Amazing Concert Footage (Mainly for Muse Fans)

7 replies to this topic

#1 Ghostrider

Duly Appointed Federal Marshal

• Project Team
  • 991 posts
  • Projects: The Pants Party, Irradiated Inc.

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:25

So I was browsing the band Muse's homepage the other day, when I came across this very special concert footage:

http://muse.mu/page....e=christmas2010

The two songs on the page, Uprising and Citizen Erased, can be viewed from seven different camera angles, 5 of the cameras being right on stage with the band members. The coolest part, however, is that all 7 cameras can be pivoted 360 degrees using your mouse (including up and down), and can be zoomed in or out. It's truly an incredible use of technology, and I'm not totally sure how they do it. :wtf:

It's pretty cool to be able to see how a concert looks from the performer's point of view though. Even if you don't like Muse, it's worth checking out. :eek:

FYI, to change what camera you're observing from, click the red dots in the box in the lower right corner.

Epic win. :D

Edited by Ghostrider, 16 January 2011 - 05:27.

Posted Image
AJ is responsible for this signature masterpiece... if you see him, tell him I say thanks.
Posted Image

#2 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 16 January 2011 - 13:57

View PostGhostrider, on 16 Jan 2011, 5:25, said:

So I was browsing the band Muse's homepage the other day, when I came across this very special concert footage:

http://muse.mu/page....e=christmas2010

The two songs on the page, Uprising and Citizen Erased, can be viewed from seven different camera angles, 5 of the cameras being right on stage with the band members. The coolest part, however, is that all 7 cameras can be pivoted 360 degrees using your mouse (including up and down), and can be zoomed in or out. It's truly an incredible use of technology, and I'm not totally sure how they do it. :wtf:

It's pretty cool to be able to see how a concert looks from the performer's point of view though. Even if you don't like Muse, it's worth checking out. :eek:

FYI, to change what camera you're observing from, click the red dots in the box in the lower right corner.

Epic win. :D

Saw that the other day, I'm a big fan of Muse, but not really a big fan of those tracks, still, awesome stuff.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Brad

Quick! STAB YOURSELF FOR SAFETY!

• Member Test
  • 1467 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 14:20

Really surprised you don't have that Muse newsletter they send out on the website Ghost; these were released a while ago.

I was really wondering how they did it, too.
Then the last verse of Citizen Erased came on, and I didn't care anymore :D
You almost did, didn't you?

#4 Ghostrider

• Project Team
  • 991 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 18:01

View PostBrad, on 16 Jan 2011, 9:20, said:

Really surprised you don't have that Muse newsletter they send out on the website Ghost; these were released a while ago.

I was really wondering how they did it, too.
Then the last verse of Citizen Erased came on, and I didn't care anymore :D

Yeah, I don't like Citizen Erased really at all, but uprising is badass.

Also, thanks for the move to the correct area.

Posted Image
AJ is responsible for this signature masterpiece... if you see him, tell him I say thanks.
Posted Image

#5 CJ

Rocket soldier

• Member Test
  • 2150 posts
  • Projects: Nothing yet

Posted 16 January 2011 - 18:17

Holy dooley, my internet just got exploded due to the required download speed to watch this without lag :|

View PostChyros, on 11 November 2013 - 18:21, said:

I bet I could program an internet

#6 Ghostrider

• Project Team
  • 991 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 18:28

View PostCJ, on 16 Jan 2011, 13:17, said:

Holy dooley, my internet just got exploded due to the required download speed to watch this without lag :|

That's funny, I don't have a fast connection (15 mb/s DL, 7 mb/s UL) and I don't have any trouble. :D

Edited by Ghostrider, 16 January 2011 - 18:30.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 16 January 2011 - 19:20

View PostGhostrider, on 16 Jan 2011, 20:28, said:

View PostCJ, on 16 Jan 2011, 13:17, said:

That's funny, I don't have a fast connection (15 mb/s DL, 7 mb/s UL) and I don't have any trouble. :wtf:

dude dont torture me! 15mbps not fast? where i am, 1mbps is lightning fast :D

but the vid was worth streaming thx :eek:
Posted Image

#8 Mbob61

I may or may not be iron man!

• Project Team
  • 3068 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:45

Thats some pretty epic stuff :P
Well worth the stream.

Mike