Vanquish - some kind of sci-fi shooter?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Dan H

• 5 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 01:11

I've just stumbled across a teaser trailer for a game called Vanquish.
But be warned, it's quite literally a teaser - not much information given, but does hint a little.

Here it is:

Here's an article from Kotaku, with not much more information than the video suggests:
http://kotaku.com/5459346/introducing-vanq...f-resident-evil

So, there's not much known yet, but I'd like to know what you think and if anyone has more information, please, inform us 8|

Thanks,
Dan.

#2 Nid

Human Being number 80446219302

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:17

An impressive teaser. I'm looking forward to seeing more.
There seem to be some half life esque elements to it as well as from various other sci-fi shooters, and I'm still trying to figure out why he has a visor over his mouth 8|
Posted Image

#3 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:26

creator of RE eh? nice trailer, looks a bit too halo-y tho

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Dan H

• 5 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 14:36

I reckon they should have a car similar to the Aston Martin in the game. Just for the fun of those who see the connection.

View PostNidmeister, on 6 Feb 2010, 10:17, said:

An impressive teaser. I'm looking forward to seeing more.
There seem to be some half life esque elements to it as well as from various other sci-fi shooters, and I'm still trying to figure out why he has a visor over his mouth 8|

Yeah, it seems to have taken bits from other games. But, like you said, why the visor? Maybe it's so he can have a sort-of 'desktop' interface for the face, like I've seen in some quirky sci-fi films.

View PostPav3d, on 6 Feb 2010, 10:26, said:

creator of RE eh? nice trailer, looks a bit too halo-y tho

It does look a bit halo-y, doesn't it? And I just had to find out what RE stands for ^^ Of course, Resident Evil.

#5 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 06 February 2010 - 19:08

The main character is "master chiefy" but otherwise, this reminds me of MW2 in that the USA is under attack. My curiosity has been piqued, but I'll have to see if this game breaks the mold in a good way.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users