• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:31

Well, this is likely to be a big mistake, but I've just bought it :xD:

#502 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:33

It's the Last Chance Saloon. If it sucks it'll be the last Treyarch game that I'll ever buy.

#503 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:36

View PostDr.Wizard, on 8 Nov 2010, 20:31, said:

A bit like Bad Company 2, eh? You don't seem like the type to make such regular impulse buys, yet you do :sly:
----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#504 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:41

View Postdeltaepsilon, on 8 Nov 2010, 9:36, said:

A bit like Bad Company 2, eh? You don't seem like the type to make such regular impulse buys, yet you do :sly:

I don't do impluse and I don't think this will be the puppies gonads of a game either, but I am not gonna miss out on the opportunity to have some games with my mates and have a laff whilst doing so. MW2 is a sucky game for many reasons, but the hours I've spent playing with people from this forum have well been worth the £30 it cost me. I am hoping that I get a little bit of enjoyment from BO and tbh it's worth it just to hear Tom scream "LAAAAAAMMME" at thousands of people from around the world. You can't put a price on the funz that that is :sly:

#505 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:48

View PostDr.Wizard, on 8 Nov 2010, 20:41, said:

I don't do impluse and I don't think this will be the puppies gonads of a game either, but I am not gonna miss out on the opportunity to have some games with my mates and have a laff whilst doing so. MW2 is a sucky game for many reasons, but the hours I've spent playing with people from this forum have well been worth the £30 it cost me. I am hoping that I get a little bit of enjoyment from BO and tbh it's worth it just to hear Tom scream "LAAAAAAMMME" at thousands of people from around the world. You can't put a price on the funz that that is :sly:

Heh, fair enough :sly: Messing around with mates certainly ups the fun value of a game, I bought StarCraft 2 for these reasons.

It's a shame geographical constraints prevent me from ever enjoying a game with you guys, though :(
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#506 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:21

View Postdeltaepsilon, on 8 Nov 2010, 11:29, said:

They've already killed off Gaz and Ghost, not sure how they'll be able to keep getting away with reusing that dude's voice.
Who cares :xD: . I've heard some of the voiceovers already, one of the factions' announcers has an accent so strong it sounds like it's one big American burp :sly: . In one I couldn't hear much other than LARP LARP INCOMING LARP, it was unintelligible :sly: .

View PostDr.Wizard, on 8 Nov 2010, 11:31, said:

Well, this is likely to be a big mistake, but I've just bought it :sly:
You probably could've bought worse things anyway :sly: .

View PostStinger, on 8 Nov 2010, 11:33, said:

It's the Last Chance Saloon. If it sucks it'll be the last Treyarch game that I'll ever buy.
Indeed. This must be their Last Stand |8 .

View PostDr.Wizard, on 8 Nov 2010, 11:41, said:

Well, this is likely to be a big mistake, but I've just bought it :/

A bit like Bad Company 2, eh? You don't seem like the type to make such regular impulse buys, yet you do :/

I don't do impluse and I don't think this will be the puppies gonads of a game either, but I am not gonna miss out on the opportunity to have some games with my mates and have a laff whilst doing so. MW2 is a sucky game for many reasons, but the hours I've spent playing with people from this forum have well been worth the £30 it cost me. I am hoping that I get a little bit of enjoyment from BO and tbh it's worth it just to hear Tom scream "LAAAAAAMMME" at thousands of people from around the world. You can't put a price on the funz that that is 8|
Indeed, the mates are at least half the reason I bought it, too. Besides, you forgot the allmighty mother jokes |8 .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#507 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 08 November 2010 - 13:52

View Postdeltaepsilon, on 8 Nov 2010, 3:29, said:

View PostChyros, on 8 Nov 2010, 18:10, said:

View Postdeltaepsilon, on 8 Nov 2010, 8:33, said:

Sam Worthington (with his often faltering American accent) and Ice Cube voice characters in this game :sly:
I think the CoD devs are under the erroneous impression that we want to hear rappers in our games :xD: .

When he's called off, he's got a sawed off, when he squeezes the trigger bodies are hauled off.

Spoiler

Straight Outta Compton?

More on Topic: I'm still trying to decide if this is worth it. I may just show up at my local gamestop on the midnight launch in full tactical gear and try to score a free copy, but I dunno if it's worth my $60...
kinda, sorta alive.

