#426 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 18:36

View PostDr.Wizard, on 1 Nov 2010, 20:22, said:

View PostSquigPie, on 1 Nov 2010, 17:37, said:

Karol? Is that E.V.E. Or someone else?

You have no comprehension just how wrong you are about that, although you aren't expected to know or understand how funny that comparison is to those who know :)
He'd love the irony of that statement, yeah :P .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#427 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 18:41

TELL ME THE TRUTH!

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#428 Stalker

All Purpose ZH Modder

• Project Team
  • 568 posts
  • Projects: secret stuff.

Posted 01 November 2010 - 20:36

View PostDr.Wizard, on 1 Nov 2010, 16:31, said:

*thinks ahead*

How many PC gamers are going to get this?

Me.

View PostDr.Wizard, on 1 Nov 2010, 17:45, said:

It's gonna take more than that. Not making the same mistake I did with BF:BC2

IIRC I played on the server once and I don't think there were more than 2 people online.

Also latency was bad for me.

View PostChyros, on 1 Nov 2010, 18:06, said:

I am so getting D3 that my head will fall off. I consider Diablo 2 to be the best game of all time :P .

^THIS^

I don't think I have been this hyped up for a game before. Well, I was hyped before it was even announced xD

View PostSquigPie, on 1 Nov 2010, 18:37, said:

Not getting Diablo 3 though, I've hated Blizzard ever since what they did to Illidan and Kaelthas (My favorite video game characters, turned into freaking evil overlords. Not even cool evil overlords).
What Black Ops is to you (every change is a bad one) Diablo 3 is to me, the art change from grimdark to WoW cartoonish, the removal of potions (NO! MAH POTION SPAM!) and all the other minor silly things.

I wouldn't go that far, but I agree that they killed the Warcraft lore with WoW.
As far as D3 is concerned, the 'comic' look has improved and everything else is a change to the better imho. Would you really want a 95% remake like SC2?

Back to Topic:

Trailer looks nice. I'm really looking forward to the campaign (and MP and Zombies :))
Posted Image

#429 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 20:39

I told you it was silly! But no, I'm hyped for more than enough games already, and I have laid off Blizzard products.

Edited by SquigPie, 01 November 2010 - 20:40.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#430 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:02

Black Ops multiplayer presentation, with David Vonderhaar and Frodo Baggins:

http://uk.gamespot.com/shows/now-playing/?...ack_ops20101101

Edit: God, the people playing this are terrible. At 1:57 the guy has an enemy in his sights and waits 5 seconds before shooting him... :)

Edited by Stinger, 02 November 2010 - 03:06.

#431 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:56

("LARP LARP LARP LARP LARP")

View PostStinger, on 2 Nov 2010, 5:02, said:

Frodo Baggins
:P

Edit: God, the people playing this are terrible. At 1:57 the guy has an enemy in his sights and waits 5 seconds before shooting him... :)
Indeed - and he's almost top killer and has the best KD too :P . If this is the best they have, in retrospect, I wish I could play on a console, I guess 8| .

Anyway, enough about that. Some things I've noticed:

-Vahn speaks of players only just starting out that aren't going to get a big disadvantage. IMO this is almost certainly not going to be true. You can see that the starting weapons don't get squat on them, just like in CoD 4 and WaW, so whenever you're matched up against a weapon that's used by a higher-level player, he's going to have an attachment that gives him a (big) bonus and you'll be outmatched. The same goes for Pro perks which are waaaaay harder to get this time around - in MW2 you'd have two of the best perks in the game levelled to pro simultaneously in less than half an hour but here they even force you to play gametypes you may not even want to play at all (for example, to level Marathon you need to play CTF - a relatively unpopular gametype. I can see this raising issues - playing a game you don't even want to in order to not be outmatched by people who have better stuff than you).

-You can see some nasty lag in the game, especially for an internally-played version, and there doesn't appear to be any lag compensation. This is especially noticeably on the sniper rifle footage you see, where bang-on shots do nothing at all.

-Their version of Cold-Blooded is UAV Jammer. It doesn't protect you against any other killstreak. So the dogs (which are apparently improved, and judging by his words, I'm assuming still half-invulnerable and respawning infinitely like in WaW, though we'll have to see that for ourselves I guess) are uncounterable by anything now. Let's hope the Pro perk reinstates this, but with what you have to do to level to Pro this will mean you'll be vulnerable to hardpoints for a LONG time especially if you plan to prestige.

-In Gun Game, the top player is revealed on the minimap every few seconds. What, was the game too hard for those poor little noobies? Awwww, how cute.

-They have a full-size uzi in! No more of that stupid mini-uzi crap. Me gustas mucho.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#432 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:04

View PostChyros, on 2 Nov 2010, 11:56, said:

("LARP LARP LARP LARP LARP")

Frodo Baggins
:P

-In Gun Game, the top player is revealed on the minimap every few seconds. What, was the game too hard for those poor little noobies? Awwww, how cute.

-They have a full-size uzi in! No more of that stupid mini-uzi crap. Me gustas mucho.

Makes it more challenging for the top player I'd say :P

Uzi ftw! Hope there's still akimbo, and Double Tab.

What?

Aiming? Wutz dat? All you need is dakka!

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#433 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:46

Firstly, @ Frodo :)

Secondly, is anyone else really tired of seeing people who are clearly not versed in how to play a CoD game, playing a CoD game, that lots of us know how to play? Is there even anything left to show us?

And lulz at 3:00 when his team mate doesn't realize that he is prone next to a CP :P

#434 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:49

View PostChyros, on 2 Nov 2010, 10:56, said:

Indeed - and he's almost top killer and has the best KD too :) . If this is the best they have, in retrospect, I wish I could play on a console, I guess :P .

