Asset Builder Keeps Crashing

4 replies to this topic

#1 Umbrella Secrets

Experimenting

• 658 posts
  • Projects: I'm with the Mapper Guild Projects

Posted 04 February 2011 - 19:06

Hello, I have a big problem with the Buildmod.bat in SDK. When I build my mod everything goes okay until it reaches this: Resolving references: mods\tiberiumsecrets\data\mod, after it reaches this my compiler just stops and crashes. It will not build the manifest or open the stream files and complete it. This just happened all of the sudden when I was building my mod and this has never happened before? When I build the sample mod it compiles perfectly fine. I have tired reinstalling SDK, all files are were they are supposed to be, and I have checked for xml errors, all have no luck with solving the problem.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 04 February 2011 - 19:40

clear the builder's cache, then rebuild.

Also look for missing "s and </>s

#3 Umbrella Secrets

Experimenting

• 658 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 22:03

Sorry for asking this, but is the builder cache the assets folder in buildmods? Also my compiler does not have any unknown assets located in it sorry I forgot to mention that. Also when I kept my army from being built on my mod the compiler completed everything else in the mod. Can xml coding errors sometimes do this?

Edited by Umbrella Secrets, 04 February 2011 - 22:14.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Sgt. Rho

Kerbal Rocket Scientist

• Project Leader
  • 6870 posts
  • Projects: Scaring Jebediah.

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:35

An XML error once caused a Bluescreen of Death on my PC, so I assume it can do that too <87

Yes, the chache is in builtmods.

#5 Umbrella Secrets

Experimenting

• 658 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 14:34

Wow, it was the most simple xml error causing it. XD I had a projectile using itself as a projectile. XD Anyways it's all fixed now. <87
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users