←  Game Discussion

Fallout Studios Forums

»

most underrated games

SquigPie's Photo SquigPie 29 Apr 2011

View PostSobek, on 29 Apr 2011, 0:20, said:

View PostTehKiller, on 26 Apr 2011, 3:24, said:

Serious Sam (at least thats the impression I have about this)

Yes. GOD Yes.

Serious Sam beats the crap out of Duke Nuken, imo.

HERESY! Nothing beats the Duke.

AllStarZ's Photo AllStarZ 29 Apr 2011

Rise of Nations.

System Shock 2.

Prey.

SquigPie's Photo SquigPie 29 Apr 2011

I'm sorry to say this, but people seem to have mistaken "Unkown" to "Underrated", Most of the games listed here are considered classics and some of the best games ever, which in no way makes them underrated, they're just relatively unknown, compared to games like MW2 and CS.

Change of title?
Edited by SquigPie, 29 April 2011 - 10:38.

Alias's Photo Alias 29 Apr 2011

View PostSquigPie, on 29 Apr 2011, 20:32, said:

I'm sorry to say this, but people seem to have mistaken "Unkown" to "Underrated", Most of the games listed here are considered classics and some of the best games ever, which in no way makes them underrated, they're just relatively unknown, compared to games like MW2 and CS.

Change of title?

English
Adjective

underrated (comparative more underrated, superlative most underrated)

Not given enough recognition for its quality

It can be both, really. It can be it's not recognised enough, or it can be it's reviewed at too low a degree.
An 'underrated' game in my view is one that has not had enough exposure, even if it gets good reviews. Good reviews are only part of the equation.

Dispenser's Photo Dispenser 06 May 2011

When you put it that way, I'm gonna have to say Freespace 2, sure it has tons of mods and fanmade campaigns now, but it didn't sell very well initially due to lack of marketing IIRC, so they haven't done a third installment... though seeing Volition's newer releases I'm not too bitter.

Anyway, I find FS2 is still the best Space shooter "sim" around, but that may be due to the rather heavy drought on that genre for the last ten years or so... Prophecy killed WC-series in -97; Alliance was the last "sim" in the Star Wars-universe; and I could say many things about Starlancer, few of them good. Freelancer on the other hand, while fun, was more just an action-game as far as the battles go. After those, I haven't seen any real attempts at the genre, aside from one eastern european one I forget the name of, which wasn't that great...

Ah well, atleast FS2 has an active community and the SCP is making it look very good indeed so it's not all bad.

Destiny's Photo Destiny 06 May 2011

You should see the new models for the Medusa and Sathanas for the next mediaVPs on HLP.

Chyros's Photo Chyros 06 May 2011

Syndicate Wars
Dungeon Keeper
Impossible Creatures