Welcome to the wonderful world of Drumstep.

8 replies to this topic

#1 Nid

Human Being number 80446219302

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:53

Drumstep = Drum n' Bass + Dubstep.
If you don't like either of those, I suggest you turn away now, unless you're a little more open minded than that.
Until yesterday, I didn't think that much of this stuff existed, it was a relatively new subgenre to me, until I stumbled across a depth of youtube I'd not seen before.

<-- Reccomend

<--Reccomend

<--Reccomend

Edited by scope, 13 September 2010 - 14:54.
turned off autoplay

Posted Image

#2 Camille

girl eater

• Project Team
  • 2351 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 14:49

for some reason i really don't think those two fit together. it sounds a bit odd to me, contradictory if you will.

i'll admit it does something but really not much more than dubstep and certainly not more than DnB (yuk).
it's time to wake up

#3 Dtneter

Amateur

• Project Leader
  • 139 posts
  • Projects: 2142 Northern Excursion

Posted 13 September 2010 - 16:13

My god that last tune was amazing, it punched me from my chair and punched me in the face untill it was over.

Posted Image

Posted Image

BTW. Proxies ftw.
(User was canned for this roast)
(User quoted the host)
(User faps all over your toast)

#4 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 13 September 2010 - 16:18

View PostDtneter, on 13 Sep 2010, 19:13, said:

My god that last tune was amazing, it punched me from my chair and punched me in the face untill it was over.

Honestly it just sounded mostly like microphone feedback to me coupled to a drumbeat. Tbh I hate DnB and can't say I like dubstep too much, and this "middle genre" seems to just be worse imo :duh:
Posted Image

#5 Nid

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 18:01

Each to their own opinions, it's allowed to dislike it Scope, no need for the |8 , :duh:
But there are bound to be some people around here who like this kind of music, that is why I made the thread.
Posted Image

#6 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 18:30

*Stumbles into thread*

Oh hai.

This was played on Groove's show, on Saturday night and I can't get enough of it. (It starts off as D&B, but breaks into Drumstep)

Another of my favourites is a track from Muzzy, called The Celestial; Which is available as a free download, as part of an awesome album. (See Here - Shamless plug)

On the actual subject of Drumstep; I find it to be just as good as either of the parent genres, and serves as a great intermediate when switching between genres in a track or mix, and is great on its own too. :duh:

EDIT: I also can't stress enough, listen in 720p or higher when possible, the difference in sound quality is pretty big.

Edited by Bob, 13 September 2010 - 18:37.

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#7 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 13 September 2010 - 19:35

View PostNidmeister, on 13 Sep 2010, 21:01, said:

Each to their own opinions, it's allowed to dislike it Scope, no need for the |8 , :duh:
But there are bound to be some people around here who like this kind of music, that is why I made the thread.

haha of course. the worse was directed to me. so i meant that it didn't improve my opinion of it and that why i used the 8|

i myself also can't stand metal but i know many people do like it. same with how i like uplifting trance and tech house. it's not everybody's cup of tea.
Posted Image

#8 Major Fuckup

The riot act

• Member Test
  • 1681 posts
  • Projects: So like when is my warn level coming down?

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:32

Drumstep is all right but Dubstep is better in the car :duh:

I question the general assumption that i am inherently deficient in the area of grammar and sentence structure

#9 Nid

• Project Team
  • 2501 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 13:23

View PostBob, on 13 Sep 2010, 19:30, said:

EDIT: I also can't stress enough, listen in 720p or higher when possible, the difference in sound quality is pretty big.

This, the speed of the hats and cymbals are usually distorted and are almost blended together in lower quality sound. The difference when in 720p is amazing.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users