So you think you can take on the world, eh?

84 replies to this topic

#76 Gen.Kenobi

Set sails!

• Project Leader
  • 1170 posts
  • Projects: New!

Posted 06 July 2010 - 17:14

@Zeke: I guess the whole point here is not about the SWR Leaving...is about something bigger.
"The entire ocean. The entire world. Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what Tidal Wars really is... is freedom."
Posted Image

kudos to Pasidon for this awesome avvy and siggy!

#77 Zhao

That pro guy.

• Project Team
  • 619 posts
  • Projects: Situation Zero

Posted 06 July 2010 - 17:54

View PostGen.Kenobi, on 5 Jul 2010, 23:23, said:

@AJ i applause your "project". If you need something from CNC Guild/Revora/GRANS or wish to talk feel free to mensage me.

@Huhnu and Aaron: For me modding is fun. It's not a hurry up project for professional carrer.
I mod what i want when i want.

:read: :sly: 8|

Modding is fun for everyone but i think it should be a tad professional to.

Overall if more people played with each other Mods wouldn't become "Boring" so quickly. i played by my self(couple years back i don't recall when) mods got boring within a day or two because watching AI mindlessly walking into my customized and new defenses was the biggest surge of awesome basically.

So when i got tired of seeing that i basically put the mod down uninstalled it and stopped playing the game all together , and that was with every mod , shockwave reborn destructive forces the lot. because i expected the mod developers to churn out a new defensive structure or tank every month to meet my satisfaction, and they didn't.

When i start playing with people instead of alone and all by my self games seemed to be alot funnier(though getting smashed for a bit wasn't fun i got over it since it was better then what i was doing and i overall improved) and i could stick to a mod alot longer (Shockwave going 2.5 years strong)
And though i don't play with the same people i did then all of the mods are far more enjoyable now,
Spoiler

Overall me thinks more people should get online and play :P.
*1 cent*

#78 Genrail

Semi-Pro

• Project Team
  • 234 posts
  • Projects: Private Map Contractor

Posted 06 July 2010 - 18:16

....give me a bit.... after reading 3 pages of text I need a break..... :P

Ok, Only being here for little over haf a year I can see that FS really hasn't changed much. ZH hasn’t changed much, ZH moding hasn’t changed much.

To hell with it, we all see the problem, WE are not doing any thing. The most active topic is LPTPW, other than that there are no other topics that even come remotely close to the frequency that people post there....

WE are the problem. WE play the mods. WE make the mods. WE deside who is. WE deside who isn't.

WE are the solution..... we only need to find it...

View PostGen.Kenobi, on 6 Jul 2010, 12:14, said:

@Zeke: I guess the whole point here is not about the SWR Leaving...is about something bigger.

Something so big, we cannot even begin to imagine the extent of the solution....
This place still exists?

#79 Mbob61

I may or may not be iron man!

• Project Team
  • 3068 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict

Posted 06 July 2010 - 20:42

IMO expansion is the key to moving forward ( I guess this has been said but however i have gotten somewhat lost in the four pages)
The community itself is doing pretty well but the actual mods here (and in most places i've seen as far as ZH is concerned) are not doing so well.
I think removing the current mods which are dead and inactive and trying to bring in new ones for all sorts of different games could help add to the activity of the site and add to the community as a whole. I know this is easier said than done but i think it could be done if the community as a whole pulls together. Most mods here are sadly not contributing much to the website other than filling a space in the mods section.

(A random idea) - would it be worth trying to get all active ZH mods under one roof here? That way we could all work together much more easily.

Mike
Thanks to Pav3d for the awesome sigs
Posted Image
Posted Image

#80 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:22

View PostMbob61, on 6 Jul 2010, 21:42, said:

(A random idea) - would it be worth trying to get all active ZH mods under one roof here? That way we could all work together much more easily.

A noble idea, but would be seen as self-serving and egoistic by nearly anyone not associated with FS. There needs to be more connection between the communities, but that could be done by collectively agreeing to link to hosted mods on different boards. Would we agree to give up our hostees if Revora came up with this idea?

