CoD: Black Ops announced

963 replies to this topic

#376 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 14:34

THIS IS WHY I DON'T PLAY MULTIPLAYER!

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#377 amazin

E-Studios resident XBOX360 (not computer) player

• 1483 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 22:17

theyve already confirmed that scavenger does not replenish anything but ammo for your guns

and i dont think the quickscope guy was trolling, try checking out the black ops forum if you dont believe me

#378 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 22:27

View Postamazin, on 28 Oct 2010, 23:17, said:

theyve already confirmed that scavenger does not replenish anything but ammo for your guns

If the perk video is correct...then your are wrong on that account. It clearly states that the scavenger pro perk will replenish both ammo and (both types) of grenades
Posted Image

#379 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:05

View Postamazin, on 29 Oct 2010, 0:17, said:

and i dont think the quickscope guy was trolling, try checking out the black ops forum if you dont believe me

Huh, Poe's Law I guess, he just seemed to use classic trolling techniques, the crazyass logic, the bad grammer, the offensive opinion, but I guess that there always are people like that.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#380 amazin

• 1483 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 22:34

i read that scavenger pro only replenishes non-lethal grenade types right after i posted that... and the video is gone by the way

#381 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 22:52

Well, atleast that means slightly less grenades.

Bloody noobtubers...

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#382 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 23:10

So, um, can you guys explain to me what Treyarch did well again? I kind of lost count of hanging offences.

Those modding tools better come right quick. You already KNOW the perks are going to be imba and the explosives overpowered and the flamethrower useless because the noob tube is STILL a 1HK up close etc. etc. etc.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#383 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:26

Complaining aside for a minute...

My extra pre-order stuff came in the mail today, nearly 10 days early for some reason :S

Came with the cell below, some avatar crap and a CD

Posted Image

May frame the cell <87

Posted Image

Posted Image

#384 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 13:09

wait, what? does that mean you have the game already? o:
it's time to wake up

#385 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 13:12

Nah. Its just the extra pre-order stuff. No game <87

Posted Image

Posted Image

#386 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 13:50

That is one BIGASS silencer,

Although, they have to be that large in real life, to make the noise reduction somewhat close to video-game silencers.

Edited by SquigPie, 30 October 2010 - 15:19.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#387 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 14:51

View PostSquigPie, on 30 Oct 2010, 14:50, said:

Although, they have to be that large in game, to make the muzzle flash reduction somewhat close to real-life suppressors.

there there.

Edited by Camille, 30 October 2010 - 14:51.

it's time to wake up

#388 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 15:16

I don't see the point of you editing my post,

Supressor is another word for silencer, there's no point in editing it.

Silencer's have to very large in real life to make the sound go PIFF like in videogames.

ownd

Edited by SquigPie, 30 October 2010 - 15:20.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#389 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 15:19

Suppressor is the correct name for a silencer <87

In reality they dont really silence anything, its all hollywood. Only FPS ive played with vaguely realistic suppressor sounds is Bad Company 1 (and they changed it to that pah pah pah sound every FPS uses for BC2 ¬_¬)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#390 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 15:21

View PostSquigPie, on 30 Oct 2010, 15:50, said:

Although, they have to be that large in real life, to make the noise reduction somewhat close to video-game silencers.

READ MY POSTS BEFORE POSTING!

also: ninja'd Pav:3d

Edited by SquigPie, 30 October 2010 - 15:22.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#391 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 15:26

...What?!

You have completely changed your previous post, it makes my previous one look idiotic <87

Posted Image

Posted Image

#392 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 15:40

The first one (the one I qouted) I never touched, the second was edited while you where reading the thread, I looked it up on wikipedia (the meaning of supressor) and edited my post accordingly. You first posted a short time later.

Sorry <87

Edited by SquigPie, 30 October 2010 - 15:40.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#393 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 15:43

View PostSquigPie, on 30 Oct 2010, 15:50, said:

The MAC-10 uses a special suppressor that's that big in RL as well, a trait very typical of the MAC-10.

Posted Image
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#394 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 17:08

View PostSquigPie, on 30 Oct 2010, 16:16, said:

Suppressor is another word for silencer, there's no point in editing it.

i know, but the correct name for what you see in almost all video games (and thus what you were referring to yourself) is "suppressor". not silencer since it doesn't actually silence anything.

View PostSquigPie, on 30 Oct 2010, 16:16, said:

Silencer's have to be very large in real life to make the sound go PIFF like in videogames.

i know, and i never told you otherwise <87

you were partially wrong, i corrected you in a non-aggressive manner.

the silent "ownd" comes off as very brutal to me. i'd suggest lowering your tone a little.
it's time to wake up

#395 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 17:23

If you're looking forward to the Black Ops campaign and don't want to have it spoiled then I'd suggest avoiding CoD related message boards and YouTube vids. There are people who have the game already.

#396 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 18:25

can't find anything on it <87
it's time to wake up

#397 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 18:30

The official CoD Black Ops forums have links to a live stream on Justin.tv.

Edited by Stinger, 30 October 2010 - 18:30.

#398 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 20:48

I should stop posting in this thread, I seem to offend everyone, nomatter what I say. First hitscan vs. projectile, then trollface, and now something that we all seem to agree on, yet somehow still manage to get into an argument about.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#399 BillyChaka

The word is law. The law is love.

• Member Test
  • 4358 posts
  • Projects: stayin' alive

Posted 31 October 2010 - 14:52

the ending to black ops and nazi zombies footage. it's very funny.

Edited by Paradise, 31 October 2010 - 14:54.

Posted Image

Ion Cannon in IRC said:

[19:11] <+IonCannnon> Basically, billychaka is a heartless bastard.

#400 amazin

• 1483 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 22:07

video got taken down before i could watch

i dont want the single player spoiled, but how did zombies look?

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users