Odd event in MW2

5 replies to this topic

#1 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:44

So I was joining a game ready to play as per normal. Got thrown into a Free For All which was actually a TDM and when I killed someone I got all the XP required to get level 70. I have closed and reopened the game and I am still level 70. Anyone know wtf has happened? Tbh I am annoyed I was enjoying unlocking everything as I was moving through.

#2 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:51

That was a hacked rank server. There are plenty of them out there, although most of them are console based. As for what you do know, I don't know. Perhaps check out the Steam forums, although I think you're basically fuxxed. Idk if there is a way to correct it. You could just Prestige and start over, although you have still techincally gotten to first prestige via a hack, even if that isn't your fault.

#3 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:01

Thats really fucking annoying, I'd got into the ACR and now its going to take me another 2 months to get it again.

#4 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:10

You bumped into a dedi. Some of those work rank hacks. There used to be ones that removed all your XP instead (griefer servers) but they were removed. You may be able to get an undo from Activision (possibly through IW) - they did it for the guys who bumped into the grief servers too.

EDIT: I'll add the warning that if you find a server where anything seems to be out of the ordinary (wrong gametype, or undiscovered gametype such as Global Thermonuclear War, a gametype in the game files but never activated in the final game - it's quite popular in dedi games apparently, lots of XP, different guns, strange effects etc.) you should quit immediately.

Edited by Chyros, 11 April 2010 - 12:13.

TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 15:16

Cba with that faff, decided to play on with Prestige 1.

Lock it up ladies.

#6 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 11 April 2010 - 15:23

alright |8
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users