Looking for new Mic/Headphones for my computer

5 replies to this topic

#1 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 16:38

Basically my mic on my headphones is being held on by blu-tack at the moment so a replacement is rather necessary :P

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations, what I'm looking for is a durable set in the middle of the range. I'd like them to be under £60ish.
I tried looking myself but didn't have much luck. I think headphones are either really good or really bad, so i didn't want to rush in and take a chance.

Thanks for reading.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#2 ΓΛPTΘΓ

Ecchi Toaster

• Project Team
  • 923 posts
  • Projects: Spam

Posted 17 October 2010 - 17:02

It depends what you really wanted. A pair of AD700 on ebay is around £80, and I doubt that you will need to upgrade them any time soon. But if you want a headset, any would do pretty much. Haven't heard a outstanding pair myself. Trust me, AD700 sounds excellent for the price.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome radio

19:44 - Chyros: I'm very harmless

#3 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 18:33

I use these: http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/webcam-commu...es/devices/3621

They've never failed me yet, are quite affordable, and rather comfy as long as it's not for massively prolonged periods. Sound quality is decent, and voice quality - well, you've heard me on TF2/Skype more than enough :P
For there can be no death without life.

#4 Ghostrider

Duly Appointed Federal Marshal

• Project Team
  • 991 posts
  • Projects: The Pants Party, Irradiated Inc.

Posted 17 October 2010 - 18:49

View PostAJ, on 17 Oct 2010, 14:33, said:

I use these: http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/webcam-commu...es/devices/3621

They've never failed me yet, are quite affordable, and rather comfy as long as it's not for massively prolonged periods. Sound quality is decent, and voice quality - well, you've heard me on TF2/Skype more than enough :P

Ditto to what AJ said!

I have a slightly older version of the Logitech headphones (the previous year's version I think), and they're really great quality for the price. I think I paid about $50 a few years back for them. They have great sound, they sound clear in voice chat, and I've worn them for 6+ hours before with no comfort issues.
:xD:
Posted Image
AJ is responsible for this signature masterpiece... if you see him, tell him I say thanks.
Posted Image

#5 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 17 October 2010 - 19:08

I can only second and third the choice for Logitech headsets. Even their base models (between $25 and $30) work exceptionally well. I've had mine for over a year and from what I've been told, the mic quality is quite good.
Posted Image

#6 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 23:47

Don't bother with a headset. Get a good quality pair of headphones and buy a clip-on microphone.

As Raptor said, AD700 is practically the mother of all entry level headphones and I can't recommend them more (I've had a pair for quite a while now). They reproduce music excellently for the price and because of the huge soundstage they are great for games (which is important, since you're wanting something for gaming, I presume) and movies too. In durability, the AD700 is built like a brick and it is easily the most comfortably headphone I have ever worn.

It's well worth the extra 20 quid to go for a good pair of headphones and a clip on microphone. If you really, really, really insist on getting a headset I'd probably suggest the Beyerdynamic DT234pro, I think that's somewhere around 60 quid.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users