Battle Territory: Arctic Wind

6 replies to this topic

#1 Stinger

• Gold Member
  • 8156 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:20

Apparently this game uses the Unreal Engine 2.5, but in terms of looks it screams "CoD clone" to me - it even uses grenade explosion, gunfire and movement sounds from Infinity Ward's Call of Duty games (see the second video).

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=mklEs6iolfI

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=aCjhfScJPzY

I would probably play this if I had the chance to try a demo, but it doesn't look like something I'd buy since Modern Warfare 2 is still where it's at for me in the genre.

What does this bring new to the table? Nothing, and that is the problem.

Edit: Fixed the second link.

Edited by Stinger, 27 August 2010 - 12:47.

#2 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:42

Beyond adding some lost limbs following explosive death, you're right, it doesn't seem to add anything that new. Graphics didn't look different either. Only thing that I would say in it's favour, the reload animations are better than Treyarch have shown so far :)

Oh and the second link doesn't find a video!

#3 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:52

It's one of those Korean rip off games, i remember a Tf2 clone a while back and a Portal one which came out recently (although PvP Portal actually sounded pretty cool).

I think Nem posted this a while back, or if it wasn't this one, it was scarily similar.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#4 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 13:11

I think the special thing about this is it will run completely off microtransactions while the game itself will be free, as is pretty common in almost all Korean online games.

Posted Image

#5 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 17:39

It looks extremely much like CoD 4 and almost surely uses model and reload resources from it. The holographic sight and red dot sight are all but shamelessly pulled from it :) .

Still, it doesn't look bad (reloads too), and even though it probably doesn't bring anything new I'm willing to entertain any game based on hitscans and non-random shots |8 (if indeed this game conforms to those rules).
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 19:20

wow that was so shameless i can't feel anything but respect to these guys :)
it's time to wake up

#7 Shirou

Humble darkspawn

• 3328 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 20:03

I believe this gameplay trailer was posted here before. When it originally came out it even sprouted a small meme on the silly ''CHANGING MAG..'' take a shot ''CHANGING MA..'' kabooom...
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users