CoD: Black Ops announced

963 replies to this topic

#576 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 18:04

View PostDestiny, on 11 Nov 2010, 19:01, said:

Regardless of the game lagging horribly and freezing up everything is OP and I can't kill anyone :D

:P

Had the same problem with MW2, when I asked people if they had they same problem, they said something about me suffering from "Noobica Failus".

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#577 amazin

E-Studios resident XBOX360 (not computer) player

• 1483 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 19:13

i dont know why all you guys are complaining about SP? im playing it through on hardened with not very much trouble, and i think the missions and story are pretty sweet. (The level on the rooftoops of kowloon is my current favorite, but im only about halfway through the game)

#578 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 19:19

Well, according to a scandinavian videogame magazine I read (and usually agree with), the campaign was one of the best parts of the game (they gave it 9/10, if you wonder).

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#579 Stalker

All Purpose ZH Modder

• Project Team
  • 568 posts
  • Projects: secret stuff.

Posted 11 November 2010 - 19:39

I finally unlocked the L96, but I couldn't get a lot of kills yet.

btw: The anti-quickscope-sniperscope-moves-randomly-around-delay only works for the default scope. With the multiple zoom scope you can quickscope just fine. That's really riddicolous.

In other news: Finding a Gunship in a Care Package is really awesome :D
Posted Image

#580 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 21:45

A patch has just come out for the PC version. People on the Steam forums are claiming this has fixed the lag and stuttering with the game.

Edit: If the installation freezes when you attempt to run the game, try verifying the integrity of your game cache.

Edited by Stinger, 11 November 2010 - 21:54.

#581 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 22:25

Behold the glory that is my Black Ops on a system that meets the system requirements :P :

Posted Image

No, that's not a shurk image - that's the 800x600 resolution I play it at stretched to widescreen :P . I'll try that patch now, I think :D .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#582 Wanderer

Lurking around since 2005

• Member Test
  • 622 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 22:32

O.o that's butt ugly

Edited by Wanderer, 11 November 2010 - 22:37.

#583 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 11 November 2010 - 22:50

Hah, you'd better be playing CS 1.6 if you want such a graphic quality :P
In fact even CS 1.6 is prettier than this :D

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#584 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 23:16

This is what it should look like
Posted Image
And that isn't even full size. Chyros, get a new computer mate :D

#585 deltaepsilon

Delta Operator

• Member Test
  • 859 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 00:05

He shouldn't need to just because Treyarch fail at PC optimisation.
----------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------

The name's Bond.

Covalent Bond.

#586 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 00:53

View PostWizard, on 12 Nov 2010, 1:16, said:

This is what it should look like
Posted Image
And that isn't even full size. Chyros, get a new computer mate :D
Yes, let's spend a thousand euros on something I don't or shouldn't need >.> .

Anyway, the patch improved it and make it playable offline. Online it's around 20 FPS now, which means I still don't have a chance. It's made a lot worse by how Treyarch gives everything that's useful and overpowered to people who've played for a while, so if you start playing new you don't really stand a chance of making a kill ever. They better put in something more worthwhile.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#587 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:40

Black Ops version of this kill

Madness!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#588 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:55

It's even crazier han the original one! :D :P

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#589 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:37

I think I've found my home in MP: Hardcore
Posted Image

#590 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:39

LolWUT?! :D
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#591 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:35

You have to love the craxy-ness of the engine when you can throw a tomahawk 200m and have it ricochet off of a wall, the floor and kill someone by hitting their shin. Absolutely no amount of randomness in that at all :D

#592 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:19

BTW, was that a toycar with a bomb strapped to it? Looks awesome.

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#593 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:39

It was announced back in August.

View PostCamille, on 9 Aug 2010, 17:33, said:

multiplayer teaser :D looks sweet too tbh. some reload anims seem better and alCOMMANDO IS STILL THERE. FACK

here 'tis

Keep up

#594 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:46

How the hell do I drive it? Pressing A or D doesn't steer it at all...
Posted Image

#595 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:02

Same as the Valkyrie. You use the mouse to steer it and W & S to accelerate/brake. Not sure what button boost is as I hate this KS and never use it.

#596 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 14:12

IIRC boost is...well, speed boost. Means the missile accelerates and ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

Yeah, that.

Other wise:

The campaign of Black Ops is just holy shit goddamn epic...
Posted Image

#597 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 14:17

View PostDestiny, on 12 Nov 2010, 14:12, said:

IIRC boost is...well, speed boost. Means the missile accelerates and ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

View PostWizard, on 12 Nov 2010, 11:02, said:

Same as the Valkyrie. You use the mouse to steer it and W & S to accelerate/brake. Not sure what BUTTON boost is as I hate this KS and never use it.

lolWUT?

#598 Kaido

The one who screams.

• Member Test
  • 898 posts
  • Projects: Nothin'

Posted 12 November 2010 - 14:55

Ain't it 4 like it is in SP?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#599 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 15:05

Boost is activated by 4 in the multiplayer, also.

View PostDestiny, on 12 Nov 2010, 14:12, said:

The campaign of Black Ops is just holy shit goddamn epic...

I thought it had its moments. The animations, graphics and level design were weak in several areas - most notably the escape from the gulag
Spoiler
and the part when you fight the
Spoiler
. The movement animations in these missions remind me of Call of Duty 2's. It looks clumsy.

During the Hind mission, before Woods climbs into the cockpit, I saw him deliver dialogue... only there was no sound. Infinity Ward have never failed at things like this.

The multiplayer in this game is where it's at, though.

Edited by Stinger, 12 November 2010 - 15:05.

#600 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 12 November 2010 - 15:43

Maybe this link can help those of you who're getting lag : http://geekmontage.com/texts/game-fixes-ca...-pc-game-fixes/
Oh and also, I remember reading a comment where it was stated that you could chaneg a line in the "config_mp.cfg" file to tell the game to use multiple cores, which isn't enabled by default...

Edited by CJ, 12 November 2010 - 15:44.

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

36 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 36 guests, 0 anonymous users