Help/I just got fuc**d

8 replies to this topic

#1 Genrail

Semi-Pro

• Project Team
  • 234 posts
  • Projects: Private Map Contractor

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:26

While resently browsing the web I some how contracted the virus "antivirus soft" as I have had this befoure I fallowed the same steps as I did befoure and removed it and all traces of it,.... BUT it changed a bunch of my settings and stuff for IE .... By mainly only showing the page "ie cannot display this webpage, it apperes your are connected to the Internet but it can't display this page" the win help place is tarted and won't help me and every where I go every one is worthless...... So I am asking you oh great posters of fallout... Can you help me? ( ps firefox also doesn't work) so it's my comp not just the Internet). :-/. ~from my iPod~
This place still exists?

#2 n5p29

Lurker

• Project Leader
  • 1417 posts
  • Projects: NProject Mod, Recolonize, Tidal Wars

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:36

you have checked your internet connection?

#3 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:36

Get Avast and do a boot-up scan? Stop using IE?

Edited by Hobbesy, 27 May 2010 - 05:41.

#4 Rai

Forum Volcanologist at your service!

• Member Test
  • 859 posts
  • Projects: Volcano researcher and geological services.

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:37

Try unclicking Automatically detect settings in Tools-Internet Options-Connections-LAN Settings?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Magma

Regular

• 174 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:03

Im not good at fixing comp problems, but try what people have been told you before me and if it's happened only awhile ago try Restore Computer, and also Ad-Aware and SpyBot - Search & Destroy (<--- nowadays these somehow conflict with each other, so use one at a time).

And this is a stubid question; you have a AntiVirus program?
Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it... It really is worth fighting for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more.

________________________________________________________________________________
Everyone needs believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.
________________________________________________________________________________
My greatest weapon is my knowledge.... And laser beam eyes.

#6 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:22

I'm no computer expert, so the only advice I can give you is too...whats the word...Reboot? you know, delete everything, start over. but I suggest you listen to some of the others. They're probably better at this stuff.

And to answer your question (everybody asks stupid questions once in a while.) Yes, I have an antivirus program.

Edited by SquigPie, 27 May 2010 - 07:23.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#7 Dauth

<Custom title available>

• Gold Member
  • 11193 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:29

Run hijackthis, send me the log, its probably infected your boot somewhere.

#8 Genrail

Semi-Pro

• Project Team
  • 234 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 15:07

OK everything is working now (some registry stuff was needed to be edited), BUT my comp is stuck in windows classic and i cant change it back.... :P its even worse than not being able to use the Internet..... :)
This place still exists?

#9 Genrail

Semi-Pro

• Project Team
  • 234 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 15:21

Never mind i just had to replace my themes ..... thanks for the help guys!!
This place still exists?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users