←  General Discussion and Introductions

Fallout Studios Forums

»

Epic climax

Alias's Photo Alias 13 Aug 2010

I go to bed at 4am and my body wakes me up at 7am. ;_;

what is this I don't even

n5p29's Photo n5p29 13 Aug 2010

lol, this thread now become "anything about wake up in the morning" thread. :duh:

umm... try to sleep earlier maybe?

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 13 Aug 2010

Go to bed at 1-2 am? :duh:

Kaido's Photo Kaido 13 Aug 2010

View PostAlias, on 13 Aug 2010, 13:18, said:

I go to bed at 4am and my body wakes me up at 7am. ;_;

what is this I don't even

Pretty much same for me :duh:

Chyros's Photo Chyros 13 Aug 2010

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 13 Aug 2010, 13:06, said:

View PostChyros, on 13 Aug 2010, 18:55, said:

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 13 Aug 2010, 12:41, said:

A mate of mine lives in Lubbock Texas and he said they are just as anal about attendance. :duh:
I think there's something to say for it, actually. If you grow up without being taught that being late is bad, you're going to be one of those guys that always comes late to everything pissing off everyone in the process.

But going to court is a bit extreme wouldn't you think?
For once or twice, yeah, but if it happens all the time, I cold imagine it becoming education evasion, and since this is the responsibility of the parent to enforce, court as well.

Ion Cannon!'s Photo Ion Cannon! 13 Aug 2010

View PostMajor Fuckup, on 13 Aug 2010, 12:06, said:

A mate of mine lives in Lubbock Texas and he said they are just as anal about attendance. :duh:
I think there's something to say for it, actually. If you grow up without being taught that being late is bad, you're going to be one of those guys that always comes late to everything pissing off everyone in the process.

Well it should at least teach him not to be late, it seems trivial at that age I know, but if your consistently late to work 10mins or so every day, you aren't going to last long, being punctual is important.

GuardianTempest's Photo GuardianTempest 13 Aug 2010

Adapt waking up to absurdly early levels, like mine.

Since elementary, wake up very early and continue, you might fall asleep but later it'll pay off.

Kris's Photo Kris 13 Aug 2010

Edited by Kris, 29 May 2017 - 05:47.

Libains's Photo Libains 13 Aug 2010

The Major has a point here - if you take parents to court over the sins of their children, the children won't learn anything and the parents are being held accountable, financially or otherwise, for what somebody else has done. I don't think it's the rigt way to go about it, actually.

Zhao's Photo Zhao 13 Aug 2010

View PostIon Cannon!, on 13 Aug 2010, 12:01, said:

Well it should at least teach him not to be late, it seems trivial at that age I know, but if your consistently late to work 10mins or so every day, you aren't going to last long, being punctual is important.

They do they give me 2 detentions each ( 45 mintues a pop after or before school) that need to be served if im late for those i get 5 detentions for each 1 detention im late for , so the process i think is very "learning"

I served numerous detentions :xD:

View PostAJ, on 13 Aug 2010, 15:42, said:

The Major has a point here - if you take parents to court over the sins of their children, the children won't learn anything and the parents are being held accountable, financially or otherwise, for what somebody else has done. I don't think it's the rigt way to go about it, actually.
I disagree. Parents are responsible for their children, so if the child consistently comes late, the parents should make it clear to the child that this is not acceptable. If they don't do this, I don't see how they CAN'T be held accountable for their children's faults.

View PostAaron, on 13 Aug 2010, 16:36, said:

They do they give me 2 detentions each ( 45 mintues a pop after or before school) that need to be served if im late for those i get 5 detentions for each 1 detention im late for , so the process i think is very "learning"

Your still being late, so its obviously not working and you haven't learned anything..

View PostIon Cannon!, on 13 Aug 2010, 15:39, said:

Your still being late, so its obviously not working and you haven't learned anything..

whats there to learn you fuck up you get introble , i don't like serving detentions so i don't try to be late for school.
Just like if your late for your job you get fired , what more else is there to learn?

View PostAaron, on 13 Aug 2010, 16:44, said:

whats there to learn you fuck up you get introble , i don't like serving detentions so i don't try to be late for school.
Just like if your late for your job you get fired , what more else is there to learn?

Your trying to not be late for school, but it sounds like you still were, 25 times at least.. Hence you need to try harder.

View PostIon Cannon!, on 13 Aug 2010, 17:56, said:

Your trying to not be late for school, but it sounds like you still were, 25 times at least.. Hence you need to try harder.

And your parents may need to be motivated to make you try harder.

View PostChyros, on 13 Aug 2010, 17:07, said:

But i do try as hard as i can , i don't WANT detentions , if a man try his best what else is there?

BeefJeRKy's Photo BeefJeRKy 13 Aug 2010

Push your limits!

View PostAaron, on 13 Aug 2010, 17:14, said:

But i do try as hard as i can , i don't WANT detentions , if a man try his best what else is there?

Your not trying your hardest, are you seriously trying to tell me its a physical impossibility for you to be on time all the time? Lots of other people manage just fine.

