Space Marines (Game)

274 replies to this topic

#251 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:19

Well, considering our current internet connection is really, really bad. I might lag my way through the entire thing.

Also, I'm still level 1

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#252 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:27

Dauth is still relatively low level. I believe he has just unlocked the ASM class. Doesn't make either of you totally useless, but it does help if you can have 3 classes available.

Meat Shields FTW!! D:D

#253 Liten

Morally Moose

• 326 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 15:39

You should take me over any of the others, mainly because I am better and being able to tank anything thrown at me with my awesome Devastator :3
Posted Image

Kyle Carter said:

Harry Potter is the safety scissors of the Fantasy genre

#254 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 16:20

View PostLiten, on 23 November 2011 - 15:39, said:

You should take me over any of the others, mainly because I am better and being able to tank anything thrown at me with my awesome Devastator :3

Suuuure.

Fact, Liten does not mic. >:(

#255 Liten

Morally Moose

• 326 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 16:22

View PostWizard, on 23 November 2011 - 16:20, said:

Suuuure.

That's because you play at stupid times. It's quite hard to mic when it's half past eleven here and your entire family is sleeping |:
Posted Image

Kyle Carter said:

#256 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 16:42

View PostLiten, on 23 November 2011 - 16:22, said:

View PostWizard, on 23 November 2011 - 16:20, said:

Suuuure.

That's because you play at stupid times. It's quite hard to mic when it's half past eleven here and your entire family is sleeping |:
Soundproof everything. 8|

Posted Image

#257 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 23 November 2011 - 16:52

Or pick up shop and move to a different time zone.
Posted Image

#258 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:36

I'm not actually dead, I'm just well... anyway I may have some unexpected free time soon so I might pick this up.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#259 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:26

Certainly worth thinking about mate. AJ, Dauth and I had quite a few Exterminatus games last night, eventually. Good fun even though it wasn't particularly successful.

#260 Liten

Morally Moose

• 326 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:54

View PostWizard, on 24 November 2011 - 10:26, said:

Certainly worth thinking about mate. AJ, Dauth and I had quite a few Exterminatus games last night, eventually. Good fun even though it wasn't particularly successful.

I was actually waiting for an invite yesterday, but when I didn't get any and AJ was playing WoT I went to bed 8|
Posted Image

Kyle Carter said:

#261 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:17

View PostLiten, on 24 November 2011 - 11:54, said:

View PostWizard, on 24 November 2011 - 10:26, said:

I was actually waiting for an invite yesterday, but when I didn't get any and AJ was playing WoT I went to bed 8|

We didn't start till late. If we play tonight and at a reasonable hour we'll drop you a line. Or if you see one of us in game then say you're available.

#262 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 28 November 2011 - 20:24

Its a shame exterminatus doesn't scale with the number of players, still I am glad I bought this :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

#263 Liten

Morally Moose

• 326 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 20:44

Yeah, it's a shame. If Dauth hadn't left however we would have beaten the last wave >:(
Posted Image

Kyle Carter said:

#264 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 17:02

Anyone played the new DLC? The 3 new MP maps are WINRAR!! 8|

#265 Liten

Morally Moose

• 326 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 17:25

What I'd be more interested in is the Chaos Exterminatus. Is it good squishing the Imperial Guards? :V
Posted Image

Kyle Carter said:

#266 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 19:23

8 FUCKING GIGABYTES!? I WAS HALFWAY WITH THE LAST GIGANTIC PATCH! WHY DO YOU HATE ME SO FUCKING MUCH!? NOT ALL OF US HAVE SUPERINTERNET YOU BLOODY BASTARDS!

GRRRRRRRRRR!

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#267 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 23:19

View PostWizard, on 22 December 2011 - 17:02, said:

£6.50 for a few measly maps?! Taking a leaf out of Activision's book there...
For there can be no death without life.

#268 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 23:23

View PostAJ, on 22 December 2011 - 23:19, said:

Chaos Exterminatus??

#269 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 00:29

View PostWizard, on 22 December 2011 - 23:23, said:

Chaos Exterminatus??

