Veteran's Retreat

149 replies to this topic

#76 Aro

Visitor

• 40 posts
  • Projects: Twisted Insurrection, TS: UMP, Evolution

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:53

Administration corruption, lovely. Seriously, some of you administrators just act like children.
Aro - Leader of Twisted Insurrection and Evolution.

Tiberian Sun: UMP
Tiberian Sun: Modding Tools
Tiberian Sun: Mapping Tools

"Aro for Dictator!" - Droke
"Aro for President!" - CL4ymOr3
"You're Aro, you always win." - daTS
"He's referred to as The Aro because he really is that f*cking awesome!" - Fenring
"Only members of the A.R.O. Society are allowed to use :WAT and related terms (TAW:, :BIGV, etc.)." - Crimsonum
"To Aro, founder and leader of TI, the best public relations and mod manager, great friend, modder and mapper." - Lin Kuei Ominae

#77 Zeke

The X General

• Project Team
  • 3504 posts
  • Projects: Deep Impact (formerly EC)

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:55

*wants to say something*

*waits till things are calmer*

#78 Kris

<Custom title available>

• Project Team
  • 3825 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:59

-

Edited by Kris, 30 April 2016 - 21:33.

#79 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 13:00

View PostPav:3d, on 7 Jul 2010, 13:50, said:

edit: Stinger, please stop shit-stirring.

Please stop making accusations. :confused:

I was behind the scenes here long enough to know how things are run and done, and I was stating (in response to CJ) that this is standard operating procedure. Most forums are the same in that they nominate one individual to discuss the issue at hand on behalf of everyone on the moderating team.

Edited by Stinger, 07 July 2010 - 13:00.

#80 Overdose

Nice Guy Syndrome

• Gold Member
  • 4146 posts
  • Projects: SWR Projects

Posted 07 July 2010 - 13:01

Well at least you succeeded into bringing activity into the forums.

Both sides know I tried to be diplomatic and tried to make ammends but I don't think I can change anything anymore. This will likely be my last post on Fallout Studios. Note that I kept posting even after the split and people were insulting us to demonstrate my level of civility and maturity.

You people can still reach me on MSN and Steam however. For everyone else, goodbye.

Edited by Overdose, 07 July 2010 - 13:05.

Posted Image

#81 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 07 July 2010 - 13:03

View PostCodeCat, on 7 Jul 2010, 13:52, said:

View PostPav:3d, on 7 Jul 2010, 14:50, said:

Code couldnt this have been handled over MSN or something, rather than bringing it on the forums? This has done far more harm to the forums than good for you.

edit: Stinger, please stop shit-stirring.

Making a problem invisible doesn't make it go away. The people of this community have a right to know the truth.

The right to know the truth? Give it a rest, what is this some political scandle? No, its a forum with a dwindling amount of active members, and your little expose' a few a pages back has probably permanently damaged this forum now. So thanks for your selfishness.

edit@ Stinger: all I see you're doing is jumping on everything thats said in here, just to continue stirring things up.

Edited by Pav:3d, 07 July 2010 - 13:04.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#82 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 13:04

It was the remaining Admins' actions that led to this, not Codecats'.
Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#83 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 13:06

@goland: No-one wouldave cared if codecat had handled it differently

edit: Lol's@Overdoses dramatic exit

Edited by Pav:3d, 07 July 2010 - 13:07.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#84 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 13:07

Which pretty much sums up the problem other communities have with this place.
Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#85 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 13:09

View PostPav:3d, on 7 Jul 2010, 23:03, said:

The right to know the truth? Give it a rest, what is this some political scandle? No, its a forum with a dwindling amount of active members, and your little expose' a few a pages back has probably permanently damaged this forum now. So thanks for your selfishness.
His selfishness? Wow. If he didn't gain the right to post he wouldn't be able to show his side of the story, just like I wasn't able to show my side after I was banned. It leaves an unfinished picture and we would've all been victims to AJ's deception. Would you really prefer stability over knowing the truth?

Soylent green is people.

edit@ Stinger: all I see you're doing is jumping on everything thats said in here, just to continue stirring things up.
He's merely joining the conversation as somebody experience in this sort of topic. If you took notice you would've seen that he was active days before this happened.

Thought I'd put this out there, but you were one of my choices for people who would be more suitable than Nuker, now, not so much. You don't need to be a mindless drone to the system.

Posted Image

#86 Zeke

The X General

• Project Team
  • 3504 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 13:19

View PostPav:3d, on 7 Jul 2010, 21:03, said:

mmmm, Irony....

Edited by Zeke, 07 July 2010 - 13:21.

