Great new way to save on phone bills!

6 replies to this topic

#1 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts
  • Projects: Untitled, Generation X, March of the Cursed Reich (Working Title)

Posted 29 January 2011 - 05:59

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share this. One of my friends let me in on some inside info (kinda secret, but not very).

Around mid-feb, there's going to be a new app being launched for iPhone. It's free to download and saves you a lot of money on your phone (mobile or cell, that is)
How it works is something like a pre-paid card. You pay online for "credit" and then you can use the app to make calls.
Functions will include:

- Normal calls
- Conference calls
- Data calls (unconfirmed)
- Free calls (to users of the same app, locally, so far as I know)

It's confirmed to be using existing GPRS/3G networks to make calls so there should be no drop in quality as compared to your existing phone carrier. However, there is one BIG difference.

Normal cost breakdown for mobile/cell phones is something like this:

Connection fee + Call cost/min + Network airtime/min (fee for using the networks) = Total call cost/min

In Singapore that means;

50c + 16c/min + 16c/min = 50c+ 32c/min

This app changes things. What you get is this:

50c + 16c/min 4c/min + 16c/min = 50c+ 32c/min 4c/min

Rates for other countries are confirmed to also be around this price of 4c/min.
The same rates also apply for making calls overseas!

What my friend (who shall not be named) as told me as well is that when it is launched, he will be sending a direct link via email to the app download page where I can sign up for the app and download immediately. I can forward this to you guys as well if anyone is interested in getting it too.

I don't have an iPhone but I'm signing up for the app anyway because it's going to be launched for other phones (Bb, Nokia, etc.) around March this year.

Get the app here!

Edited by CoLT, 28 April 2011 - 10:02.

Posted Image

#2 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:42

What app is it? IF there is an android version, I'd be curious. Also my email is in my profile.
Posted Image

#3 GuardianTempest

Regular

• 180 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:58

Isn't this already in the Philippines known as the 'Load' system? You have to pay IRL at some nearby-conveniece stores(that's why they're convenient) and they use THEIR cellphones to pass on credit to you....and some network providers priveledge you on being able to pass on load to others.

Or am I mistaken?

Edited by GuardianTempest, 29 January 2011 - 07:58.

OC's and stuff
DeviantArt
*RWUAAARAAUGHRWAGH!!*
--------------------------
Posted Image
"I am an artist of daydreams. With just a little material, be it a picture, audio or a simple thought, it could fuel a derivative masterpiece."
And I also do Walfas Comics...when I feel like it.

#4 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:24

@TPAM: Nope, totally new. Based in Singapore but will be available for use worldwide.

@Scope: IIRC, there will an android version as well but it's going to be released around the same time as the Blackberry version. As mentioned before, it's coming to iPhone first.
Posted Image

#5 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:04

Hey, sorry to rez a old topic but got some updates on this.

The website is now up and the app is available in iTunes app store. Currently, it's going through final beta testing on the iPhone so although it's available for download by anyone, it's actually only usable by testers.
Also, public release is expected end of this month.

Check it out here: http://www.icallq.com.
Posted Image

#6 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 14:01

Hey everyone. Sorry to Rez and triple post but I've got some really good news. Next Saturday, 23rd April, icallQ will be going live for iPhone. So all of you will be able to download the app and use it Immediately.

Just to let you know, this is an app that I've worked on myself and I'd really appreciate the support from everyone here. Besides, there's an incentive.
If you refer a friend to use icallQ, you will receive 10% of any credit they purchase absolutely free!
Even if you don't own or use an iPhone, i'd encourage everyone to signup for this and support me. Don't worry, signup and download of icallQ is totally free. And icallQ will be released for blackberry, android and windows phones in the weeks to come. You only need to pay for credit when making calls.

If you're interest, please pm me with your email address so that I can email you the sign up e-card.

Thanks.
Posted Image

#7 CoLT

Cuboning!

• Project Team
  • 1611 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:03

BUMP!

Link added to 1st post. I urge everyone to sign up and support me even if you do not own a smartphone right now. Please tell your friends about it as well, thanks.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users