Scrin Buildup animation

6 replies to this topic

#1 Medusa

Regular

• 164 posts
  • Projects: Timeless War

Posted 12 March 2011 - 12:09

Well, I guess you know what I mean. I took a look at the storm column buildup animation you can found in one of EAs sample Art kits (.w3x). I imported the ABStormBld_SKN and ABStormBld_SKL into max, configured the shaders as in the w3x-files and I took the original textures of C&C3 for testing. It still dont work as it should. Thanks for your help.

Enclosed you will find all files I made so far.

Attached File(s)

Posted Image

#2 Madin

Amateur

• 138 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 15:34

Really having checked the test W3X in W3X viewer I cannot see what's supposed to be wrong.

If you mean the fact that you cannot preview it in Max, then add it to list of things that you cannot preview in Max, but work fine in-game.

#3 Medusa

Regular

• 164 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 15:45

Already added this one to the list of things thats not previewed correctly in Max. :D Anyway here are the original w3x. I just dont know how to get this animation working that smoothly as in thoose from EA... :-/

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  AB.rar (85.37K)
    Number of downloads: 3

Posted Image

#4 Madin

Amateur

• 138 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 23:18

I've never worked on the Scrin build up before, so I'll have to let someone else answer.

#5 Medusa

Regular

• 164 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 15:54

If we want to be scientific, we could call this irreproducible complexity. |8 Anyway, thanks for your help.^^
Posted Image

#6 Golan

<Charcoal tiles available>

• Member Test
  • 3300 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 16:24

This might be due to an incorrect import of the second UVW channel. The original file has 8 <TexCoords>, your has only 4. A a second UVW channel is saved by appending a second <TexCoords> element after the first, which your objects are lacking.
Note that AFAIK, none of the available importers support the 2nd UVW channel, so you have to create it manually.
Now go out and procreate. IN THE NAME OF DOOM!

#7 Medusa

Regular

• 164 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:04

Ah, ok. Thanks alot. :)
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users