#87 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 13:22

View PostAlias, on 7 Jul 2010, 14:09, said:

His selfishness? Wow. If he didn't gain the right to post he wouldn't be able to show his side of the story, just like I wasn't able to show my side after I was banned. It leaves an unfinished picture and we would've all been victims to AJ's deception. Would you really prefer stability over knowing the truth?

Soylent green is people.

The right to post? Of course he has the right to post, Im questioning whether he used his right to post correctly.

And I would prefer stability over truth to be honest, and Im sure other people would to. Because this isnt RL, this is just a forum. Its a bloody website, I dont log on here to deal with stupid drama like this.

View PostAlias, on 7 Jul 2010, 14:09, said:

He's merely joining the conversation as somebody experience in this sort of topic. If you took notice you would've seen that he was active days before this happened.

Thought I'd put this out there, but you were one of my choices for people who would be more suitable than Nuker, now, not so much. You don't need to be a mindless drone to the system.

Yeah if I dont get all up in arms over something that doesnt matter Im a mindless drone to the system :confused:.

And with Stinger he's loving this, he posts twice a year and then all of a sudden he's over this like flies on shit. Ive seen people do this a hundred times before when something goes awry here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#88 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 13:23

Are you actually going to post in here, Dr? You're always checking.
You were one of the ones who swung the sword. While what Stinger says is true, it's worse for you to stay silent, at the moment you look like nothing more than AJ's puppet.

Not that I expect anything from you to begin with, I haven't since you were promoted to moderator.

View PostPav:3d, on 7 Jul 2010, 23:22, said:

The right to post? Of course he has the right to post, Im questioning whether he used his right to post correctly.

And I would prefer stability over truth to be honest, and Im sure other people would to. Because this isnt RL, this is just a forum. Its a bloody website, I dont log on here to deal with stupid drama like this.
Then why are you posting in here at all, hmm? If you didn't care you wouldn't bother bringing yourself into it.

View PostPav:3d, on 7 Jul 2010, 23:22, said:

Yeah if I dont get all up in arms over something that doesnt matter Im a mindless drone to the system :confused:.

And with Stinger he's loving this, he posts twice a year and then all of a sudden he's over this like flies on shit. Ive seen people do this a hundred times before when something goes awry here.
As I already said, Stinger was active here before this thread was started. Your argument is moot.

Edited by Alias, 07 July 2010 - 13:27.

Posted Image

#89 CodeCat

It's a trap!

• Gold Member
  • 6111 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 13:24

View PostPav:3d, on 7 Jul 2010, 15:22, said:

Its a bloody website, I dont log on here to deal with stupid drama like this.

Neither did I, yesterday. But here we are.
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

Go dtiomsaítear do chód gan earráidí, is go gcríochnaítear do chláir go réidh. -Old Irish proverb

#90 Mbob61

I may or may not be iron man!

• Project Team
  • 3068 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict

Posted 07 July 2010 - 13:25

Pav is the only one here talking some sense imo.
Both Stinger and Alias (as always in these situations) just seem to be posting in order to make things more difficult.

Mike
Thanks to Pav3d for the awesome sigs
Posted Image
Posted Image

#91 Zeke

The X General

• Project Team
  • 3504 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 13:27

tbh, ALL of you are just making things to difficult right now...

#92 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 13:30

View PostMbob61, on 7 Jul 2010, 23:25, said:

Both Stinger and Alias (as always in these situations) just seem to be posting in order to make things more difficult.
I speak my mind. I don't want to be silent about things that I think are important. Whether it makes things 'difficult' or not, tough.

If Codecat's demotion was dealt with in an appropriate manner there wouldn't be this whole kerfuffle.

Posted Image

#93 Aro

Visitor

• 40 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 13:31

I don't post very often (and now I remember why) so I assume my opinion is just going to be overlooked, but here goes anyway:

You shouldn't just demote somebody from something like an Administration position without a real reason or even consulting that person about whatever reason there is for doing so, it's both unprofessional and childish. What I find even more interesting is that some of the members here are basically saying that CodeCat shouldn't be voicing his opinion because it's "Selfish", no offense but what the fuck, seriously? He has all the right to post his side of the story and most of you should be thankful that he's shown you just how corrupt this forums Administration is. A lot of you need to grow up and face the facts, FalloutStudios is under diabolic control. Honestly, I'm surprised this thread hasn't even been deleted or at least hidden from the public eyes yet.

Of course he did, if something is wrong then the community has the right to know about it. This outburst is exactly what would of happened if your current Administrators told you rather than CodeCat.

Edited by Aro, 07 July 2010 - 13:33.

