To my hamachi dudez.

5 replies to this topic

#1 Zhao

That pro guy.

• Project Team
  • 619 posts
  • Projects: Situation Zero

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:18

Long story put short i don't have a PC anymore (Bios failure / motherboard fail) and now
im stuck using a PC that struggles to run C&C ZH on Low.

So i have no control over my networks again and i would like someone to take over in the unestimated droptime i won't be able to use the thing.

preferably colonel C / Kris / blake / Huhnu.

just someone active and who will kick offline users etc etc.

Although the way i look at this the ZH online gaming community for mods will die without me around :/ /fear

to FS n SWR

#2 R3ven

Veteran

• Project Team
  • 468 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:53

View PostAaron, on 4 Sep 2010, 23:18, said:

Although the way i look at this the ZH online gaming community for mods will die without me around 8| /fear

I wouldn't quite say that.

Long story put short i don't have a PC anymore (Bios failure / motherboard fail) and now
im stuck using a PC that struggles to run C&C ZH on Low.

Spoiler
:/

#3 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 20:56

Yeah, /melodrama. Bit of a bitch of a question but:

Why do you need someone around to kick offline users if, without you, the online ZH community will die? That implies without you there will be no games thus no players thus nobody to kick.

Needless to say, I think it'll cope.
For there can be no death without life.

#4 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 05 September 2010 - 21:12

View PostAaron, on 5 Sep 2010, 4:18, said:

Although the way i look at this the ZH online gaming community for mods will die without me around 8| /fear

Oh save us hamachi god, for we are not worthy!

Even if you made the comment in jest, it still makes you look like a prick.

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 05 September 2010 - 21:13.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Zhao

That pro guy.

• Project Team
  • 619 posts
  • Projects: Situation Zero

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:30

Should i even bother justifying my post?

to make things short , the ZH online community won't die /duh.
based on experience , when im not there to manage my network activity dies down alot.
People join the network gets full they log off and forget to leave when they do.
So while it collged with people who come online just for the amusement of hitting the hamachi power button.
Or suffering from the hamachi 2.0 glitch were it displays you as online even though you did not turn on the client.
the other people who want to join to actually play a bit can't do that since the network is unmanaged and full.
at least For the people who play the ZH Mods online(not including contra/EC).
but for those who want the option to play more then just Contra or Just EC or Just shockwave,
chances shrink down becuase they cant get in.

8| not to the point were nobody plays at all of course.

#6 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:00

View PostAaron, on 6 Sep 2010, 2:30, said:

Should i even bother justifying my post?

to make things short , the ZH online community won't die /duh.
based on experience , when im not there to manage my network activity dies down alot.
People join the network gets full they log off and forget to leave when they do.
So while it collged with people who come online just for the amusement of hitting the hamachi power button.
Or suffering from the hamachi 2.0 glitch were it displays you as online even though you did not turn on the client.
the other people who want to join to actually play a bit can't do that since the network is unmanaged and full.
at least For the people who play the ZH Mods online(not including contra/EC).
but for those who want the option to play more then just Contra or Just EC or Just shockwave,
chances shrink down becuase they cant get in.

8| not to the point were nobody plays at all of course.

I didn't object to the meaninful bit of your post, you were quite justified in notifying someone, although I would have thought it made more sense to PM or IM the people you wanted to take it over.
The bit I objected to is the additional comment. Which as I stated, even if you made it in jest, it made you sound like a prick. So next time post the meaningful bit and leave out the smug comment, everybody wins.
Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users