I don't think "John from Activision" was showcasing the game in the way that Vahn would have liked so he substituted him for a girl after he asked for the controller. She wasn't much better. :P

Regarding the challenges, I don't like the idea of being forced to play certain gametypes to complete Pro Challenges, either. It seems like a desperate way to populate an unpopular gametype. One redeeming feature it does have is that it will force players to go for the objectives in those gametypes, so you won't have n00bs sitting back attempting to complete challenges at the cost of the game to their team. It also mixes things up a bit from the progressional unlock system.

In the Gun Game, I believe the top player shows in gold instead of red when he fires.

As for Cold Blooded Pro, it has been rumoured that it makes you "invisible" to the various killstreaks. I guess we shall see...

Lastly, LARP, LARP, LARP, LARP, LARP!

Edited by Stinger, 02 November 2010 - 12:17.

#435 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:08

View PostDr.Wizard, on 2 Nov 2010, 11:46, said:

Secondly, is anyone else really tired of seeing people who are clearly not versed in how to play a CoD game, playing a CoD game, that lots of us know how to play? Is there even anything left to show us?

I mean how many times did he not see that he was being fired at from behind, only to direct his attention away from his attacker and start aiming/lobbing 'nades into an open, empty space?

*facepalms*

@ perk ranking, this annoys me greatly. I don't see why I should have to switch to a game type to level up a perk. This will greatly disadvantage those players who don't play a game type who then have to jump into it to level up and there are numerous others wandering around who do. Straight forward leveling is far and away the fairest option.

#436 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:13

View PostDr.Wizard, on 2 Nov 2010, 13:46, said:

Yeah, that's getting on mine a bit as well.

View PostStinger, on 2 Nov 2010, 13:49, said:

In the Gun Game, I believe the top player shows in gold instead of red when he fires.
Ah, yeah, now that I look back at the footage, that seems to be the case. That's a lot more reasonable, I'd say. Guess I misunderstood what Vahny-boy was trying to say :) .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#437 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:14

Why do you guys keep talking about Live Action Role Playing? :)

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#438 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:32

View PostSquigPie, on 2 Nov 2010, 14:14, said:

Why do you guys keep talking about Live Action Role Playing? :)
Pronounce the word "larp" a few times in your best American accent :P . If you do it for an hour you'll basically have re-enacted Vahn in that vid :P .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#439 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:40

I really hate it when they show gameplay videos of people playing horribly. Would it kill them to at least try to get a halfway decent player?
Posted ImagePosted Image

View PostInsomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#440 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:46

View PostSoul, on 2 Nov 2010, 14:40, said:

I really hate it when they show gameplay videos of people playing horribly. Would it kill them to at least try to get a halfway decent player?
Me too. Worse, it's people like this that balance our games :) .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#441 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 13:57

I must admit, I am liking the maps that I've seen so far. The map at 15:00 reminds me of L4D2 and is very nicely done. Not sure that my opinion will be the same when I play them.....

#442 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 16:24

Apparently, there's also an "upgraded iron sight" attachment, shown for the M1911. I imagine that will be the pistol RDS or something?
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#443 Kaido

The one who screams.

• Member Test
  • 898 posts
  • Projects: Nothin'

Posted 02 November 2010 - 16:28

http://youtube.com/watch?v=b81LZN76zQs
Quickscoping is apparently still in :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#444 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 02 November 2010 - 16:33

But yay for golden guns?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#445 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 16:59

View PostDr.Wierd, on 2 Nov 2010, 16:28, said:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=b81LZN76zQs
Quickscoping is apparently still in :P

Easy to avoid when you see a douchebag sniper running at you. More free kills.

The opposition in the above video were trash.

Out of all the footage I've seen so far, however, I have never seen a single hitmarker for the L96A1. I sincerely hope that rifle does not OHK on any part of the body because it certainly looks that way.

Edited by Stinger, 02 November 2010 - 17:02.

#446 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 17:07

View PostStinger, on 2 Nov 2010, 16:59, said:

Out of all the footage I've seen so far, however, I have never seen a single hitmarker for the L96A1. I sincerely hope that rifle does not OHK on any part of the body because it certainly looks that way.

Indeed, however it may be a console disparity, well let's hope it is anyway. :P

#447 Stalker

All Purpose ZH Modder

• Project Team
  • 568 posts
  • Projects: secret stuff.

Posted 02 November 2010 - 18:50

Dead Ops Arcade (Mini)Gamemode

As if Zombies weren't enough.

Edit2: Video got removed again

Just search for 'Dead Ops Arcade' on Youtube

Edited by Stalker, 09 November 2010 - 14:44.

Posted Image

#448 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 19:27

This is kind of old, but it shows the L96A1 with the SUSAT:

Is it always a OHK?

And why people insist on adding shitty music to a vid I'll never know.

#449 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 20:23

No, it looks like they didn't fix noscoping over WaW or CoD 4, which was possible there. MW2 fixed this but they didn't base their engine off of that.

Noscoping is a lot worse than quickscoping tbh, and everything Treyarch have done so far to combat quickscoping is basically make legitimate sniping useless.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#450 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 20:27

View PostChyros, on 2 Nov 2010, 20:23, said:

Noscoping is a lot worse than quickscoping tbh, and everything Treyarch have done so far to combat quickscoping is basically make legitimate sniping useless.

I call it balancing with a chainsaw. Instead of getting to the root of the problem and removing the branch, they fell the tree.

The crosshair penalty hurts snipers at range and basically doesn't affect quickscopers because they don't wait for the transition time.

What a monumental fuck up.

Edited by Stinger, 02 November 2010 - 20:43.

45 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 45 guests, 0 anonymous users