Well yeah, that too... But unless they're new maps for Exterminatus then it's the same old stuff just re-hashed :(
For there can be no death without life.

#270 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:09

View PostAJ, on 23 December 2011 - 00:29, said:

View PostWizard, on 22 December 2011 - 23:23, said:

Chaos Exterminatus??

Well yeah, that too... But unless they're new maps for Exterminatus then it's the same old stuff just re-hashed :(

They are new maps....

@ Liten, yes it's fun to kill squishy guardsmen 8|

#271 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:13

Posted Image

AGOURA HILLS, Calif. Jan 18, 2012 – THQ Inc. today announced the second downloadable content pack for Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine is scheduled to release for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Playstation®3 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC on 24th January (US) / 25th January (EU).

The premium add-on pack called The Dreadnought, adds a new multiplayer mode called Dreadnought Assault where both teams battle to capture a central location on the map and the winners spawn a player controlled Dreadnought. The Dreadnought is armed with an Assault Cannon / Auto Cannon, a Meltagun and a Power Fist / Power Claw and must capture points across the map to score points for their team. Once the Dreadnought is destroyed a new spawn point will appear.

The Dreadnought DLC also includes three new multiplayer maps Desolation, Dome Mechanicus and Chem Refinery, as well as new achievements / trophies and has a suggested cost of 800 Microsoft Points / US$9.99.

In addition to the premium add-on content all players of Space Marine will receive a new multiplayer Capture and Control Mode for free. Playable on all the game’s multiplayer maps, this team based mode challenges players to capture and defend locations around the map to score points.

Jim Huntley, Vice President of Global Brand Management commented, “Fans of Space Marine have been asking for vehicles for a while so we are delighted to be bringing the iconic Dreadnought and Chaos Dreadnought to consoles for the first time in this DLC content.”

Alongside this add-on content THQ will be releasing two new player skins for sale on the Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network, Playstation® Network and STEAM. Players will be able to purchase unique Iron Hands and Death Guard skin packs for a suggested price of 240 Microsoft Points / US$2.99 each.

The Space Marine DLC content is scheduled to be available to purchase on Xbox 360, Playstation®3 and Windows PC on 25th January(US) / 25th January (EU).

8|

#272 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:27

$10 <87

wat

THQ needs to lose the DLC disease.

Edited by Alias, 19 January 2012 - 08:27.

Posted Image

#273 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:39

Really? Really? I mean really? You are moaning about $10/£6??! Given that Activision charge £40 for their yearly DLC release you are moaning about this??! D8

#274 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:41

View PostWizard, on 19 January 2012 - 08:39, said:

Really? Really? I mean really? You are moaning about $10/£6??! Given that Activision charge £40 for their yearly DLC release you are moaning about this??! D8
$10 for a single vehicle and 3 maps?

Does it really add an entire extra 20% of content? Considering it already costs $90 in Australia, I won't be surprised if the DLC ends up being $20 here.
Overpricing (and making you pay for content that should be free) is bad no matter who does it, Activision or THQ. I will rail against anyone who does it, no matter if I like their product or not.

I remember back in the day when companies would add 20% extra content in patches. For free. It's even happened recently with titles like the Witcher 2 - where the patches add a stack of content, on top of already being free.

It's not like THQ's 40k wing isn't profitable enough to do this - or at least price it appropriately for the amount of content in it. The last DLC I bought was for Shogun 2. It cost me $3 and it added an entire campaign.

Edited by Alias, 19 January 2012 - 09:43.

Posted Image

#275 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:15

It doesn't have to add up to 20% of the content. You can't break a game down into percentages when it comes to things like this. It is also about scale. SM has not and will not sell as well as Shogun 2. Costs/profit has to reflect this.... If Creative/Sega have economies of scale to distribute DLC at $3 then bully for them, SM does not have that market to draw on and charges have to reflect this.

Quite frankly, with all the dross out there that people pay much more money for, I seriously don't believe that $10/£6 is too much for another game mode, additional playable character and 3 more maps. I spend that much on lunch 5 times a week and I am going to get far more enjoyment and longevity from this then my soup and fruit that I will have today.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users