Sanctum

8 replies to this topic

#1 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:42

Sanctum is the worlds first first-person tower defense game and is set in a beautiful science fiction world. You take the role of Skye, an elite soldier sent out to protect her hometown, Elysion One, from hordes of mysterious alien creatures. To facilitate your success you construct defensive structures and upgrade handheld weapons. Jump right into the fray and wreak havoc with your own weapons, and unlike regular tower defenses you are a key part of the defense. Sanctum has taken the best features of first person shooters and tower defense games to create something totally unique.

Features

* Unique mix of Tower Defence and First Person Shooter
* Use various weapons to defeat the attacking horde of aliens
* Design your own mazes and tower setups to success
* Utilize your strategic abilities and prevent the destruction of Elysion One

Awards

* 4th place "Best FPS Mod" - Make Something Unreal 2009
* 4th place "Educational Winners" - Make Something Unreal 2009
* Nominated "Best Execution" - Swedish Game Awards 2010

http://www.coffeesta....php?id=Sanctum

It is damn fun, albeit slightly hard. This is still in really early stages but I can tell it will be promising.

Posted Image

#2 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 15:07

Nice find :P

I played some earlier today and it was really good, it made me wonder why this hasn't been done before. I really hope they get some sort of Co-Op thing going, i can imagine that being epic.

Edit: Just completed it, twas awesome. I can't wait for a new version.

Edited by TheDR, 20 October 2010 - 15:41.

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#3 Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 6796 posts
  • Projects: Sigma Invasion

Posted 21 October 2010 - 23:05

This is one of those things I've dreamt of making but lacked the skills to do so.

Glad someone made it :P.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Insomniac!, on 16 Sep 2008, 20:12, said:

Soul you scare the hell out of me, more so than Lizzie.

I've been given a Bob coin from Mr. Bob, a life time supply of cookies from Blonde-Unknown, some Internet Chocolate from the Full Throttle mod team, and some Assorted Weapons from Høbbesy.

#4 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 23:31

I think they're planning on nailing down the single player before touching any multiplayer/co-op.

Posted Image

#5 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:50

Personally I've found out that:
Posted Image

A is better in the long run. You'll only have only a small part of the overall thing done when you start the game (I had only ONE Gattling turret at the front, the rest were Tower Blocks). You will need to have good aiming, good grenading, chasing skills and sniping if you use A. I managed to last to Wave 12, but I got beat by a few of those small walker ones because the huge ones took the attention of my turrets, and my maze was still incomplete by then because I went for the Lvl 3 sniper upgrade.

Oh did I mention all of my non-AA turrets were level 1 too?

For B...well, everyone does that as novices. I didn't manage to get past the first flying bird level with B, so I don't know much...

Edited by Destiny, 22 October 2010 - 08:57.

Posted Image

#6 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 14:52

I did about three levels of a maze thing and just chucked down a full row of slow pads and fully upgraded Gatling towers. I finished it with only one life down (from one of the air waves).

I find the trick with tower defense games is to upgrade a lot.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#7 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 22:54

'tis a neat little game, nice find! :P
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#8 Destiny

Forum Nakadashi-er

• Member Test
  • 3141 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 00:37

I wonder if Chyros is going to complain about crappy reloads Hmm...hoping there'll be splash damage turrets in the future...or some AA that is flak-like instead of 12356 missiles chasing after one target.
Posted Image

#9 Liten

Morally Moose

• 326 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 19:46

Reviving time! This neat little game has now entered Beta stages and can be bought on Steam. However, the beta is only for pre-purchasers and for those who update-spam their Facebook page. I belive I will be doing the later untill I get a key!
Posted Image

Kyle Carter said:

Harry Potter is the safety scissors of the Fantasy genre

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users