Red Dwarf

5 replies to this topic

#1 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 20:06

If you haven't heard, there's gonna be a new series of Red Dwarf. Robert Llewellyn posted about it on his blog.

I'm glad to see they are considering shooting in front of a live audience again; the specials were great, but they would have been so much better with a laughter track. I can understand why they are worried about doing that, but hopefully they will find a solution to it somehow...

I wonder if the series will be the Series 9 mentioned in back to earth, or if it will follow on after the specials...

Edited by Bob, 21 January 2011 - 20:26.

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#2 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 20:20

As i said on MSN.

Hell yeah!
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#3 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 21:57

Sorry this went downhill after series 6 and I lost the massive interest I had in it. Going back in time just to revive characters that died in series 1 episode 1 was just a little too desperate for me to handle.

#4 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 23 January 2011 - 13:00

View PostWizard, on 21 Jan 2011, 21:57, said:

Sorry this went downhill after series 6 and I lost the massive interest I had in it. Going back in time just to revive characters that died in series 1 episode 1 was just a little too desperate for me to handle.

I haven't really watched the last two series. I was given series 1-6 on DVD and loved them, I've probably seen the odd episode from series 7-8, but nothing much. I really liked the special though so I'm hoping the new series will be as good as it deserves to.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 13:17

I remember the first episode when it was aired. I am too old skool to think that the latest ones are any where near worthy. However, I might just watch an episode to see if it compares. I have little hope though.

#6 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 14:31

If you go to watch it and wait to be disappointed you are just going to look at all the bad things in the episode and disregard any good points thus proving your theory. If you watch it without any expectations you might just enjoy it.
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users