Call of Duty 7

13 replies to this topic

#1 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 21:55

Black Ops is scheduled for release in November 2010 and sources indicate the game developed by Treyarch will be set in history, between World War II and present day. It is also hinted that some of the missions will take gamers to Cuba and South America which hints at a Cold War and Vietnam based game.

In true Modern Warfare style, gamers will reportedly get a chance to play as a member of the Special Air Service (SAS) in which players will be involved in close combat during a mission in the Iranian embassy during the 1980's.

The game is also hinted to feature the popular "zombie mode" where players will get to gun down forces of zombies which was made popular in Call of Duty: World at War.

For South African PC gamers and worldwide PC gamers alike, CoD7 is set to feature dedicated servers. Gamers across the world should put their hands together for Activision who seem to be weeding out the problems with previous titles by re-adding dedicated servers to the franchise.

"... With a scheduled release date of November 2010 the game is still in full development but undisclosed sources over at Activision have stated that "Call of Duty 7 will be set in recent history, between WWII and present day". Besides this information the sources have also confirmed that some missions will take us to Cuba and South America, hinting again in the direction of a Cold War / Vietnam based game.

Also revealed was that in certain missions the players are able to play as a member of SAS (the Special Air Service), the principle special forces unit of the British Army. One of these SAS missions pitches you in close combat during a mission in the Iranian embassy in London during the 1980's.

It has also been confirmed that Call of Duty 7: Black Ops will feature the popular zombie mode, in which players get to shoot down hordes of zombies, a feature that could not be seen in the Infinity Ward produced Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

And last but not least, dedicated servers will also be part of the new Call of Duty game, much to the delight of PC gamers across the world. After Activision fired Vince Zampella and Jason West from Infinity Ward, it seems like they are taking yet another step back from the direction they had taken with Modern Warfare 2 by re-adding dedicated servers."

The main points:
Dedicated Servers!
Nazi Zombie game mode is back.
Could be set in Cold War/Vietnam era
Released Q4 2010

Sure, it won't sell as well as CODMW2, but will it be a better game overall? Only time will telll, but its looking that way so far.

Source

Edited by TheDR, 28 March 2010 - 21:56.

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#2 Lizzie

• 1364 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 00:41

A coldwar era game? Hell yes.
- E.A.B
My escape route goes through the enemy.
Posted Image

#3 Warbz

IRC is just a multiplayer notepad.

• Project Team
  • 4646 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 00:43

Until they release info on gameplay mechanics I could'nt care less. Not been a fan of Treyarch's recent achievements.

Posted Image

#4 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:06

With Treyarch it's always "play first", more than with other developers. I see they decided to put back some of the more popular stuff they did - the implementation of another zombie mode makes me wonder if they'll abandon their game at the first opportunity for an ingame mini-game again, though.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 Foxhound

Ain't no rest for the wicked.

• Gold Member
  • 2027 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:39

I did a double take. They're re-adding dedicated servers? At least someone knows how to do things right.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:19

View PostFoxhound, on 29 Mar 2010, 3:39, said:

I did a double take. They're re-adding dedicated servers? At least someone knows how to do things right.

Not enitrely. Treyarch weren't exactly loved for W@W. All they've done is bow to their Masters at Activision who wanted dedicated servers for MW2. Not that it is a horrific event for PC users, by far the most popular match making option. However, the fact that Activision "want" something doesn't sit easily with me. I doubt for one second it is because they love that market soo much etc. There has to be another motive, ie money.

#7 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:27

I find the potential for a Beirut mission in this game to be intriguing :bestpost:
Posted Image

#8 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 29 March 2010 - 14:20

Awesome news, loved W@W (yes screw you treyarch haters :bestpost:) Looking forward to this one

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 18:40

Because of the mess-up that is MW2 (The first IW game I did not finish the campaign of :bestpost:) I'm actually looking forward to this one. It will have strong competition against heavier odds however, with Battlefield 3 and Medal of Honor from the EA side in development as well.

Edited by Trivmvirate, 29 March 2010 - 18:41.

Posted Image

#10 Jinzor

Amateur

• Project Leader
  • 148 posts
  • Projects: 2142 Northern Excursion Mod

Posted 29 March 2010 - 18:44

View PostScope, on 29 Mar 2010, 9:27, said:

I find the potential for a Beirut mission in this game to be intriguing :bestpost:

Yeah, Beirut was mentioned once in Call of Duty 4 aswell.

Cpt.Price: *stops Sgt.Kamarov* Not so fast! Remember Beirut? Your with us.

Sgt.Kamarov: Hmph, I guess I owe you one...

Gaz: Bloody right you do.

Do you guys think we're going to play JUST as the British and Americans? I wouldn't mind playing as a Russian for once in a Modern themed CoD, they would be pretty awesome to play as during a Cold War game.

Edited by Jinzor, 29 March 2010 - 18:48.

Posted Image

Steam: Jinz
X-Fire: jinrenegade

#11 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 29 March 2010 - 19:19

Oh nice catch Jinzor.

But yeah the fact that it's based around spec ops would fit in with all the proxy wars that happened during the cold war and Beirut had quite a few events like the bombing of the US embassy.
Posted Image

#12 Jinzor

Amateur

• Project Leader
  • 148 posts
  • Projects: 2142 Northern Excursion Mod

Posted 29 March 2010 - 20:14

Just thought of something, wouldn't it also be awesome to have some of the old characters appear in this Cold War setting? Maybe Macmillan for the SAS at some point in this game? (1980s SAS missions during his 20s, before he is a Captain) Or maybe Sgt.Doyle from CoD:UO + CoD 3, now taking on the rank as a Maj, leading some 1950s mission across the Iron Curtain.

I don't know, its just an idea. CoD have brought back characters from previous CoD games, so...
Posted Image

Steam: Jinz
X-Fire: jinrenegade

#13 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 22:25

View PostJinzor, on 29 Mar 2010, 22:14, said:

Just thought of something, wouldn't it also be awesome to have some of the old characters appear in this Cold War setting? Maybe Macmillan for the SAS at some point in this game? (1980s SAS missions during his 20s, before he is a Captain) Or maybe Sgt.Doyle from CoD:UO + CoD 3, now taking on the rank as a Maj, leading some 1950s mission across the Iron Curtain.

I don't know, its just an idea. CoD have brought back characters from previous CoD games, so...
They did bring back characters from previous games, but those were all IW characters from IW games iirc. Price and MacMillan and all were from an IW so it'd be a long shot to find them in a Trey game.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 23:20

View PostChyros, on 29 Mar 2010, 23:25, said:

View PostJinzor, on 29 Mar 2010, 22:14, said:

They did bring back characters from previous games, but those were all IW characters from IW games iirc. Price and MacMillan and all were from an IW so it'd be a long shot to find them in a Trey game.

That depends very heavily on whether the legal battle for control of MW is rested into Activisions hands out of West and Zampella.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users