C&C - Stargate Universe Mod

3 replies to this topic

#1 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 14 January 2011 - 16:42

I'm posting this news on behalf of the CnC SGU Modding Team known as Syton Interactive (of which I am a member) since the registration of new accounts is temporarly disabled.

Hello everyone,

I’d like to present to you a Mod which is being developed by an independent French team since fall 2007. Built on the C&C Generals Zero Hour engine, the Stargate Universe mod aims to totally modify the game in order to provide a whole new experience of the game based on the Stargate franchise. A public beta of the mod has been available since summer 2010 and can be downloaded from this link.

The mod actually contains the two main factions of Stargate: The Tau’ri and the Goa’uld. The other factions (Asgards, Replicators, Ancients, Wraiths and finally Ori) are still being developed and implemented. In addition to these 7 civilizations, there will also be neutral technologies exploitable by everyone such as the Tollan cannons, the Lantean drillers, the Travelers ships and much more. The mod will be playable in both multiplayer and singleplayer with a full campaign.

It took us some time to establish a modding team, but we’re now a bonded group which is determined to go all the way through this little adventure of ours and hopefully release a full version of the mod. The main problem resides however in the fact that our number is quite limited, and that’s why we’re constantly looking for volunteers to help us with the mod. If you’re interested in helping please send us a message to the following email address: contact@cnc.sgu.fr with some information about your modding skills.

One of the particularities of our team is that we’re actually trying to spread the mod by “going on the field” and exposing our work in shows, such as the 2010 SciFi Convention, or the Video Games Festival in Paris.

Now to showcase some of our work:

Our first teaser, released during the 2010 SciFi Convention :
Our second teaser, released during the Video Game Festival of 2010:
The mod’s main menu and shellmap: Posted Image A Goa'uld fleet led by the Admiral Ship: Posted Image Tau'ri HQ : The S.G.C. Posted Image Goa'uld command panel and special powers: Posted Image Artwork of the Ancient’s Library: Posted Image
You’re welcome to try out our newest public beta which you can find on the following links: - PC Version
- PC version (mirror)
- Mac OS Version
As a reminder: The mod is still in beta, and therefore many elements of it will be subject to changes or aren’t available yet (such as the campaign)

Looking for more information on the mod or for a place where to post your suggestions? These links could prove useful:
- Official website
- Facebook Page
- ModDB Profile
- Official forums

Posted Image

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#2 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 16:53

Seems like an odd choice of mod name considering this seems to have nothing to do with the actual series "Stargate Universe". :P

Either way, liking the re-enactments in the teasers! :sly:

Edited by Bob, 14 January 2011 - 16:53.

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#3 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 14 January 2011 - 18:46

Well the thing is, the team was already working on the mod way before the Stargate Universe series was aired, but the name stayed nonetheless.
I'd also like to point out that the images and content are somewhat outdated, seeing as many buildings got skinned (or reskinned for some) and several units have been added.
The media showcased in this post is only a depiction of what you can already find in the last beta :eek:

The final mod is actually going to include full campaigns which will be based on the whole SG franchise (including SG Universe :D)

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#4 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 19:14

Ah, makes sense. :eek:

Will be interesting to see the campaign, but I'm guessing that's still a fair ways off. :D

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users