#508 Wanderer

Lurking around since 2005

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 13:53

aa who could forget the mother jokes. Half don't know how to answer to them and the other half just makes it worse by answering to them. :xD:

I might end up getting the game too if it seems good enough/enough friends have it/I have the money for it. We'll see after the launch how much you guys (Chyros) will complain about it

Edited by Wanderer, 08 November 2010 - 14:01.

#509 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 14:48

View PostJok3r, on 8 Nov 2010, 15:52, said:

More on Topic: I'm still trying to decide if this is worth it. I may just show up at my local gamestop on the midnight launch in full tactical gear and try to score a free copy, but I dunno if it's worth my $60...
Heh, but for you Americans it's the cheapest of anyone :xD: .

View PostWanderer, on 8 Nov 2010, 15:53, said:

I might end up getting the game too if it seems good enough/enough friends have it/I have the money for it. We'll see after the launch how much you guys (Chyros) will complain about it
Well, I'd just say "don't expect anything new". Except the dedis of course.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#510 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 14:53

View PostChyros, on 8 Nov 2010, 14:48, said:

For the most part that should fix a lot of the issues that we have when we play. How many times have we bailed from a game with hackers or suspected hackers? How many games have we bitched at the lame IWNet auto-fucktard-host to bail and let the rest of us get on with a game. How many times the other night did we have troubles connecting to a party lobby? All of those issues I hope will not be a problem now. There might be other issues that arise, facist admins, more aimbotters, but lag and not getting rid of cheaters won't be as much as an issue now.

*hopes*

#511 Wanderer

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 15:05

Yeah with MW2 it seems more problems come from IWnet than actual gameplay.

#512 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 15:19

Once they nerfed the 1887's and removed the CP+ knife glitch there wasn't/isn't a great deal to complain about gameplay wise. Nothing that stopped us from playing it anyway (despite the tubes+DC combo that we all hate). Just a lot of lamers and cheaters.

#513 Wanderer

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 15:26

But those can be countered with some teamplay and laming them back :xD:

#514 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 08 November 2010 - 15:36

View PostWanderer, on 8 Nov 2010, 15:26, said:

But those can be countered with some teamplay and laming them back :xD:

Laming to counter laming makes for a boring-ass, broken game

Posted Image

Posted Image

#515 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 15:44

All games are broken, some games are just more broken than others.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#516 Wanderer

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 15:53

Nobody has yet to make a perfect game. There is always faults and people will take advantage of those faults. If you are faced against ppl who constantly lame/cheat, there's not much you can do against that. Winning over those players doesn't make it boring. It's part of the fun :xD:

#517 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 16:00

I don't play multiplayer alot, mostly only when it's more about going wild (Red Dead Redemption Free Roam for instance) than competition.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#518 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 16:30

View PostDr.Wizard, on 8 Nov 2010, 16:53, said:

View PostChyros, on 8 Nov 2010, 14:48, said:

For the most part that should fix a lot of the issues that we have when we play. How many times have we bailed from a game with hackers or suspected hackers? How many games have we bitched at the lame IWNet auto-fucktard-host to bail and let the rest of us get on with a game. How many times the other night did we have troubles connecting to a party lobby? All of those issues I hope will not be a problem now. There might be other issues that arise, facist admins, more aimbotters, but lag and not getting rid of cheaters won't be as much as an issue now.

*hopes*
Oh, that won't be much of a problem I imagine. One of the advantages we can expect from BO I'd say.

View PostWizard, on 8 Nov 2010, 17:19, said:

Once they nerfed the 1887's and removed the CP+ knife glitch there wasn't/isn't a great deal to complain about gameplay wise. Nothing that stopped us from playing it anyway (despite the tubes+DC combo that we all hate). Just a lot of lamers and cheaters.
And the complete lack of weapon balance is a "meh, never mind" to you? :xD:

(not that BO will be more balanced, probably :sly: )
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#519 Jok3r

veritas vos liberabit

• Project Team
  • 1909 posts
  • Projects: Hangar 13 Projects

Posted 08 November 2010 - 16:37

View PostTehKiller, on 7 Nov 2010, 15:34, said:

View PostJok3r, on 7 Nov 2010, 2:45, said:

View PostTehKiller, on 6 Nov 2010, 19:46, said:

