Stealth crate pick up

1 reply to this topic

#1 Madin

Amateur

• 138 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:04

I'm adding a couple of crate surprise options and I'm now stuck on how to code a stealth crate pick up.
I would basically like it work like the Nod player power except it will be able to effect anything the player has, the infantry killer weapon would be removed and the radius of effect would be much smaller.

I checked the Nod operation centre and saw that the 'Cloaking field' power is controlled using a 'GrantUpgradeAreaOfEffectSpecialPower' module.
This allows the for the 'Upgrade_CloakingFieldInvisibility' (the actual upgrade that grants the ability) as well has controlling the radius and launchFX.

I've been using a 'FireWeaponWhenDead' module has advised by Stygs for controlling a lot of my crate surprises, but I fear that this will not do for this particular surprise.

Anyone have any creative solutions for this problem?

#2 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 13 January 2011 - 13:24

Hmm, I don't know anything about modding, but maybe you could try to use the weapon of the NOD structure which renders all the base invisible, maybe by spawning a little invisible module which would follow the unit that picks up the crate and that is removed on it's death?

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users