Looking for help understanding the 'AISpecialPowerUpdateModule'

No replies to this topic

#1 Madin

Amateur

• 138 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:22

I'd generally like to understand more about the 'AISpecialPowerUpdateModule' that is used to allow the AI use various special abilities and player powers.
It definitely seems that it is only a guide to using any abilities it references, and as such it seems very limited.

For example the Devourer tank has an 'AISpecialPowerUpdateModule' that references the 'Conversion beam' ability, but without being 'told' that it needs to target tiberium to use the ability, the Devourer tank uses the ability incorrectly (you can hear when its using the ability). It is 'described' to the Devourer has being a 'Area-of-effect' self-buff, so it attempts to use it before it engages an enemy (just out of interest, does anyone know how to get the AI to use this ability, tried and failed).

I have a infantry squad based 'Area-of-effect' special ability rocket attack. The special ability is basically a rocket that contains a 'Rage generator' warhead.
The code is below:
<AISpecialPowerUpdate id=&#34;ModuleTag_RageRocketAI&#34; CommandButtonName=&#34;Command_NODRageRocketGetToRange&#34; SecondaryCommandButtonName=&#34;Command_TargetedNODRageRocket&#34; SpecialPowerRadius=&#34;445.0&#34; SpecialPowerAIType=&#34;SPECIAL_POWER_RANGED_AOE_ATTACK&#34; EnemyUnitInclude=&#34;VEHICLE&#34; EnemyUnitExclude=&#34;AIRCRAFT&#34; />

The AI uses the ability, but there are several issues. It seems that I am only allowed a single enemy unit 'Include' & 'Exclude' 'Kindof'. Attempting to add more than one 'Kindof' to either attribute seems to cancel the attribute completely. What this means for my special ability is that there is a danger that the AI will attempt to target something that the special ability has no effect on, in this case structures.

I have also noticed that the AI completely ignores the 'Special power' reload time. This means that the AI uses the ability whenever it feels like it, which is very irritating! Is there any way to increase the time between uses?
A couple of final questions:
What does the 'SpecialPowerRadius' attribute refer to? Is it the radius within which the AI should use the ability? I've noticed that this attribute is given a very high value for side bar support powers.
Is there any reason to use the 'UnitKindOf' attribute instead of the 'enemy' & 'ally' attributes? I've noticed that the 'Orca bombing run' uses this attribute.
What does the 'MinimumCutoff' attribute do? I see it used quite a bit in the module being discussed.
What does the 'UpdateTime' attribute do?

Any help at all would be appreciated, thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users