Deus Ex: Human Evolution

135 replies to this topic

#126 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 16:54

Pretty much my only gripe is that loading takes forever, it's pretty painful when you're playing on hard as you die so often as well. ;_;

The autosave system is done quite well though, so I'll give them that.

Posted Image

#127 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:43

Yeah I read about the load problem on Kotaku. How is the game apart from that? I heard that the graphics are a bit outdated? Maybe its for the consoles? Any comment?

#128 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:32

To be honest I think it looks fine. It doesn't have anything ground-breaking in the graphics department but it doesn't need to, I don't see this obsession with always trying to one-up someone else's graphics: the gameplay is the thing that matters and this has pretty solid gameplay and a really good story.

If you don't like story driven games and want to shoot everything in the room up in 3 seconds then you probably won't like it. It's very much a thinking man's shooter, sort of like Bioshock in the regard. You need to be tactical rather than just be good at aiming.

Posted Image

#129 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 26 August 2011 - 23:01

The new patch adresses the loading times, people are reporting loads up to 3x faster.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#130 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 26 August 2011 - 23:50

Is the game as good and as fun as I've seen?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#131 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 27 August 2011 - 00:02

Its punishing, reaaallly punishing :D I played it on hard right off the bat and Ive been battling against it, reminds me of ME2's insanity mode.

If you go all guns blazing you are fucked, essentially. Its a hell of a lot of fun so far and there is loads to explore, with many routes. Whether or not this will hold up for the remainder of the campaign Ill have to see.

Only problem with it is that the animations when you're talking to people are so stiff and strange.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#132 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:41

View PostIon Cannon!, on 26 August 2011 - 23:01, said:

The new patch adresses the loading times, people are reporting loads up to 3x faster.
Yeah, I noticed that when I started playing again last night.
Kudos to Eidos for speedy response.

Considering I die about 10-20 times a mission it's a welcome fix.

Alright, so I finally finished it.

I would advise against reading the spoiler until after you've finished the game, I don't want to ruin anything for you. Just a warning.
Spoiler

Spoiler free tl;dr: pretty decent the whole way though, it has its flaws but is definitely worth a play.
8.5/10.

Edited by Alias, 27 August 2011 - 07:54.

Posted Image

#133 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 17:38

Finally been able to play this game as I was away last week, spent 7-8hrs playing it so far and absolutely love it. I don't think I'm yet very far (Which is good) taking my time and exploring everything, reading everything and talking to everyone. Stealth was never my strong point but thats how I have decided to play for my first playthrough, there was one section with about 7 guards that I eventually got pissed off at and shot them all, but apart from that I'm a pacifist so far.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#134 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 00:17

It is great fun, completed it twice but screwed up my pacifist run by killing everyone in the prologue.

I cant remember the last time I thought to myself in a game "Doing it this way is not working out, there must be another way" and then actually finding a completely different route without having to fire a shot.

Its a shame that the facial animations are so awful it ruins in the experience when talking to characters. What the hell happened there.
Also the energy not recharging past one bar is infuriating,

Posted Image

Posted Image

#135 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:13

Yeah the facial animations are very jerky, but its something I can overlook when the rest of the game is so good. I guess if more than 1 bar of energy regenerated you could pull off so many takedowns it might become easy. However thats really all I have used my energy for so far, the typhoon aug is awesome, but it doesn't really have a good use. I think it was more like "Hey guys, wouldn't this be cool"
Posted Image

Posted Image

#136 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 16:39

The DLC is... strange, theyve taken a part of the story that theyve just handwaved away and now have DLC about the 3 days Jenson was away. (If you havent played it all the way through this must sound rather baffling >:() The trailer and the screens look good however.

Posted Image

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users