My brain just farted reading that. M16 has recoil. Currently there is no firearm that has no recoil or retardedly low recoil and the M16A2 (the one I assume they are trying to represent considering it didnt exist back in 'Nam) can be fire like that only if its in an emplacement (IE...you sure as hell cant fire like that just by holding it with your hands)

Actually, longer barreled Armalites tend to have pretty minimal recoil. When it comes down to it, though the round is obviously somewhat hotter and larger, 5.56 is a more or less a beefed up .22LR. Yes, the gun kicks, and yes, it's slightly exagerated how little it had here, but as far as modern assault rifles go, the AR15 and it's variants have pretty manageable recoil.

Actually we are discussing the M16 here not the AR15. And there is a spread of the bullets (albeit at ranges up to 100m its not bigger than 5cm apart from each other)

Please don't try to sound like you know what you're talking about when you don't, mate. The AR15 and the M16 are essentially the same weapon. The difference is really only in that the M-Series armalites are selective fire rifles and AR15's are, typically, not (due to the fact that automatic weapons are pretty much illegal for civilian ownership). Both weapons use the same gas system, bolt, reciever, etcetera, the M16 and M4 simply have selective fire capabilities. That, and they are both pretty accurate rifles, with, when fired correctly, a rather small group (it's not uncommon to see people shooting sub-MOA groups beyond a hundred yards).

View PostTehKiller, on 7 Nov 2010, 15:34, said:

View Postamazin, on 7 Nov 2010, 20:03, said:

plus isnt one of the biggest reasons for the m16 having burst fire in real life the fact that it balances stopping power and recoil management? so if in game it was burst, it would be a terrible gun if it had recoil as strong as the other ARs

Just like Chyros simply put: "Nope."

The US Army just figured out that barely trained conscripts waste ammo like retards if they have a fully auto weapon. Even though they have passed the period of drafting they havent reverted to fully automatic weapons since it would be costly.

Er, not really. The studies seen in Vietnam pointed out that pretty much anyone can be prone to wasting ammo if you give them an FA weapon. That, and they saw that, contrary to what video games tell you, fully automatic fire isn't necessary to kill a target. The typical use of fully automatic weapons on the modern battlefield is for suppression, not killing targets. The average rifleman doesn't need that kind of capability, a dedicated Auto-Rifleman with a SAW or other support weapon can provide suppression, and infantrymen can carry less ammo, move faster, and kill more targets if that's not their primary responsibility.
kinda, sorta alive.

#520 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 16:42

View PostChyros, on 8 Nov 2010, 16:30, said:

View PostWizard, on 8 Nov 2010, 17:19, said:

And the complete lack of weapon balance is a "meh, never mind" to you? :xD:

(not that BO will be more balanced, probably :sly: )

I rarely find myself thinking during a game, "OMG that weapon is sooooooo OP", granted that the ACR is like a laser yadda yadda, but it's not unplayable. There are few players that are unbeatable, even if they are using weapons with zero recoil and out-sniping the snipers. I suffer more poor performances from bad hosts than I do imba weaponary.

Edit: this isn't a thread to compare epen sizes regarding knowledge of RL weaponry. Can we bare that in mind please!

Edited by Wizard, 08 November 2010 - 16:48.

#521 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 16:52

It retails for $98AU here (for PC, it's $118 for consoles :xD:), or ~$100 USD (since the AU is stronger than it at the moment :sly:), €72 or £62.

None of you can whine about it being overpriced.

Edited by Alias, 08 November 2010 - 16:54.

Posted Image

#522 Wanderer

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 16:59

For the consoles 69,99€ so not too far away ^^

Edited by Wanderer, 08 November 2010 - 16:59.

#523 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 08 November 2010 - 16:59

The UK Launch will be streamed from IGN

Posted Image

Posted Image

#524 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 17:02

View PostWanderer, on 9 Nov 2010, 3:59, said:

For the consoles 69,99€ so not too far away ^^
Console price here is $118AUD which is ~€85 (although honestly, who in their right mind would pay more to get it on console when the console version is an inferior game? :xD:).

Posted Image

#525 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 17:05

Steam says it will unlock in 14 hours so that means people in the UK have to wait for it to be time in the centre of the universe. :xD:

46 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 46 guests, 0 anonymous users