original and creative, i would like to see how it plays.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#3 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:49

I'm not buying it with 2K Games and their greedy price inflations.
----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#4 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 17:48

Explain please?

I haven't had any problems with this games price. much cheaper than some of the other games I've bought.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#5 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 18:04

I haven't finished the first one yet. Horror games scare me too much D;... which is odd since horror films don't phase me in the slightest.

Anyway, probably will get this, but not on release day, I probably won't get it till I've finished the first one... that I don't have money to 'waste' atm.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#6 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 03 February 2010 - 18:14

Already pre-ordered it, should be brilliant and the PCG review was positive.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 19:26

View PostBob, on 3 Feb 2010, 18:04, said:

I haven't finished the first one yet. Horror games scare me too much D;... which is odd since horror films don't phase me in the slightest.

Anyway, probably will get this, but not on release day, I probably won't get it till I've finished the first one... that I don't have money to 'waste' atm.

Finish the first one! The story is epic 8|
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#8 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 20:02

View PostTheDR, on 3 Feb 2010, 19:26, said:

View PostBob, on 3 Feb 2010, 18:04, said:

Finish the first one! The story is epic 8|

The story was good, but the best part of Bioshock was Rapture itself, the atmosphere it created was astonishing, I also ended up feeling pretty sorry and sympathetic towards Ryan.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 14:11

Yeah, it seems that the gameplay is improved in B2. Bigger and awesomer guns, (Screw you tommygun! HELLLOOOOO MINIGUN!) tactically improved ammo, better hacking system (old one got tedious after some time), new enemy types, hackable security bots can be upgraded, AI improved, etc. etc.

All I hope is that the plot and characters (and of course, the atmosphere) will be as good as Bioshock's.

And yes, the sequel will be just as scary as the first one. Remember Fort Frolic? The level with those creepy silent statue splicers and the legendary character Sander Cohen? The guy who designed that level is lead designer of Bioshock 2

Edited by SquigPie, 05 February 2010 - 14:12.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#10 Magma

Regular

• 174 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 16:19

Bought it for 40€, 4 days remaining for it. 8|
can't wait for another set of plottwisting moments.

Edited by Magma, 05 February 2010 - 16:20.

Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it... It really is worth fighting for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more.

________________________________________________________________________________
Everyone needs believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.
________________________________________________________________________________
My greatest weapon is my knowledge.... And laser beam eyes.

#11 Dan H

• 5 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 00:45

Here is IGN's review of the game, for those thinking of buying it.

Personally, I haven't played the prequel, but from what I've heard, it looks like a great game. And unlike some sequels, this one seems to be better than the first. Just my opinion - I haven't tried out either; I'm just basing this from my friends' comments on it and this review.

#12 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:35

This actually looks better than the first, since you're not playing some random idiot.
I started to play the first and it was massively dissapointing, tedious hacking sections, weapons that do fuck all damage, clumsy and just annoying plasmid thing. From the review it seems to have overhauled all that.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 17:55

View PostPav3d, on 6 Feb 2010, 11:35, said:

This actually looks better than the first, since you're not playing some random idiot.

Do you realise how much you make me laugh? :)

Play the game all the way through, THEN say that you play as "some random idiot".

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#14 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 18:05

View PostPav3d, on 6 Feb 2010, 10:35, said:

I started to play the first and it was massively dissapointing, tedious hacking sections, weapons that do fuck all damage, clumsy and just annoying plasmid thing. From the review it seems to have overhauled all that.

I would go back and give it another chance, the combat could be a bit clunky, but I didn't notice it hampering my game experience. Plasmids are annoying? How so? - Rarely do you need to use a combination of plasmids and weapons in Bioshock 1, doesn't mean you can't. I played once through using just plasmids after completing it a first time. The hacking was tedious, but it was a rather small part of the gameplay.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:06

Just finished Bioshock 2, and i'm not dissapointed. While there have been complaints of it being unoriginal, they're over-reacting. Sure it isn't brand new, so its obviously less original, that can't be helped. My only complaint is the main villian is just not up to Ryans standard. However I am happy to report the level design, storyline and gameplay are all improved. This game is also quite alot easier than the first, as ammo and adam are more than ample as opposed to rare in BS1. You could take that as a criticism or as an improvement, as I am someone who appreciates a challenge I would say its a criticism. But its not a large enough one to effect my enjoyment of the game.

In conclusion if you enjoyed the first game, of if you like good storylines (Read all the audiologs) this is a must buy.
Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users