The man's doing it again!

39 replies to this topic

#1 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:29

As you are probably aware of i hate the man and so im spitting chips when i watched the news last night and found out they are trying to outlaw radar detectors and jammers like Laser Pro Park because it scrambles their new and really expensive laser based portable speed cameras.

Im not a big fan for speeding but i don't like them multanovas because they are inaccurate because the operators don't know how to use them and they are normally set up in area's where there are a lot of interference's. As for the hand held laser guns slight movements with them and you and fluctuated readings plus WA cops are dodgy with them and they pre-set you. By taking a recording of a speeding vehicle and don't reset them and pull you over and fine you!

Thats why im upset that the mans trying to out law such devices because i love messing with the pigs toys and cheekily smiling and waving at a cop with a hand held as i drive past because he can't get a speed reading 8|

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/mp/73...-speed-cameras/
Thats the news article.

http://www.delonixra.../speed-cameras/
That is a must read its a real eye opener to how dodgy the radars and lasers can be and how the piggies don't care!

Edited by Major Fuckup, 28 May 2010 - 08:05.

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#2 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:10

well that seems pretty... obvious?

tools against speeding are good right? less dead people? right?
it's time to wake up

#3 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:50

Well not exactly the cameras are just revenue raisers and the money made from them doesn't even go into fixing black sports.
The speed camera program is designed to reduce fatalities (by changing the habits of drivers, making them slow down) why does each budget forecast an increase in the amount of fines revenue collected each year? Surely the end goal of a speed camera program would be to have zero fines right? That would denote a successful program. But it's the opposite. They forecast higher and higher revenue. This alone shows that the speed camera program is failing at what it's apparently supposed to do.
The money made from speed cameras are only going into more cameras not putting more police out so they can take unroad worthy cars off the roads and stopping hoon behaviour.

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#4 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 08:57

Just thought I'd butt in and say that hoon is easily the best word in the Australian vernacular.

Speed cameras aren't really a problem around here, everyone knows where they are and cops prefer to go for the bigger hitters in RBTs.

Posted Image

#5 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 09:16

View PostAlias, on 28 May 2010, 16:57, said:

Just thought I'd butt in and say that hoon is easily the best word in the Australian vernacular.

Speed cameras aren't really a problem around here, everyone knows where they are and cops prefer to go for the bigger hitters in RBTs.

Have to put a comment in for that in WA they set up the RBT's in all the wrong spots its pathetic.
But back on the the cameras the main point about them are that they ain't reliable in an urban area to many thing interfere with it. The new laser ones won't be that much better either.

#6 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:03

Major, if you can get in contact with the GLA or a black market to get a military-grade radar jammer or laser-countermeasure... 8|
Posted Image

#7 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:05

That would be nice but it needs to be a legal device!

#8 Rai

Forum Volcanologist at your service!

• Member Test
  • 859 posts
  • Projects: Volcano researcher and geological services.

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:06

Is it highly effective to help police capture possible delinquent drivers, especially if they are escaping the law?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:11

No it just gives an estimate of how fast your car is going its basically like an aircraft radar.
Posted Image
Thats the old model one that uses the Doppler radar concept and they cost 200,000 each apparently.

#10 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:20

Major, why don't you paint your monster with radar-absorbent paint? 8| Man, they're really hard on drivers =/
Posted Image

#11 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:27

View PostDestiny, on 28 May 2010, 18:20, said:

Major, why don't you paint your monster with radar-absorbent paint? 8| Man, they're really hard on drivers =/

You don't say! the government just rapes your wallet for being in the driving community. Id think radar-absorbent paint would be just a little out of my price range 8|

#12 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:33

I really begin to wonder why you haven't burned down all governmental institutions by now...

Cops = law enforcement. Using devices to keep cops from doing their job = avoiding the law. This = stupid for a state to tolerate.
Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#13 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:42

View PostGolan, on 28 May 2010, 18:33, said:

I really begin to wonder why you haven't burned down all governmental institutions by now...

