The biggest piece of **** in British TV is back.

12 replies to this topic

#1 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 06 April 2011 - 15:41

http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-12983426

I suppose I shouldn't be suprised.. still I had hoped It's demise would be more permanent, at least it won't intrude on my scrubs watching anymore, just hope they don't postone things like the gadget show for this FCA POS.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 06 April 2011 - 16:13

Just when channel five couldnt get anymore trashier or disrespected

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 TheDR

Whispery Wizard

• Administrator
  • 5846 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 16:18

Well this was expected.

Don't watch anything on 5 anyway (stopped watching the gadget show when they said the Wii was the best thing to happen to gaming D:).
Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#4 Ion Cannon!

Mountain Maniac

• Gold Member
  • 5812 posts
  • Projects: European Conflict - Particle FX & Coder

Posted 06 April 2011 - 16:30

View PostTheDR, on 6 Apr 2011, 17:18, said:

Well this was expected.

Don't watch anything on 5 anyway (stopped watching the gadget show when they said the Wii was the best thing to happen to gaming D:).

They said that? :0

I rather enjoy watching it though, It's basically top gear with gadgets.

Edited by Ion Cannon!, 06 April 2011 - 16:31.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 SquigPie

Forum Pet

• Member Test
  • 1388 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 17:29

Well, despite our mutual hatred for the Wii, it WAS the thing that opened gaming to the public, which sure made the game industry a whole lot richer (and more douchebaggy).

Reality TV is the plague of TV. An industry that gets its ideas from a dystopian Sci-Fi film (The Truman Show) that shows how inhuman the very idea is. Such an industry a daemonic and foul thing.

As long as the dark foundation of our nature, grim in its all-encompassing egoism, mad in its drive to make that egoism into reality, to devour everything and to define everything by itself, as long as that foundation is visible, as long as this truly original sin exists within us, we have no business here and there is no logical answer to our existence.
Imagine a group of people who are all blind, deaf and slightly demented and suddenly someone in the crowd asks, "What are we to do?"... The only possible answer is, "Look for a cure". Until you are cured, there is nothing you can do.
And since you don't believe you are sick, there can be no cure.
- Vladimir Solovyov

Posted Image

#6 Sgt. Nuker

Greenskin Inside

• Global Moderator
  • 13457 posts
  • Projects: Shoot. Chop. Smash. Stomp.

Posted 06 April 2011 - 21:16

I love how the term "reality TV" is thrown around like a basketball. It's not reality at all........it doesn't even make for good television. Alas, it's easy for the masses to swallow and they keep begging for me. Fortunately there are other channels to watch.
Posted Image

#7 Wizard

[...beep...]

• Administrator
  • 9627 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 22:18

Posted Image

I honestly thought that we'd seen the last of this scum infested claptrap. My opinion of the Great British Public is quite clearly, wrong. Whichever executive at 5 thought this would be a good idea should be kicked in the gut till his arse bleeds.

#8 Slightly Wonky Robob

Not a Wonky Gent.

• Administrator
  • 9333 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 22:21

View PostTheDR, on 6 Apr 2011, 17:18, said:

Well this was expected.

Indeed, 'twas inevitable... just wish it could have stayed off air for a bit longer. D;

The Gadget Show has been slowly going down hill. Alot of the gadgets they review now are aimed at idiots, and I end up fast forwarding through most of the repetitive elements of the show, which doesn't leave much original content. D8

Posted Image
F O R T H E N S
Posted Image

#9 TehKiller

Silent Assassin

• 2696 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 22:55

Ha. If I have to suffer at the hands of idiots swarming the TV channels then its good to know im not the only one.

Altough this season they really went overboard (I mean seriously...they decided to make a multinational craphouse with 2 croats, 2 bosnians, 1 macedonian, 2 midgets and a dozen serb hillbillies)
Posted Image

#10 Chyros

Forum Keymist

• Gold Member
  • 7580 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 22:55

All reality TV shows are maximally horrible and need to die as soon as possible.

Good luck with the upcoming hypes, guys D8 .
TN

The brave hide behind technology. The stupid hide from it. The clever have technology, and hide it.
—The Book of Cataclysm

Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 Pav:3d

YOUR WORLDS WILL BECOME OUR LABORATORIES

• Project Leader
  • 7224 posts
  • Projects: EC, CORE, ER

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:04

View PostWizard, on 6 Apr 2011, 23:18, said:

Posted Image

I honestly thought that we'd seen the last of this scum infested claptrap. My opinion of the Great British Public is quite clearly, wrong. Whichever executive at 5 thought this would be a good idea should be kicked in the gut till his arse bleeds.

D8 beautifully put.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 ΓΛPTΘΓ

Ecchi Toaster

• Project Team
  • 923 posts
  • Projects: Spam

Posted 08 April 2011 - 14:44

Luckily I don't watch TV anymore. Gadget show was a total let down as they don't even know how to use some more specialized products correctly and rating them down as they are totally doing it wrong.

Hopefully no more crappy Big Brothers leaking in my news.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Awesome radio

19:44 - Chyros: I'm very harmless

#13 BeefJeRKy

Formerly known as Scopejim

• Gold Member
  • 5114 posts
  • Projects: Life

Posted 08 April 2011 - 21:12

Meh Gadget Show overplays the stereotypes of certain things. IMO tech news is best left to the internet seeing as how quickly things change.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users