#81 Mbob61

I may or may not be iron man!

• Project Team
  • 3068 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict

Posted 07 July 2010 - 13:29

@ Wizard - thats a good point. Networking between mods isn't very difficult. I've been doing it a lot with EC at the moment.
After thinking about it, my idea probably wouldn't work so well but yours may well.

Mike
Thanks to Pav3d for the awesome sigs
Posted Image
Posted Image

#82 Zeke

The X General

• Project Team
  • 3504 posts
  • Projects: Deep Impact (formerly EC)

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:13

View PostGen.Kenobi, on 7 Jul 2010, 1:14, said:

umm what?

did you read my "whole" post? |8

#83 ΓΛPTΘΓ

Ecchi Toaster

• Project Team
  • 923 posts
  • Projects: Spam

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:21

This may sounds like communism, but I'll just have to say it.

Everyone knows it is human nature to be competitive, however as doing so communities are broken apart and bond between different mods are destroy. Many mods nowadays wanted their very own forums and away from others, for example COH mod Blitzkrieg mod split away from the COH-HQ forums and on to their own. Popular Crysis mod, Mechwarriors: Living Legends have their own forums and not really active on Crymod forums. It really seems to me that different mods see each others as competitors and not as partners.

The sad truth is, not only modding is dying out but it is something far greater as a whole. Lets face it, PC gaming is dying out and without PC games, mods are impossible to survive. With all the over competitiveness and rivalry, it is slowing developments and discouraging modding as a whole. As many on pages before said but I will repeat again, talents should be shared across and stop pursing personal achievements but working as a whole community. This is the essence of not just modding, but PC gaming as a whole. We are not really like console players, mainly playing with real life friends and barely contact others, other than limited communication in-game. We need to speak out and help each other rather than trying to best one others.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome radio

19:44 - Chyros: I'm very harmless

#84 GuardianTempest

Regular

• 180 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:49

^So much win.

Why won't they understand? WHY!?

And trolls will think the first post is made by an idiot

Edited by GuardianTempest, 08 July 2010 - 09:49.

OC's and stuff
DeviantArt
*RWUAAARAAUGHRWAGH!!*
--------------------------
Posted Image
"I am an artist of daydreams. With just a little material, be it a picture, audio or a simple thought, it could fuel a derivative masterpiece."
And I also do Walfas Comics...when I feel like it.

#85 JJ

Half dead member

• Project Leader
  • 3294 posts
  • Projects: Real life things, personal RA3 mod

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:42

View PostΓΛPTΘΓ, on 8 Jul 2010, 13:21, said:

This may sounds like communism, but I'll just have to say it.

Everyone knows it is human nature to be competitive, however as doing so communities are broken apart and bond between different mods are destroy. Many mods nowadays wanted their very own forums and away from others, for example COH mod Blitzkrieg mod split away from the COH-HQ forums and on to their own. Popular Crysis mod, Mechwarriors: Living Legends have their own forums and not really active on Crymod forums. It really seems to me that different mods see each others as competitors and not as partners.

The sad truth is, not only modding is dying out but it is something far greater as a whole. Lets face it, PC gaming is dying out and without PC games, mods are impossible to survive. With all the over competitiveness and rivalry, it is slowing developments and discouraging modding as a whole. As many on pages before said but I will repeat again, talents should be shared across and stop pursing personal achievements but working as a whole community. This is the essence of not just modding, but PC gaming as a whole. We are not really like console players, mainly playing with real life friends and barely contact others, other than limited communication in-game. We need to speak out and help each other rather than trying to best one others.

Aye, agree with you there.

I do not understand why all these bickering, technically modding itself brings no gain, so fighting with each other is therefore even more pointless.

I do kinda know how it feels like that makes one see other mods as competition. I do that, but I try to not let it take over too much. People just can't seem to be nice to each other nowadays.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users