Cops = law enforcement. Using devices to keep cops from doing their job = avoiding the law. This = stupid for a state to tolerate.

Well as long as it is still legal to use the devices to keep doughnuts out of the cops budget i will continue to do so!

#14 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 13:29

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 28 May 2010, 12:11, said:

No it just gives an estimate of how fast your car is going its basically like an aircraft radar.
Posted Image
Thats the old model one that uses the Doppler radar concept and they cost 200,000 each apparently.
And if you go too fast the missile sticking out of the front is fired at your vehicle to destroy you? 8|

That seriously looks like a rocket launcher 8| .

Anyway, did I understand correctly that you are angry because you are no longer allowed to prevent the police for detecting that you are breaking the law? If so, do you understand how this might be somewhat difficult to maintain in a good society? 8|
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 Dr. Strangelove

Grand Poobah and Lord High Everything Else

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts
  • Projects: Where parallels meet.

Posted 28 May 2010 - 15:05

This is why I'm a Libertarian. Mount a magnetron on your car and be civilly disobedient!
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#16 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 15:09

View PostDr. Strangelove, on 28 May 2010, 17:05, said:

This is why I'm a Libertarian. Mount a magnetron on your car and be civilly disobedient!
It's times like this that so make me wonder what agenda a party erected by you would have 8| .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 Dr. Strangelove

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 15:38

View PostChyros, on 28 May 2010, 16:09, said:

View PostDr. Strangelove, on 28 May 2010, 17:05, said:

It's times like this that so make me wonder what agenda a party erected by you would have 8| .

Legalize private ownership of nuclear weapons! Why should I have to work? Let the robots do it instead!
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

#18 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 16:36

View PostDr. Strangelove, on 28 May 2010, 16:38, said:

Why should I have to work? Let the robots do it instead!

this = (hypothetical) eternal world peace.
it's time to wake up

#19 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 16:40

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 28 May 2010, 10:42, said:

View PostGolan, on 28 May 2010, 18:33, said:

Well as long as it is still legal to use the devices to keep doughnuts out of the cops budget i will continue to do so!

God forbid they'd make it illegal to brake the law! Imagine the consequences!
Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#20 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 16:46

I can only imagine what kind of anarcho-syndicalist commune it is that Fuckup is from 8| .
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#21 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 17:24

This thread had me rolling in laughter after the sixth or so post. You guys really should start a stand-up gig. 8|

Edited by Hobbesy, 28 May 2010 - 17:25.

#22 Nid

Human Being number 80446219302

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 18:14

View PostHobbesy, on 28 May 2010, 18:24, said:

This thread had me rolling in laughter after the sixth or so post. You guys really should start a stand-up gig. 8|

I haven't even been following, it's just confuses me. I've stopped caring about fuckups threads to a point that I've stopped trying to be intelligent wheneever I enter one.
Posted Image

#23 RaiDK

I have an Energon Axe. Your argument is invalid.

• Gold Member
  • 4107 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 20:48

I stick it to the man by not speeding. That's how hardcore I am.

ROW ROW, FIGHT THE POWAH.

View PostMasonicon, on 17 Oct 2009, 13:44, said:

According to Conspiracy theories in internet, sci-fi and fantasy are real!

#24 Hobbesy

Discount White Person

• Gold Member
  • 3752 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 21:08

View PostRaiDK, on 28 May 2010, 15:48, said:

I stick it to the man by not speeding. That's how hardcore I am.

ROW ROW, FIGHT THE POWAH.

You forgot the part where other drivers crash into you. |8

#25 Dr. Strangelove

• Member Test
  • 2197 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 22:35

View PostCamille, on 28 May 2010, 17:36, said:

View PostDr. Strangelove, on 28 May 2010, 16:38, said:

Why should I have to work? Let the robots do it instead!

this = (hypothetical) eternal world peace.

Nope. We will find one dumb reason or another to beat each other up.
Posted Image
Posted Image19681107

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users