Mass Effect 3

351 replies to this topic

#51 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:04

I think your problem was you probably didn't upgrade the ship.

Posted Image

#52 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:26

I did fully upgrade it.

Spoiler

Anyways should get it right in the second play through.

#53 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:36

You chose the wrong people for the tasks in the collector base then, there are certain team members that you need to choose for certain tasks.

Spoiler

Posted Image

#54 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:49

Spoiler

#55 Magma

Regular

• 174 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:35

There are 3 important upgrades for Normandy if you want to keep all your companions alive:
Spoiler

Hell, i'm too lazy to post:
WARNING! These links contains Massive Spoilers, do not click if you don't want to ruin your game.

The Ultimate Guide for the Omega-4 Relay Mission

The Worst Possible Playthrough
If your feeling to do everything wrong :xD:
Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it... It really is worth fighting for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more.

________________________________________________________________________________
Everyone needs believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.
________________________________________________________________________________
My greatest weapon is my knowledge.... And laser beam eyes.

#56 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:49

Thanks, 'll follow this walkthrough this time since I want everyone to survive to face the Reapers in ME3 :D

#57 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:56

View PostAlias, on 29 Dec 2010, 7:36, said:

You chose the wrong people for the tasks in the collector base then, there are certain team members that you need to choose for certain tasks.

Spoiler

To add to this, it's also best to:
Spoiler

Note, Magma's guide pretty much says it all, this just sums it up ^
For there can be no death without life.

#58 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:08

I deliberately killed Jack off because she's a bitch. :D

Will probably do a full ME1 and ME2 playthrough in the weeks leading up to ME3's release, and will probably do a few things different yet again.

Posted Image

#59 Libains

Light up life.

• Gold Member
  • 4950 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:11

View PostAlias, on 29 Dec 2010, 11:08, said:

Will probably do a full ME1 and ME2 playthrough in the weeks leading up to ME3's release, and will probably do a few things different yet again.

Had I know what I needed to do in order to off her, so would I. Was expecting someone so much cooler when I got to the prison ship, too. |8
For there can be no death without life.

#60 General Kirkov

The very model of a modern major general...

• 1749 posts
  • Projects: MOF book!

Posted 29 December 2010 - 16:19

View PostAJ, on 29 Dec 2010, 6:11, said:

View PostAlias, on 29 Dec 2010, 11:08, said:

Had I know what I needed to do in order to off her, so would I. Was expecting someone so much cooler when I got to the prison ship, too. |8

I needed Jack to shoot people in the air with shock wave... That's about where her usefulness balances out with the crazy, but at the final battle I tend to take her and Grunt, good team grunt with Shotty/AR/Krogan badassery and Jack to deal with the collectors.
All Proud Canadians put this Mapple Leaf Ribbon in your Signature! Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Clicking on the picture will bring you to the latest part of the stories.
The Terran Invasions: A New Threat Part 5 is now up!
MOF: Lost and Found Epilogue is now up!

Red Storm, TI-Prologue, TI-Chapter 1, MOF #1, MOF #2, MOF # 3, MOF # 4, MOF # 5, MOF # 6

#61 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:05

View PostAlias, on 29 Dec 2010, 13:36, said:

Spoiler

Spoiler

#62 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:09

Hmm, I thought Zaeed would've worked, I thought I read that somewhere.

I did always use Garrus over the others, though. On that note I think I'll start another full ME1 + ME2 playthrough soon, to get ready for the final ME2 DLC and of course ME3.

Posted Image

#63 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:46

I'm also considering that. I played at infiltrator in my 2 play throughs. So thinking of doing something different.

#64 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:36

Infiltrator was my favourite run through, Ive done em all apart from engineer which im considering doing, just so I can spam drones with tali n legion to mess up the AI 8|

Posted Image

Posted Image

#65 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:41

Does any of you feel that we don't get enough time to play with Legion? He is bloody good when he is equipped with the Widow SR. You can play the DLC missions after completing the campaign and use legion, but I feel that Legion should have been introduced earlier. I hope that such thing would not happen in ME3.

#66 Alias

Member Title Goes Here

• 11705 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:44

Legion is my favourite character (if you didn't notice already), and you do get a semi-reasonable amount of time if you complete the game before the DLC. I used him every mission after I got him as I find him the most balanced character to have with you after Garrus.

But yeah, I do think he could've got more, but I don't think his introduction would be as 'dramatic' (I really hate using that word, but I can't think of anything else) otherwise.

Nevertheless, definitely looking forward to further character development in ME3.

Posted Image

#67 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:21

Agreed. Legion, Thane and Garrus stand out to me as some of the best characters in ME2. Yes when I was playing the game for the first time, legions entrance was epic.

When I also have the Widow, 1 shot each from legion and me would take down the harbringer. Its interesting to see who would retrun in ME3. Since Thane is dying I don't expect to see him in my squad, but it would be awesome to see him.

#68 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:57

Garrus is definitely my favourite, my Legion is a great second. Just in terms of badarsery, not just how good they are (though they ARE good) <87 .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#69 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 17:34

Legion is always in my squads, I didnt wake him up first time around and spent the final missions wondering when id get that final squad member <87

There are some unused sounds in ME2 that suggest legion was meant to be encountered much earlier tho. He better be back for ME3 since he is just too interesting a character to lose.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#70 Raven

Ready to rumble

• Member Test
  • 854 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 03:49

I hope so. Perhaps the Geth as a whole can be united against the reapers depending on the decisions we made earlier.

I'd also like to play some more with the Normandy. Ability to use the Normandy's Cannon's would be aweomse, even if the events are scripted.

Edited by Raven, 05 February 2011 - 03:52.

#71 Magma

Regular

• 174 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:49

Legion is one of my favorities aswell, beside Garrus, Tali and Grunt. Too bad you can't do almost nothing of the native missions with him (it) except by modifying game data which is too much of a hassle and if something goes wrong and you didn't make packup -----> resinstall.

Finger's crossed that in MEIII Legion follows you like a bloodhound. <87
Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it... It really is worth fighting for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more.

#72 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 13:12

My favorite combo has to be Thane and Jacob. Given the fact that I'm a soldier I got all the roles covered except for Tech but I do regular rotations depending on the mood and what I expect (note I had only 1 playthrough so far)
Posted Image

#73 Pav:3d

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 14:15

Do another playthrough which isnt soldier and the gameplay changes a lot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#74 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 14:18

I did in ME1...ME2 will still have to wait with that as I havent been exactly satisfied with my initial play (didnt do any side missions apart from the loyalties...and I also finally got the DLC's)
Posted Image

#75 Magma

Regular

• 174 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:29

View PostTehKiller, on 6 Feb 2011, 16:18, said:

I did in ME1...ME2 will still have to wait with that as I havent been exactly satisfied with my initial play (didnt do any side missions apart from the loyalties...and I also finally got the DLC's)
Heretic!

Anyways, most side missions in MEII aside from loyalty missions are abit boring and too short, why there aren't any like 4h long side missions where you think it's just a small trip to a random planet, kill some dudes, grab your loot and fly of;
but at some point is escalates like into a massive war between Geth and Blood Pack Mercenaries, and you have to do something about em: Mass Effect style.
Too bad there ain't more The Lair of the Shadow Broker like missions, that was awesome. :/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users