TehKiller's Photo TehKiller 13 Aug 2010

Booyah. The epic retardation of the West.

The way I see it is that the government wants every friggin cent they can get so thats why they instated retarded laws like this one. If they actually cared about the situation rather than the money they wouldnt have this but, instead the student could just be simply booted out of school (like in every other normal place on the planet).

Rich19's Photo Rich19 13 Aug 2010

It isn't a retarded law. If your kid grows up having missed out on an education because the parents couldn't really give a shit, you'll end up with another waster generation feeding off the benefit system because they haven't developed any sort of work ethic. Booting the kid out of every school they enrol in won't leave them with an education either. While the child is a dependent of the parent, the parent needs to take an active interest getting the kid to have some sort of education, and a fine/prison is a good motivator.

View PostAaron, on 13 Aug 2010, 18:14, said:

Aaron, sorry, but you're not trying your best or your hardest. When Alexander the Great forged one of the biggest empires in the history of the Earth, he was doing his best. When the Egyptians built the pyramids with stones too big to feasibly transport, they were trying their best. It may be difficult for you, and you may not be used to be on time, but you have to understand that it's not normal to be late all the time. If you leave 15 minutes before the time it takes to get there, and get up 45 minutes before that, there is no reason why you should ever be late if you have an alarm clock that works, which is NOT a hard thing to get hold of. Don't say that not being late is a hard thing, because it's not, and if you tricked yourself into believing that being on time is hard and therefore ducking out of your responsibilities as a 15-year-old is acceptable, I suggest you man up and face life and do your REAL best. Because if you don't, you're going to have a hell of a lot of problems when you're a man.

I'm sorry if all this sounds harsh; I don't intend to insult you, but you have to understand that from everything I read of you (and not just this topic) you don't seem to want to face your responsibilities, and that is very very BAD.

TehKiller's Photo TehKiller 13 Aug 2010

View PostRich19, on 13 Aug 2010, 17:51, said:

It isn't a retarded law. If your kid grows up having missed out on an education because the parents couldn't really give a shit, you'll end up with another waster generation feeding off the benefit system because they haven't developed any sort of work ethic. Booting the kid out of every school they enrol in won't leave them with an education either. While the child is a dependent of the parent, the parent needs to take an active interest getting the kid to have some sort of education, and a fine/prison is a good motivator.

I see it as this way: If the child wants to be a punk then let him be.

Jailing the parents wont do anything to prevent the child from still ditching classes. Actually if anything it could have the opposite effect as he cant be punished in the absence of the parents.

View PostChyros, on 13 Aug 2010, 18:56, said:

View PostAaron, on 13 Aug 2010, 18:14, said:

I served numerous detentions :/

Aaron, sorry, but you're not trying your best or your hardest. When Alexander the Great forged one of the biggest empires in the history of the Earth, he was doing his best. When the Egyptians built the pyramids with stones too big to feasibly transport, they were trying their best. It may be difficult for you, and you may not be used to be on time, but you have to understand that it's not normal to be late all the time. If you leave 15 minutes before the time it takes to get there, and get up 45 minutes before that, there is no reason why you should ever be late if you have an alarm clock that works, which is NOT a hard thing to get hold of. Don't say that not being late is a hard thing, because it's not, and if you tricked yourself into believing that being on time is hard and therefore ducking out of your responsibilities as a 15-year-old is acceptable, I suggest you man up and face life and do your REAL best. Because if you don't, you're going to have a hell of a lot of problems when you're a man.

I'm sorry if all this sounds harsh; I don't intend to insult you, but you have to understand that from everything I read of you (and not just this topic) you don't seem to want to face your responsibilities, and that is very very BAD.

? i do , that's why i generally wasn't late maybe once or twice during the during the 3rd and 4th semester , it was the 1st and 2nd i was late more often.

Progressively over the school year i was late less and less so i got detentions less and less so i don't see the problem eventually i won't be late at all but organization is primarily the issue, and that has even become less of a problem.

You have nothing to worry about :xD:

Rich19's Photo Rich19 13 Aug 2010

View PostTehKiller, on 13 Aug 2010, 18:59, said:

Jailing the parents wont do anything to prevent the child from still ditching classes. Actually if anything it could have the opposite effect as he cant be punished in the absence of the parents.

But the child wanting to be a "punk" costs the taxpayer a lot more than the measures against this. And the threat of jail for the parents is intended as an incentive for the parents to take more of an interest in getting their child to school rather than an incentive for the child his/herself (although I think the threat of going into social care mighe be an incentive for a child too).

Major Fuckup's Photo Major Fuckup 13 Aug 2010

View PostRich19, on 14 Aug 2010, 2:58, said:

View PostTehKiller, on 13 Aug 2010, 18:59, said:

But the child wanting to be a "punk" costs the taxpayer a lot more than the measures against this. And the threat of jail for the parents is intended as an incentive for the parents to take more of an interest in getting their child to school rather than an incentive for the child his/herself (although I think the threat of going into social care mighe be an incentive for a child too).

The book should be thrown at the kid more than the parents.