Ghost Recon Future Soldier

10 replies to this topic

#1 Auron

Visitor

• 24 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 22:25

Ghost Recon Future Soldier looks pretty epic huh? I have my doubts though, the past GRAW Games were not the best with Multiplayer gameplay, but hopefully they learned that MP is a big thing nowadays, and has improved...

Posted Image

#2 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 29 March 2010 - 22:30

That was a brilliant trailer, never played the GR series before. May have to pick this one up

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 23:18

It has the look of Clancy's End War and Frontlines:Fuel of War with the tanks and drones. Both suggest good SP but I worry for the MP with the cloaking etc. Possible risk of it being worthwhile but I will wait for them to prove they know how to make a decent MP game.

#4 RandomHero

• 8 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 23:41

View PostWizard, on 30 Mar 2010, 10:18, said:

It has the look of Clancy's End War and Frontlines:Fuel of War with the tanks and drones. Both suggest good SP but I worry for the MP with the cloaking etc. Possible risk of it being worthwhile but I will wait for them to prove they know how to make a decent MP game.

Thats right, if only they could make a decent MP game. But it might be worth picking up for the single player, could be a bit of fun you never know.

#5 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 23:56

View PostRandomHero, on 30 Mar 2010, 0:41, said:

Thats right, if only they could make a decent MP game. But it might be worth picking up for the single player, could be a bit of fun you never know.

For about 15 minutes. I don't even consider SP when purchasing a game these days. Not that I am saying you shouldn't either, just MP is where the value for money is.

#6 RandomHero

• 8 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 00:01

View PostWizard, on 30 Mar 2010, 10:56, said:

View PostRandomHero, on 30 Mar 2010, 0:41, said:

For about 15 minutes. I don't even consider SP when purchasing a game these days. Not that I am saying you shouldn't either, just MP is where the value for money is.

Yeh I know what you mean, I only got MW2 for the MP, but some games I buy for the SP. For example C&C4, I only got it because I wanted to see how the story ended. The MP is not to bad, a bit different but still sometimes it can be worth picking it up for a good immersion.

#7 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 00:03

View PostRandomHero, on 30 Mar 2010, 1:01, said:

Yeh I know what you mean, I only got MW2 for the MP, but some games I buy for the SP. For example C&C4, I only got it because I wanted to see how the story ended. The MP is not to bad, a bit different but still sometimes it can be worth picking it up for a good immersion.

May I suggest that if you are a "proper" MP experience then look at Battlefield Bad Company 2? If this game wants to get MP right it would combine the shooter style of MW2 with the team/tactics/classes of BC. That would be a total winrar game.

#8 RandomHero

• 8 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 00:22

[/quote] May I suggest that if you are a "proper" MP experience then look at Battlefield Bad Company 2? If this game wants to get MP right it would combine the shooter style of MW2 with the team/tactics/classes of BC. That would be a total winrar game.
[/quote]

That would be a good game. But BC does not have the same style of shooting that MW2 has, and I don’t think it ever will because BF games have always had that what I would call average game play mechanic. I enjoyed BF 1942 and what not but never really got back into the franchise. Would you recommend BC2?

#9 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:05

View PostRandomHero, on 30 Mar 2010, 2:22, said:

I enjoyed BF 1942 and what not but never really got back into the franchise. Would you recommend BC2?
If you like tactic-heavy FPS games or previous Battlefield games, it'd probably be a good game for you. It's quite enjoyable.

On topic: I'm not a big fan of futurey stuff but it does look interesting. I've never played a GR game so I imagine I'll see what it turns out to be.

Edited by Chyros, 30 March 2010 - 06:09.

TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:02

I've played only GRAW 2 and I really enjoyed it's SP mode, but the MP just sucks as you lose the squad commands as your squad is generally composed of some retards with a gun who think they're playing Counter Strike instead of a tactical shooter D;

Anyways, I'll be buying this game, unless Ubisoft puts their damn DRM in it, which'll make me automatically boycott it :bestpost:

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#11 Jinzor

Amateur

• Project Leader
  • 148 posts
  • Projects: 2142 Northern Excursion Mod

Posted 30 March 2010 - 20:22

Didn't play any of the previous Ghost Recons, but now I'm REALLY interested now that its set in the future, love future/near future setting stuff.

I wonder if Scott Mitchell is going to be the one ordering you, the squad leader, around...(Scott Mitchell was the Ghost Recon Captain you played as in the previous Ghost Recon games if you don't already know. I may not have played the games, but I learnt about them when I picked up EndWar which featured him as the General of the United States Joint Strike Force)

Edited by Jinzor, 30 March 2010 - 20:24.

Posted Image

Steam: Jinz
X-Fire: jinrenegade

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users