EVE Online

7 replies to this topic

#1 HawkBlade124

Amateur

• 116 posts
  • Projects: C&C Generals Zero Hour: Forces Unknown

Posted 10 December 2010 - 15:13

Hey, are there any EVE players out there? if so, i would like to be a contact with you
Posted Image

If you want to join my mod team, click here C&C ZH: Forces Unkown

Marine: Oh say can you seeeeeeeeeeeee! By the dawn's early Life!
Commander: No its Light! Not life, how many times do i have to say it Private?
Marine: Uh, sorry sir, i won't fail you this time!
Commander: *whispers to him self* sure you will. Lets take it from the top! One, Two, Three!
Marine: Oh say can you seeeeeeeeeeeee! By the dawn's early Light! O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly creaming.
Commander: No! *Sigh* what am i going to do with you soldier?

#2 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 15:23

No, sorry, It looks interesting (isn't there a sequel underway?), but I've already got tons of games on my wishlist.

Just out of curiosity, where you there during the infamous Goonswarm?

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#3 HawkBlade124

Amateur

• 116 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 15:27

Actually, had to get off EVE in that time. what happened?
Posted Image

Commander: *whispers to him self* sure you will. Lets take it from the top! One, Two, Three!
Marine: Oh say can you seeeeeeeeeeeee! By the dawn's early Light! O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly creaming.

#4 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 15:40

Well, it all started with Something Awful (before 4chan came around they where the main trolling/raiding/meme website). The Goons (SA members) decided to target EVE Online as their next target, they flocked together into the largest alliance in the game (Goonswarm) and then swarmed the Band of Brothers, the previously largest alliance in the game, the Goons quickly (through sacrificing massive amounts of low-level ships) overwhelmed everything in their way, and took down the BOB.

After a short time being the alphadog in the game, they dispanded...Due to not paying their bills ingame. Their motto afterall was: "We're bad at this game"

That's the story I heard, the EVE Wiki got the whole thing written down. It was all back in 2006 though, you probably didn't have the game back then.

Edited by SquigPie, 10 December 2010 - 15:41.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#5 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:41

3-years-long EVE player here.

Goonswarm is still around. Blobswarm would be more apropiate tho, because either they blob or their fail.

BoB is still around too, now called IT Alliance, I fought with them, and to a part against the goons, whiles I was in ev0ke, during the southern offensive earlier this year, where the south came for the Northern Coalition (the biggest Coalition of Alliances in EVE as far as I know).

BoB wasn't defeated on the battlefield btw, Goonswarm paid off a BoB director to disband it |8

Edited by Sgt. Rho, 12 December 2010 - 08:48.

#6 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:23

And then they gave the name to their mining/trolling alts |8

- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#7 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:48

And then the Goons essentially disbanded and reformed as "SOLODRAKBANSOLODRAKBANSO", and I think now again Goonswarm.

Btw, Hawkblade, what's your char/main char in EVE?

Edited by Sgt. Rho, 12 December 2010 - 11:49.

#8 HawkBlade124

Amateur

• 116 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:10

Jade III, yours? I usually go out ratting. i am now in Jita
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users