The World Cup

411 replies to this topic

#401 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 22:05

View PostMbob61, on 11 Jul 2010, 22:53, said:

Not the best way for them to crown off their tournament.

That tends to be always the case for the loosing side.

#402 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 22:08

Van Marwijk should never have kept with Van Persie (why is that guy even alive?) and changing off Kuyt was the biggest mistake he ever made. What was he even thinking, and why this sordid fascination for the utterly useless Van Persie?

After 20 minutes of game, it was obvious how the game was going to end: Spain wins after an inevitable red for the Netherlands. Though the red in question was bullshit, they would have deserved at least one other red, and so it didn't matter anyway.

The Dutch did well until the point where Kuyt was switched. From there on, it only went downhill, and despite a few brilliant chances, none of it was enough to win it and they knew it. The Dutch had organisation and morale issues, while the Spaniards kept their cool, didn't make fouls they didn't have to, and in the end, they righteously won. Congratulations to Spain for a match well played. Guess I have to kill that tentacled horror after all :P .

It'll be another 20 years before we muster a team that can replace our older players. I guess, when I'm 42, we'll have another chance then. Right now, I dare say, the better team won 8| .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#403 Mbob61

I may or may not be iron man!

• Project Team
  • 3068 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict

Posted 11 July 2010 - 22:11

View PostChyros, on 11 Jul 2010, 23:08, said:

After 20 minutes of game, it was obvious how the game was going to end: Spain wins after an inevitable red for the Netherlands. Though the red in question was bullshit, they would have deserved at least one other red, and so it didn't matter anyway.

He pulled a guy back when he was on a yellow. Webb had no choice.

Mike

Edited by Mbob61, 11 July 2010 - 22:12.

Thanks to Pav3d for the awesome sigs
Posted Image
Posted Image

#404 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 22:22

View PostMbob61, on 12 Jul 2010, 0:11, said:

View PostChyros, on 11 Jul 2010, 23:08, said:

He pulled a guy back when he was on a yellow. Webb had no choice.

Mike
From what I saw, he didn't even touch him. But like I said, a red was inevitable - if not for him, someone else. You could even argue we were lucky it wasn't a more important player.
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#405 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 22:31

That was a slightly questionable second yellow I agree, however it was just in connection with about 7 others that didn't get it.

#406 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 22:46

View PostWizard, on 12 Jul 2010, 0:31, said:

That was a slightly questionable second yellow I agree, however it was just in connection with about 7 others that didn't get it.
Exactly my point. If he didn't get it, someone else would and SHOULD have. Our conduct was quite disgraceful.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#407 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 22:48

View PostChyros, on 11 Jul 2010, 23:46, said:

Our conduct was quite disgraceful.

Oh I don't know. I've certainly seen worse and I didn't see one clear, malicious tackle. If you can't challenge for the ball in a World Cup final, when can you??

#408 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 23:23

View PostWizard, on 12 Jul 2010, 0:48, said:

View PostChyros, on 11 Jul 2010, 23:46, said:

Our conduct was quite disgraceful.

Oh I don't know. I've certainly seen worse and I didn't see one clear, malicious tackle. If you can't challenge for the ball in a World Cup final, when can you??
That kick in the ribs? I'd call that pretty disgraceful.
TN

—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#409 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 23:26

I call it a terrible tackle, but he didn't mean to kick him there, he just got it all kinds of wrong.

#410 Nid

Human Being number 80446219302

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 23:35

I saw great football and terrible sportsmanship from both sides TBH. They both deserved the title tbh, and at the same time, they both didn't.

I was hoping for a slightly more eventful final, but thus is the way with football.

Congratz to Spain, and I'm still calling BS on Paul the Octupus.
He will slip up one day, damn you Paul!
Posted Image

#411 Ghostrider

Duly Appointed Federal Marshal

• Project Team
  • 991 posts
  • Projects: The Pants Party, Irradiated Inc.

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:37

View PostWizard, on 11 Jul 2010, 19:26, said:

I call it a terrible tackle, but he didn't mean to kick him there, he just got it all kinds of wrong.

It was straight out of a Bruce Lee film! De Jong was not going for ball at all, it clearly should've been a red. That shit cannot be allowed in the World Cup.
Posted Image
AJ is responsible for this signature masterpiece... if you see him, tell him I say thanks.
Posted Image

#412 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:00

Bow before your new mollusk overlord.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users