"He's referred to as The Aro because he really is that f*cking awesome!" - Fenring
"Only members of the A.R.O. Society are allowed to use :WAT and related terms (TAW:, :BIGV, etc.)." - Crimsonum
"To Aro, founder and leader of TI, the best public relations and mod manager, great friend, modder and mapper." - Lin Kuei Ominae

#94 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 07 July 2010 - 13:37

It would appear that our forum is finally living up to its name. The unfortunate bit is the rift appearing because of it.
Posted Image

#95 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 07 July 2010 - 13:38

View PostAro, on 7 Jul 2010, 14:31, said:

I don't post very often (and now I remember why) so I assume my opinion is just going to be overlooked, but here goes anyway:

You shouldn't just demote somebody from something like an Administration position without a real reason or even consulting that person about whatever reason there is for doing so, it's both unprofessional and childish. What I find even more interesting is that some of the members here are basically saying that CodeCat shouldn't be voicing his opinion because it's "Selfish", no offense but what the fuck, seriously? He has all the right to post his side of the story and most of you should be thankful that he's shown you just how corrupt this forums Administration is. A lot of you need to grow up and face the facts, FalloutStudios is under diabolic control. Honestly, I'm surprised this thread hasn't even been deleted or at least hidden from the public eyes yet.

Of course he did, if something is wrong then the community has the right to know about it. This outburst is exactly what would of happened if your current Administrators told you rather than CodeCat.

Diabolic control? Now your just being silly.

The admin team had their reasons for the nature of codecats dismissal, though I agree it was handled badly. However believing the entire admin is now corrupt is just silly.
I agree with the decision to demote codecat, but not neccessarily the means.

As stinger said, an admin response may be a little while in coming, but it will come. If it doesn't come, the reasons will come out eventually, probably sooner rather than later. I wish the admins would be a bit more communicative about this, but its more likely they will meet, have a discussion then post.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#96 Rich19

I challenge thee!

• 1478 posts
  • Projects: Duelling

Posted 07 July 2010 - 13:39

I was incredibly tempted to simply post "Internet - serious business" and leave it at that, but I should probably explain my opinion a little better than that. I completely agree with Pav, all this drama over what is essentially one person's right to delete the occasional bot and stop people posting shock images is ridiculous. This is an internet forum. People come here to chat about stuff. The number of people who have set themselves up in this thread as "ideological crusaders determined to preserve the sanctity of truth at all costs" is almost laughable. I can't be bothered with all of this, so I'll be back in about a week's time at which point I expect you all to have gained some perspective.

#97 Nem

Director

• Gold Member
  • 1417 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 14:01

View PostRich19, on 7 Jul 2010, 9:39, said:

I was incredibly tempted to simply post "Internet - serious business" and leave it at that, but I should probably explain my opinion a little better than that. I completely agree with Pav, all this drama over what is essentially one person's right to delete the occasional bot and stop people posting shock images is ridiculous. This is an internet forum. People come here to chat about stuff. The number of people who have set themselves up in this thread as "ideological crusaders determined to preserve the sanctity of truth at all costs" is almost laughable. I can't be bothered with all of this, so I'll be back in about a week's time at which point I expect you all to have gained some perspective.

It's not just a forum, it's a community, in which some have invested hundreds of hours. The fact that you are posting proves you have interest in it's well being, just like the ideological crusaders who have many more hours then you.

Can't blame 'em for caring about what has consumed so much of their time for so long.

#98 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 14:06

oh boy is this some delicious drama. i can perfectly picture people wetting their pants over this ridiculous travesty.

to me it seems simple; team apologizes, ranks are restored and the whole command tree is rearranged from the start.

no baiting, no cussing, no flaming or getting your rights. just methodical restoration and rethinking of what once was.
it's time to wake up

#99 Anubis

Lord of the Underworld

• Project Leader
  • 1259 posts
  • Projects: MGS projects.

Posted 07 July 2010 - 14:08

Unfortunently you are missing the point of this 'drama' . I didn't want to post but i couldn't help. The thing is it could happen to anyone. And thats the drama. If someone like codecat got scrwed so bad in such a short time, who could say something like this wouldn't happen to anyone else. What if one of us becomes 'a persona ingrata' in the eyes of the administrative team and is declared banned for some reason he has no ideea of. This is the real drama. the fact that shit like this happens, and anyone could be the next in line. I hate to say it, but atm it just seems this is a war between parties. The irony will come when old alliances are broken and new ones are formed. Then i wonder who's going to be the next one that will be left behind. I'm not taking parts here as i don't know much about anyone involved in this problem. But the act itself remains the same no matter who the actors are. And the act itself is full of shit.

Edited by Anubis, 07 July 2010 - 14:10.

#100 Aro

Visitor

• 40 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 14:16

Diabolic control? Now your just being silly.

Well now that I read back on what I wrote I agree that my choice of words was a bit over the top but my point still stands.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users